•·.·´¯`·.·•The Tater Tots Family•·.·´¯`·.·•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dragonrain:

I absolutely love guinea pigs. Of course, when I discovered bunnies, I was torn between the two. Lol. So far, I am not reacting to him at all so I am very happy. Mm I agree about the probably having to have at least one bunny. I went bunnyless for a while to get my asthma under control and I hated it. I am lucky that we have a house and I can now have one outside since the climate permits. The problem is that I don't feel I can interact with them as much as I want. That gets to me badly. Too bad about the snails. Hope you come across some. I actually had huge snails in my dream last night... LOL :expressionless

[align=center]Meeeeeeeeeeet[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01653.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01648.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01645.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01647.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01644.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01638.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01651.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]Twizzler![/align]

[align=center]Two weeks ago, we went to the family reunion. I think I may have mentionned it briefly... Anyway, I took some pictures while we walked through the woods and I also took some around the place where we were staying. I thought I would share my favorites.

I took many pictures of mushrooms. It was different for me since I have never seen most of these kinds and they were fun to photograph. Here's what I got:

DSC01471.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

DSC01477.jpg

DSC01476.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

DSC01539.jpg

DSC01538.jpg

DSC01535.jpg

DSC01534.jpg

DSC01529.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

DSC01516.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

Yes, this is cow poop... Lol.

DSC01498.jpg

[/align]

While walking through the woods, we came across some puddles in the middle of the path. There were plenty of frogs and thekids wanted to catch them but were unable to. Now, I must admit, I am a pretty good frog catcher. Every year, we used to go to a campsite and I used to spend all my time catching frogs and toads. Lol. I decided to try and catch some and found that I really hadn't lost that skill at all. The kids were impressed and I was happy to score a few points with them. Hehehe. Anyway, I caught a few and handed them to the kids. I took a few pictures and then we returned them to their puddles.

[align=center]
DSC01495.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01494.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01497.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01521.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01523.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01525.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01527.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01526.jpg
[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
DSC01544.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01500.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01481.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01470.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01482.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Some animals...[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01486.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01488.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01491.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01502.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01506.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01509.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01511.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01519.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]And that's all I have for now :)
[/align]

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it :biggrin2:Yeah, Maybelle is... Well, she's Maybelle :pShe makes sure we know exactly what she's thinking. She's hilarious. All our pets have so much personality and they are soooo different from each other. :biggrin2:It's a nice balance I think.

Great pictures and congrats on the addition to the family.

Many people are surprised when they ask me how many rabbits I have and tell them each one has its own distinct personality. Bunnys are quite the characters!

Yep, they sure have a ton of personality! Just like people, there aren't two the same. :biggrin2:

Thanks Jujub, I love taking pictures :p

[align=center]___________________________________________________[/align]
[align=center]The Newest Tater...[/align]
[align=center]Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeellllll...[/align]
[align=center]We now have Jelly Bean, another male guinea pig. He's a color I have never had before and he's adorable. We sat on the floor and let them meet and aside from the regular rumbling and general behaviour there was nothing of significance. They were quite fun to watch. I really liked that Twizzler perked right up when he realized there was another piggy nearby. They are now playing together and munching on hay happily. [/align]
[align=center]:biggrin2:[/align]

Thanks! Thank you for reading our blog as well :biggrin2:

[align=center]_____________________________________[/align]
[align=center]Twizzler and Jelly Bean (pictures of Jelly Bean still to come) are getting along great. They are both very active and very vocal (which I absolutely love). I'm still not reacting to them though I do get a little bit of an allergic reaction when handling the hay but that is bearable.[/align]
[align=center]Houdina and Baloo justlove watching them.It's quite funny to watch Baloo actually. He's always been very intimidated when it comes to the bunnies but he was definitely curious about the guinea pigs. He's adorable really. If I set them on a blanket, he will come up slowlyand then lie down on the blanket in front of them and watch. When they squeak or munch, he gently (and I mean very gently) pats them. Almost like if he is scared to touch them. Twizzler usually crawls between the blanket layers so Baloo sticks his nose inside to watch him so I often see a headless cat with his butt sticking out from under the blanket. Hehehe. Houdina is a gentle soul and she is very motherly so I have seen her licking them gently but mostly she just likes to watch.[/align]
[align=center]I thought maybe the cats would stress the piggies out but they've taken to them really really well. We let the pigs out on the floor the other day and the cats were about and they would actually go see the cats. They pass right by them without flinching. They even sit and munch happily.[/align]
[align=center]It's been wonderful to watch Twizzler and Jelly Bean snuggle. Jelly Bean is much less skittish (? spelling looks odd) than Twizzler and that seems to have affected Twizzler in the sense that now Twizzler fears us less. They still have a bit to go but I think it's going great since they've only been here a few days.[/align]
[align=center]Jeff has decided that he wants to build them their 'cage' himself. He showed me a brief design and we came up with a ton of ideas. This will be a major project and we are hoping to turn it into a sort of hobby for ourselves at the same time. I simply cannot wait to get started. Let me tell you, Twizzler and Jelly Bean will be awful spoilt! [/align]
[align=center]The funny thing isI snuck Twizzler into the house. Lol. I'm glad Jeff was okay with it and even more happy that he got me Jelly Bean. :biggrin:It is so unbelievablywonderful to have someone as cool with the pets as Jeff... I absolutely love how gentle he is with them and also how considerate he is. [/align]
[align=center]____________________________[/align]
[align=center]Sooooooooo I spent quite a bit of time working on my dutch with Jeff. It's been a bit tough because I cannot seem to accept having an accent. I MUST have it bang on. I MUST learn it NOW. Lol. Some sounds are extremely subtle and hard for me to hear. I simply cannot figure out the difference between the 'v' and 'w'. Lol. I'm doing pretty well with the little 'rules' I know so I am happy about that. My writing is going very well so that makes me quite happy.[/align]
[align=center]Now if only I could get the pronounciation bang on :pJeff thinks it's strange that I have an english accent rather than a french accent since french is my mother tongue. Lol. Ah well :expressionlessI'm a bit less stressed when it comes to it now. I guess I have to accept that it may take some time for me to grow into the perfect pronounciation. I'll just have to swallow that misplaced pride once again :wink[/align]
[align=center]Dealing with the social anxiety has been pretty rough. I do not want to go back on medication so I am just errr keeping on? (I know there isa better way to say that lol) Finding myself back in a school environment has been rough to say the least. Everytime I walk into a school environment, memories come flooding back and I feel a good pang in my heart and maybe a bit of resentment. However, the could-have-been's might not be better than the now. I am very happy here with Jeff. I think it's a life lesson I still need to remind myself of sometimes. [/align]
[align=center]I'm working hard at not allowing my stress to comeout as aggression. I think that is the most important thing I need to work on right now. I used to handle stress differently and I hope to go back to that. It's a lot of personal work and having to take a sincere look at myself but I intend to be the person I want to be.[/align]
[align=center]Hopefully this will be a very good 'growing' experience for me. :)For now, I'm off because I don't want to be late for school :p[/align]

Now if only I could get the pronounciation bang on :pJeff thinks it's strange that I have an english accent rather than a french accent since french is my mother tongue.
Hmm french accent+ dutch accent= english accent:? Interesting, I am glad things are going well.

Lol not sure how to explain it... It means my sounds are very english... Not english as in British really but like if I say 'what', my dutch'w' is wide like it would be when speaking english. For some reason, he expected my french to show more. :pDid that make sense? :?

[align=center]Giggles has misplaced her ears...[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01631.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01633.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]Hehehe. Isn't she adorable? I had meant to add those picturesa few days back but you can see them now :biggrin2:[/align]

[align=center]Giggles and her dewlap:[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01626.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand our last (but certainly not least) tater, Jelly Bean:[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01666.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01667.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01666.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01672.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]
DSC01669.jpg
[/align]

Haha yeah I love doing close ups of their heads like that :pI've always loved the Hana Deka artwork as well. I wonder if it's the same artist? :?Hehe glad you liked the pictures :biggrin2:

Well, I don't know about that but they seem pretty similar or we can say the same :? How about your guinea pigs and bunnies ? Do they get along well ?

Bunny Parents:

Yeah they do look the same lol. As for the bunnies and guinea pigs... I haven't let them have any contact with each other to be honest. The bunnies are housed outside due to the severity of my allergies and unfortunately I do not bring them in too often. I'm quite sure they would get along just fine though... Well, ok, with the exception of Maybelle having them as appetizers... LOL. In the past, before I knew different, I had a bunny and guinea pig housed together and they were the best of friends. :)

WabbitDad:

Thank you :biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back