•·.·´¯`·.·•The Tater Tots Family•·.·´¯`·.·•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't know what to say, except I saw you've been down lately and really wish I could help you, Nela. I really do. RO means a lot to me and you're one of many people here who are so nice to me. :( I hate seeing people sad...
Anyway, cheer up !!! You will get through everything !!! :) :hug2: The biggest hug ever !!!!
Vircia.

Too drained and wheezy right now but just want to say a big thank you to Ali and Vircia. No worries Ali. Thank you for caring.

Giggles is definitely looking pregnant. She has a pretty rounded tummy now and her nipples seem more present. She wants her mommy which is really sweet considering she's so terrified in general. She basically just sleeps in my arms. She hates the box I put in. Negotiating with an angry pregnant bunny is no easy thing...

Have to go now. I need my inhalers badly lol.

Hey if I could take a switch to anyone making you feel bad I would.

How sweet ! Well, I still have no experiences myself but pregnant women have mood swing and very sentimental.;)
Take care. :flowerskiss:

I just went out to check on Giggles. My baby girl nestled into my arms and closed her eyes as I gently stroked her and spoke to her.

Suddenly, every negative thought and feeling I had at any point flew out the window.

I felt the babies move...

:heartbeat:

Feeling the babies move would be incredible :inlove::hearts

I'm glad you're feeling better and the negative feelinds are moving along. Everything will work out, you'll see :hugsquish:

Since we had left over supplies from making the guinea pig base and the tools for it, Jeff made Giggles a proper nestbox. Giggles had made her nest in the open area and I am really concerned about babies getting away and freezing to death.

The babies are really active right now so I am wondering if that means she will go into labour soon. I'm really hoping she will have them tonight or tomorrow so that I can see how everyone is doing before we have to leave on Wednesday.

I'll probably get whatever equipment we should have on hand for emergencies just in case. Here are a few pictures...

[align=center]Giggles' new nestbox:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01691.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01692.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]I brought this blanket with me from Montreal. I had been saving it for something special and I figure this is a good time to bring it out. I have another pink fleece blanket with an adorable bunny that I used to cover the nestbox.[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01694.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Giggles' nest that she made against the door and in the open area of the hutch after I put in a box over her other nest:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01698.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Giggles' seems to have accepted this box, making all of us happy:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01697.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01696.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]

Excellent job you guys did ! :thumbup and that blanket looks really nice. :) My heart felt so warm when I rad what you wrote that you've been saving it for special occasion. :) Awww that's so sweet. It must be a good feeling to feel those little babies moving. Pls tell your Giggles that auntie Vircia and Kimiko say hi and we'll pray for her and her babies.:big kiss:

I hadn't read your blog for a few days, took me a while to get caught up.

I am sorry that your having health issues because of the bunny's. I know you will do what is best for you and your bunny's.

It's great the guinea pigs are working out so well. They are so cute.

Jeff is a pretty smart man, ordering items that have already been approved. I do the same thing at Christmas, Karen pretty much picks out her presents, I just go back and pick them up.

I am impressed with his carpentry skills, the man has talent.

Also, I am with Ali, theres no need for that kind of behavior on the forum.

Aw I will keep Giggles in my thoughts. I have to say her babies will probably be precious though, she is such a pretty bun, and the daddy is absolutely adorable!I can't wait to see pics!

Dave:

Thank you. Lol you made me giggle. Jeff thought it was funny too. I guess the part about pre-approved is true. :pThanks for the compliment on his woodwork. It's come in quite handy with the pets. We got this figure saw (?) and that has been really nice to work with.

Aquamoonbeam:

Yeah, as long as Giggles is okay I can deal with this. It's especially disconcerting because Giggles is so much like my heart bunny Wiggles and I had a very bad experience with her. It's frustrating even more so because Jeff and I clearly did not want babies and we thought we had done things right for it not to happen.

But yes, now that it has happened, I can't quite help myself being a bit hopeful that all the bunnies involved will be okay. I really wonder what kind of colors they might be as well.

Yeh, Smores is adorable... :rollseyesI think I will need reminding. I just want to strangle him right now.LOL.

To everyone else I didn't reply to:

Thank you for your thoughts and messages. I'm sorry I didn't reply or just gave very short replies. It's been a very emotional few days andsome people made it so much worse so I just had to focus and clear my mind to make decisions for Giggles and any potential babies. I think we have made the right decisions at this time. Hopefully, we won't be proven wrong again. :expressionless

I'm very concerned about the babies getting chilled at this time. I wanted to bring her inside but then we figured with all of them inside, I would get terribly sick and we'd have to put them back out within days. This is probably even more dangerous than having them born outside where they can get used to the climate right away so she is still in the shed :(

Jeff did close up the windows though and made her a good box. I lined it with fleece, bedding, and a ton of hay. Hopefully, she will pull enough fur to cover them and keep them well warm. I do have some from Maybelle but I think maybe the scent will stress her?

At least if I had intentionally bred, I would have bred knowingly. I'd have known what to expect. I'd have known more about the doe's past and age and everything. I certainly wouldn't be off to France when she kindles. This is by no means fun. :expressionlessI hope everybun involved will be okay so that I can relax a little bit. I feel so drained.

Think she will have them today... She seems a bit more restless and they are moving a ton.

:pray:

Jeff set up a webcam in the hutch so we can watch and listen from the house without disturbing her for nothing. She seems quite restless now but she also started smacking the webcam :pIt's small and at the top but she knew it was there. Lol.

Probably going to be a long time but this webcam really helps. I think it'd be amazing to watch her give birth. At least then I can put the babies in the proper nestbox once she has them if necessary.

Not sure we can make it accessible but here is a picture:

gigglescam1.png

Doesn't show much I know :pHope to get better ones when the time comes :biggrin:

However,we now know just how noisy Maybelle is :p

Jeff *might* have found a way but you'd need to download the logitech software off their site and log in. :)We'regoing to test itamongst ourselves to see if it's worth it.

Latest posts

Back