•·.·´¯`·.·•The Tater Tots Family•·.·´¯`·.·•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep they were :biggrin2:There was a canal and lots of weeping willows and I just had to take pictures. That's pretty much how it looks everywhere though to be honest. I have a canal right in front of the house though it's not lined with trees the same way. There's a nicer one 2 minutes away where all the geese and ducksstay. :)

Glad you liked the pictures :)

Awww don't be sad, fall and winter are wonderful seasons as well! I wonder if we will get snow here again... Glad you like the pictures!

Thanks guys for checking out the blog :biggrin2:Sometimes, I think maybe I should just delete it but then I see your comments and I get allhappy just because someone can enjoy the pics :)

Nela wrote:
Awww don't be sad, fall and winter are wonderful seasons as well! I wonder if we will get snow here again... Glad you like the pictures!

Thanks guys for checking out the blog :biggrin2:Sometimes, I think maybe I should just delete it but then I see your comments and I get allhappy just because someone can enjoy the pics :)
Don't ever go psycho and delete, lol. You know how it is, we all try when we can. I don't even know where mine is, and I updated it, so see?:p

Lol, I'm just so terrible at keeping it interesting :pAnd yeah, you have to update us more often yourself ;):p

Lol thanks everyone. I just wish I was a better writer. I'm not very good at expressing things right :p

Alright soooo what's new... Hmmm... *Thinks for a few*

Oh right. Last weekend was the family reunion. All of Jeff's family (maternal side only for this one) reunites once a year and spends a weekend at a lodge. It was my first time going and meeting most of the family. There were about 65 people and I had met about 20 so that still left a lot of people to meet! Lol. I was very nervous about it and it proved to be a bit much for me all at once. I don't do too well at social gatherings and this was... Well, intense.

Everyone kept asking me questions about speaking dutch and when I will learn it and then they'd spend the rest of the time giving suggestions on how to learn it etc. To make matters worse, people kept asking me about work and if I was working, when I would, what I would do, etc. I just got here in May and with the house and all, there really hasn't been much time for much else. I have to do the 'Inburgering' which is dutch integration so I figured just give me a chance to start. *Sigh* I know they all meant nothing by it and were just looking for conversation but it was a little bit much.

They had fun activities though. We had a very long walk in the woods that was sort of a scavenger hunt as well. They had some people doing performances at the annual 'family talent show' andI must say they were quite entertaining. They also played games and we even got prizes. :biggrin2:Unfortunately, I missed most of the long awaited campfire as I had a migraine from the stress and turned in early.

It didn't help that his aunt tried to get me to dance in front of everyone and that made me panic. I do NOT dance. In fact, I am very uptight (?) in the sense that I do not do things in front of people, especially people I do not know well. I mean, I can sing, but I refuse to sing around people in general. Anyway, I came across as being a bit of a pooper. They were all very lovely people though! Lol.

I FINALLY had the long awaited meeting about the 'Inburgering' at the school. Of course, the stress of attending courses at a college on my own, toppled with the weekend's stress caused me to crack at the slightest 'bump'. It turns out that I didn't get the hours I wanted for the course and it's more often a week then previously thought. Because I didn't get the morning hours, Jeff will not be able to drive me there as planned and now I find myself having to walk to and back from school. It's a good 2-2.5km away so it's not too bad if my health stays as is. We're only 7 in the group so it is a bit smaller than hoped for as well. I hope to meet interesting people and maybe even make a friend or two. Oh, and I start on Monday. :expressionlessOf course, the coordinator kept going on and on about the exams and how I should think of which other course I want to do out of the 3 options: study, start your own company, or work integration. After this weekend, all I felt was my head swirling with a million questions that even I don't have the answers too. I ended up crying from all the stress and now I am totally humiliated for having cried in front of the coordinator. Nice first impression right? :rollseyes

I also noticed that Smores is looking sad. He's not as cheerful and bouncy as usual. I think he's depressed about being outside. He was probably an indoor bunny when he was born and seems to not have taken well to the transition. That just breaks my heart. I decided to take him in and spend more time with him. He perked up right away. I'm considering taking up rabbit hopping with him so that we can do things together outside and keep him stimulated and entertained. I think that might work... I want to put him with Giggles so badly but at the same time I am terrified of having him neutered. I love him terribly.

Today, I went out to do a massive hutch cleaning as Maybelle's hutch was absolutely filthy. I had no idea it was that bad. I knew I hadn't kept up with it the way I'd like but man oh man... She poops more than Smores and Giggles put together!!! :shock:I couldn't believe just how much she pooped. Anyway, it's all clean now and scrubbed down. She was a bit dirty and with all the flies in the shed I wanted to bathe her and get a good look at her to be sure she doesn't have anything on her. I expected to feel like i was trying to bathe a crocodile but she was surprisingly good. She was really annoyed at her paws being wet though. Lol. I refuse to let the hutch get that dirty again. I don't care how sick it makes me, it will be done. If I cannot, then I will make sure to find someone who can. Bleh. It was eye-opening.

On another note, Giggles is adorable. Her hutch is very neat and tidy. I only put litter (a cotton litter)in the litter corner and nowhere else in the hutch. Giggles absolutely refuses to use it and dumps it out and spreads it neatly around the hutch floor. She combines it with hay and then pats it done. She has effectively 'carpeted' her hutch. It's quite funny really.Ah well, whatever makes her happy... Lol.

Right now Maybelle is in the playpen drying off. She's telling me to post the pictures and get back to my housework so I think I will do just that... lol ;)

[align=center]'Fun' In The Tub[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01558.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01563.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01567.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01571.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01575.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01574.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01576.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01577.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01579.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01581.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01582.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01583.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01580.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC01568.jpg
[/align]

The last photo is so cute :) It's like your Maybelle says
"Oops, mummy! I'm naked here ! I'll get dressed then you can shoot !" :happybunny:

Such pretty bunnies and glad to see you back. I wanted to add that I also kept snails as a kid--we did snail races in 4th grade and my snail later had babies. I set them free outside (in a park) because there were literally hundreds overnight! They were totally transparent, shell, skin and all, probably too young to release, but to be honest, so few of my classmates' snails lived a few weeks after being taken home at the end of the project that I was ahead of the curve for sure.

I love this picture! I think its the I am not happy about being wet look she has.

DSC01575.jpg

Is this dutch intergration a requirement for citizenship?Will you learn dutch in the class?

Bunny Parents:

Lol!Maybelle certainly is a diva :pShe HAS to have her way. I think that's why I was so surprised about her not having drowned me. Lol.

TonysHuman:

Thanks, it's nice to be back :biggrin:Really? You had snails too? Did you win most of your races? Hehe yeah you can literally end up with hundreds overnight :shock:I won't bring them inside for the winter since they are so tiny... Last thing I want is snails all over the house lol. We'll be releasing them all. I'm trying to think of what I can do with the habitat. I almost brought home a frog last weekend. Tiny frog. Hehe.

WabbitDad:

Lol Maybelle hated her paws being wet. She kept flicking them at me whenever I was close to take a picture. Hehehe. She didn't react when I would flick water on her side but her paws though... Lol.

Yes, the dutch integration is for citizenship. I have a temporary residence permit and so they put me in this program right away in order to help me with finding my way around. It's actually really nice because they teach you everything from how to deal with banks to finding a doctor to getting important documents. Also with that, they teach the language, the history, and about the way of life here. I have 3.5 years to complete it and then I must pass the exams to apply for citizenship. The course itself is supposed to take around a year to complete. :)

[align=center]Smores and Giggles Outsmart The Humans[/align]
[align=center]Soooooooooo...[/align]
[align=center]This weekend, I thought it might be nice to take both Smores and Giggles out since it had been a while since they've seen each other. We already had he playpen out and just added two extra panels in the middle to split it into two like we usually do.[/align]
[align=center]Anyway, it turns out that one of the panels I put in had a gate. Of course, neither had ever played with it so I brushed it off and put each ofthem in their own section. As usual, they simply ran to each other and began a rather passionate grooming session. After the grooming session, they moved on to the 'look what I can do' session and started running and binkying for each other happily. It's always like that with those two and it's really adorable to watch.[/align]
[align=center]Jeff and I were both sitting on the couch watching TV/playing on the laptop when Jeff suddenly leapt to his feet and hurried overto the playpen. The gatehad openedbut bothof them were on their own side playing with their toys. We figured it probably wasn't closed right when we placed it...Now it was closed for sure.[/align]
[align=center]I remember laughing at the dolphin on tv when Jeff once again ran to the playpen. This time, he turned to look at me to tell me that the buns had gotten together when Giggles quicklysneaked back to her side and sat there like she had never been anywhere near Smores and Smores pretended to be distracted with a piece of paper. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! :shock:Of course, it wasn't funny but their attitude was hilarious. It seems thatopen gateincident was no fluke after all... :confused2:[/align]
[align=center]Jeff stood by the playpen and watched to make sure Smores wouldn't go for the gate again. He waited and waited but Smores was more interested in playing with his tube - or so it seemed. Jeff backed up slowly - nothing. He backed up a little more and still nothing.We shrugged it off and Jeff came back to the couch. The second, and I mean the very second, that Jeff had his head turned, Smores(with the ease of a gate-opening master bunny)opened the gate and hopped on over! [/align]
[align=center]SMORES![/align]
[align=center]Gah :expressionless[/align]
[align=center]Once back on his own side, Jeff chained the gate to prevent any further 'escapades'. Smores furiously gnawed and bowed at it. Giggles helplessly looked on. She watched as Smores fought with the chain but it was useless. She then tried helping Smores from her side but luckily Jeff had bunny-proofed the gate.[/align]
[align=center]I wonder when they will figure out that it's not too high to jump over... [/align]
[align=center]:rollseyes[/align]
[align=center]So...[/align]
[align=center]Yes, we were right beside them this whole time. Yes, we had put a divider to keep them split up.[/align]
[align=center]But yes, we were fooled into forgetting that bunnies won't take 'no' for an answer.[/align]
[align=center]Luckily, we were sitting right beside them so Idon't think they were together very long at all.[/align]
[align=center]I sure hope not! [/align]
[align=center]:expressionless[/align]
[align=center]I think it's time to take Smores in for his snip...[/align]

Hey!

I just read your blog for the first time! All your pets are adorable!

I wanted to say, that it's so cool that you have snails!! I actually kept pet snails for probably around 10 years when I was younger. When I was in middle school we had snails as a class pet and I got to take them home at the end of the year. Well long story short, I had my snails and their decedents for a very long time.

I wish I still had some now. I've always kind of missed having them. I try looking for some occasionally when I go visit my parents, but unfortunately never found any. We live in an apartment with no yard so I don't get and changes to come across them while gardening.

Great story, got a good chuckle out of it, been there.

I know how bunny's can be. I had some that no matter what I did, managed to get out of their cage. Frustrating to be out smarted by a bunny! I could swear I've had some that must have had hidden opposable thumbs to open their cages.

BunnyParents:

Lol yes they are very tricky.It had been a bit since I have experienced that aspect of owning rabbits and I guess I forgot how naughty they could be. Lol.

Dragonrain:

I'm glad you checked out the blog and enjoyed it. :)Hehe about the snails. I didn't realize so many people enjoyed them. Can you not find any near water? I guess it can be hard. I could only find some by the river in Montreal. Here, they are everywhere.

WabbitDad:

Lol I believe you about the opposable thumbs. It's hilarious how determined they can be. They are just such cheeky creatures. I think 'cheeky' describes them pretty well... Lol.

Jessica:

Oh okay that is good to know then. I will not waste time looking at your place then. ;)Lol.

We have a new tater that has joined the family. We now have a cute little white and gray guinea pig. I've always been very fond of them and I am very happy to have one again. He is living inside and I have not reacted to him at all. Jeff wants to build him something special so I am looking forward to that. For now, he is living in the large playpen and I have made tunnels and 'buildings' out of cardboard boxes. At this time, he is alone but I do know that they are much happier with a friend so I will look into that later on when things are properly set up.

I adore the bunnies but I think it is time that I start accepting that I will never be able to have bunnies the wayI want. The allergies are simply too severe. No worries, no one is being rehomed or anything like that. I just do not think I will add any bunnies in the future nor 'replace' any when the time comes.

I know guinea pigs are quite allergenic as well but I am hoping that I will tolerate them better. Of course, I will only know with a prolonged exposure so I am taking my time with it and taking the extra precautions.

He's not named yet but I hope to name him soon :biggrin:

Congrats on the new addition!!

I've never owned a guinea pigs, but I have a friend who loves them. You'll have to post pictures and let us know what you name him.

I know what you mean about the bunnies. I kind of feel the same way. I always thought I wanted a lot of bunnies, but now for various reasons (allergies being one of them), I doubt I'd ever own any more than I have now. I don't think I'd want to ever not have a least one or two though!

I never realized that so many people enjoyed snails either! That's the weird thing, my parents have a little pond on their property but I never found any snails the times I looked for them. Maybe someday I'll come across some again.

Latest posts

Back