•°o.O The Tater Tots Family 2011 O.o°•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know when my Aunt lived in the States she craved Taytos, Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate, tea and milk! She hated the milk there. She lost loads of weight and came back like a pin because she didn't like the sweets over there :)

Grace:

Hehehe yeah that's one good thing about it. Although, I must admit I've found plenty more to eat :expressionlessWorking hard on that now that I seem to be off cortisone for a while. Hopefully, all this will pay off in the end. You know, I am really picky about my milk products and didn't like the milk in Greece too much but I love it here! I'm so happy about that. Plus, it's really cheap! In Montreal,was really expensive. :expressionlessBut tea? It's not the same everywhere? Interesting! She must have found it pretty tough at times.

Ali:

I can try doing that but I usually only really think of it when faced with a craving. Hehehe. I wonder what we'd find. Oh! You know what I miss?! Kraft Singles!!! No grilled cheese will ever be as good... :(Now that is a big problem for me... Lol.

Ya you'd think tea would be same everywhere lol!
The only other country I have had milk in was Portugal, it was awful I was dying for a nice cup of tea with proper milk when I got back :)

You're toosweet Ali :big kiss:

Lol Grace, I'm glad I'm not the only one who would have thought the tea was the same. Yeah milk can really vary :expressionlessI bet you really enjoyed that cup of tea! Hehehe.

On another note, I often wonder why the chickens in Montreal were plucked better. I often find feathers on my chicken here... :confused2:

Today has been another lovely and quiet day. I spent the day up in the attic again. I just love the privacy. Not like anyone is here to bother me but anyway... :pI am proud to say that I did another round of cycling. :)Sure, I am going about it all wrong as usual but at least I am sticking to it :pLol. I am going to make up a proper plan and get it done right so I do not make things worse for my health. I got a tad excited and kind of jumped the gun so I need to slow things down and go about it gradually. :)It'll give my body more time to adapt because my heart really is throwing a tantrum now. Hehehe.

I'm in such a happy mood today. People have made me feel so loved, many of you here on RO especially and I want to thank all of you for that. I really mean it. :hearts

I also thanked my friend for her care package and chatted a bit. They located her cousins safe and sound in the Christchurch area so that was good news. My friend insisted that I try a Tim Tam slam and because she was so nice, I could only oblige. If you don't know what a tim tam slam is, look here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MQZX1nLOJ4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MQZX1nLOJ4[/ame]

Now...I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to food being so awesomely yummy that you will keep coming back for more. Don't get me wrong, I love yummy things but normally people go nuts over things that don't really impress me too much. I was especially skeptical because I was like "Whoa that is a lot of chocolate" and I'm not much of a chocolate person really - especially not milk chocolate. Anyway, it WAS really superly ooey gooey yummy! :shock:Oh heavens was it ever good... Oreos just won't give me that satisfaction ever again... Lol. Luckily, she sent me quite a few so if I am careful it will last me a bit. Hehehe. :biggrin2:

I forgot to tell you this funny bit...

One morning, days ago, Jeff left for work as usual. As we always do, I sat at the window and waited to wave him goodbye but he rushed back to me and handed me this lollipop. I thought it was adorable of him. I didn't eat the lolly right away but waited until the weekend or something when I decided to have it.

Now, this lollie had me intrigued from the very start. It was a white lolly. It sorta looked like a white chupa chup that might have been left of the shelf for a while because it was powdery. I took a very tentative first lick and right away I was hit with a strong bitter taste. Hmmm what kind of lolly was this? :expressionlessFeeling brave, I took a few more licks and realized that once the powder was licked off, it was rather sweet. It really had no identifiable taste from what I could tell. I twirled it a bit and licked it some more. Now see, the thing with chupa chups is that they have this thing in the centre right? Well this lollypop did too. Only it really was not a sweet, yummy chupa chup. No no, this lollipop was SALTY and DISGUSTING! I spat that lollipop outso fast, you wouldn't believe it. :shock:I don't know what in the world I had done to deserve it but my boyfriend had just tried to kill me with a lollipop. :expressionlessThey always warn you not to accept lollies from strangers... Well, today, I am warning you not to accept suspicious-looking lollies from the man that supposedly loves you either! :shock::pHe did think it was quite funny. I just glared at him.

Ah ah he has just informed me that is was a "Salmiak Knots"Lollie. It looks like this:

http://www.annekeszoetwaren.nl/winkel/index.php?item=salmiak-knots--per-stuk&action=article&aid=138&lang=NL

The centre is ammonium chloride... Um. Sure. I'll be staying very far from these in the future. :expressionlessThese lollies are even worse than the salty, black licorice, smartie-looking candies. The dutch have very very odd candy I tell you!!!

Anyway, onto more pleasant things...

[align=center]My narcissusies :pare blooming plenty (And Lisa, see you asked about settings and I forgot to put it back to auto so my picture is too dark lol):[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03366.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Stuffies (only got about half here as the others are still in a box)...[/align]
[align=center]The wombat:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03364.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03365.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]Others:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03371.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03372.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03373.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03374.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]One my father gave me when I was 16 so it's a bit special to me:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03375.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03378.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]A favorite of mine that stays close to me. He currently sits on my night table, wrapped around my lamp:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03379.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03380.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]My special gift from my best friend and a co-worker at the time. I got this one for my 19th (no, it's not a typo lol)birthday... It's a water baby so when you put water in it it feels more like a baby - or so they say. It's fun though. It came with a Thumper toy. I am a bigThumper fan :biggrin:[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03376.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]A very special gift from Jeff that happened to arrive on a very crappy day... A Disney collectible. I just fell in love with this. Jeff had it engraved. It says "For my rainbowgirl" as that is what he had nicknamed me when we met for still being bright and cheery despite everything that was going on at the time. [/align]
[align=center]
DSC03381.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03383.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03382.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]They are little things, but little things that make me very happy. These were the thingsI chose to keep from my life in Montreal so they all have a particular memory attached to them. I just thought I would share... [/align]

:) How cute ! That wombat is super cute :) hehehe. I love your flowers :) We gave the same type to Norbi's mother on X' Mas. I swear when we bought them, they were perfectly fine, but when we gave them to her, they barely lived :( Okay okay, I admit, I'm not good at planting.. Hehehe .

How's my Maybelle doing ? :) Sending some noserubs for your buns. :)

Thanks for the camera info. I'm going to get a camera of my own so I don't have to rely on hubby to post my pictures :)

I love stuffies too! I'm going to have to put up a picture. At the moment I have our rabbit cage filled with stuffed animals! I figured if we had to store it, might as well be made cute :p

Myia:

Hehehe they are cute eh? I just love these kinds of things. The globe is really special to me. I was sooo scared of it breaking in the move! Luckily, all went well :biggrin2:My best friend made sure that anything I loved wouldn't be lost by double and triple packing it :)

Vircia:

Awww I'm sorry the flowers didn't survive. I kill most of my flowers myself. :expressionlessIs she good with plants and flowers usually?

Maybelle is doing great. She's really changing but she still has that rabbitude just tomake sure we know it's really her. ;)I am going nuts wanting to have the yard setup for her. I really cannot wait! Oh let it be spring so we can build our girl her own special place! :biggrin:She's taken an interest in Rolo and I am hoping to have her spayed and then maybe attempt bonding them. That would be great... I'll go give the buns their noserubs in a few ;)

Brandy:

Hehehe, you're welcome. I think it's nice to have our own cameras. Jeff and I kind of compete when trying to get certain shots and it's quite fun. I didn't get enough pictures of my bunnies in the past andI really regret that so I try to get as much as I can now. :)Hehehe your cage filled with stuffies sounds cute :biggrin2:

Grace:

Awww! I love beanie babies. I love most of their stuffies really. I do have a particular love of their Classics teddy bearsthough. They remind me of the older bears and they just don't make those much anymore. I think that's why I love my brown bunny (the one around my lamp) so much.That's a LOT of beanies :biggrin:Think she'd notice if Ioffered a few a new home? :p

*Sigh*

I'm a tad bit frustrated right now to be honest. Early in the day, my father popped up on msn and I ended up snapping at him, making things between us a bit awkward again. :(

On February 11, I posted in the Let Your Hare Down section about my parents' cat to confirm what I thought. My parents' cat is pretty matted. The mats are hard and close to the skin. My mother waited a while and then finally asked me about it so I advised herto take her to the vet's but I had doubts as to whether or not she'd take her so I also advised on how to try to get the mats out if she could and stressed the importance of finding the cause. I mean, sure things happen sometimes but this cat's coat bothers me as it is extremely dull and dry. I also know she's on lousy grocery store food so it bugs me because I think that might be a cause and I'm concerned that she may have worse problems in the future. Anyway, it had ended on a good note, with my mother telling me they would take her in.

This morning my father comes online asking me the same darn thing about the mats. It's 2 weeks later! They did nothing! :shock:So I was pretty annoyed that they just sat about and did nothing about it, just watched the mats annoy the poor thing. I'm concerned that her skin might get irritated too... *Sigh* It was pretty frustrating to have spent so much time discussing it only to be ignored. Not only that, but he obviously wasn't listening or hadn't discussed with my mother because there I was repeating myself all over again.

The really aggravating part was that the whole time I was trying to advise him, he was making a mockery out of everything. I SO hate that. I have a sense of humor, so it's not that but I mean, SOMETIMES it's nice to actually treat something for what it is. My father is like that. Everything is always a joke to him. You could be heartbroken and bawling your eyes out because you've just lived the worst experience in your life and he will still go and make a mockery out of it. :pssd:I get it. He can't deal with emotions, blah blah blah. Well they have help for that. Sometimes, I really wish he'd act like a dad.

And I told him.

After years of keeping everything inside, I have begun saying what I think. Well, he didn't like it. He apologized. Then things got awkward. He got quiet. I was annoyed, and somehow, I end up being the bad guy as usual.

It drives me nuts. I so hate it. :expressionlessAnd I SO hate how they always make me the bad guy. I never know what I'm saying, I know nothing, I am always wrong. Gah!

It's hard because my relationship with my parents is already very strained. I try hard, especially with my father, to form some sort of bond but it seems like we just cannot ever get along.

It drains me.

So yeah.

The cat hasn't seen a vet. My father is still as immature as he's always been. And I've let things with my family put me in a mood - Again.

:expressionless

I am so sorry :hug: It's hard because we can't pick our family. There is a reason I live a large state away from mine. They can't understand my world and I refuse to live in their's.

If it is a matter of money, they can buy a set of clippers at the pet store and do it themselves. To put it in terms they might understand: Think of how when you pull your hair back into a tight pony tail. By the end of the day you have a horrible headache, right? Well, the poor cat has the fur pulling at the skin all the time. It's painful. After shaving the cat they need to keep it brushed to prevent matting again. I highly recommend switching to a better food as well so the fur and skin (not to mention internal organs) will be healthier.

All you can do is give them good advice. They have to make the decision to take good care of their animal(s).:hugsquish:

I often feel like non-animal lovers just simply cannot understand stuff like that. I think they are born without something to make them understand animals lol!

I often feel like non-animal lovers just simply cannot understand stuff like that. I think they are born without something to make them understand animals lol!

My in laws are the same way..in fact they are downright cruel to me. I am really sorry things happen that way though. It is tough. And we are all right, only animal-minded people understand. We are caring in that way. I hope your day gets better.

I hope their cat gets help as well.

Back