•°o.O The Tater Tots Family 2011 O.o°•

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to draw when I was in Primary school a lot, but stopped after that, so about 5 years since I have drawn anything bar Geography and Science diagrams :p
Maybe I should start again sometime, I found my sketch pad the other day, I wasn't half bad :p

I went to go see Rolo and let Maybelle out... Rolo has been trying to get out of his hutch to explore and Maybelle has been staying close when we deal with Rolo so we are quite careful. Anyway, I was trying to look in and reach him to check on his foot but he jumped over my arm and then out. Maybelle was far inthe yard this time but I couldn't get to him before he got out of the shed and she must have heard him.

Before I could scream, she was already in a full-blown attack. I have seen bunnies fight. She looked like she was out to kill. I have never seen that before in my life. I mean, she was way out of control. I felt more like I was dealing with an enraged pitbull than a rabbit. She just went mad. She jumped pounced and actually headbutted him hard enough that he fell on his side and she KICKED him real hard. I got in to split them up and she turned on me so before I knew it I was having to fight her off me. Rolo got to hide in a corner but he tried to dash for the shed and she went back to attack him and found himself cornered.

I was screaming but she wouldn't stop at all. I grabbed Rolo whichever way I could and literally threw him onto the earth nearby while I tried to grab Maybelle but she got away. Rolo and I ended up cornered again and I ended up between Rolo and her and she attacked mewhile trying to get to Roloand went for my leg and I ended up kicking her off out of reflex :(Luckily it wasn't a very hard kick but enough to send her back enough for me to grab Rolo and run. I basically grabbed him and threw him in the hutch and then ran for it myself because Maybelle was still going for me, even more now that I had kicked her.

She's out there barking mad right now and attacking inanimate objects. Is it even normal? I have no idea if Rolo is alright or not. I am quite sure that Maybelle is alright physically though I feel absolutely horrified at having kicked her.I am alright but pretty shaken up. It's terrible because Rolo is still young and I feel so bad at having thrown the poor thing around. I don't even know if I managed to pick him up properly or not, it all went so fast. I'm giving them a few minutes to cool off right now before I go check them over.I so hope they are alright.

I just want to say... I am absolutely not looking into rehoming either bun though maybe some would suggest it for safety reasons.I've always known that Maybelle is a 'bit' of a tough cookieand I respect that. I don't know why she felt the need to attack so quickly but alright. We'll need to take extra precautions with Rolo and I think it's pretty obvious that I will not attempt to bond her at all in the future, spayed or not. I will look into ways of working with her and will really push to have her spayed soon in the hopes that she will be less aggressive... No wonder the cats don't bug her. :expressionless

I so hope neither of them will resent me now for the way they were handled :(

I don't ever want to experience that again :cry1:

I've taken Rolo in cause he was breathing a bit too fast and Maybelle was making him nervous by hanging around his hutch. He's inside now and I gave him a cardboard box to hide in and play. He seems to be pretending that the box is Maybelle. He's crying quite a bit when I go to touch him but settles and enjoys it. I haven't seen anything really noticeable so I am just trying to get him to calm down right now and I'll check him again later.

Maybelle is meatloafed and refuses to budge. She's letting me pet her but she's not a happy camper right now. She didn't seem sorewhen I palpated though.

Sigh...

Poor little Rolo... & poor you for having to experience something like that.

Rolo might be in a small state of shock from the experience. Good thing you brought him in to keep an eye on him. I would say to keep him warm and quiet until he feels more like himself. Make sure he eats and drinks a little of course.

I agree, that Maybelle may be the next to see the doctor. Wow!! that is agression and then some!! I suppose... once the queen bee, always the queen bee. ;)

I hope you aren't too shaken. I think my hands shook for an hour after my first rabbit fight. I was horrible and there was no room to grab a bunny because they were turning each other over so quickly. Make my heart pound just thinking about it...

myheart

I have seen bunnies go after another like that. It is very scary. I can't recall which fight it was but I picked one of the bunnies up and tossed them on to the bed.

It happened to me between two males, didn't think it would happen between a male and female like that, usually they can stand eachother better. I guess she is a very dominant bun and since she has free range of the garden he was in her territory. Glad no one was hurt. Last time it happened to me both Twitches and Henry ended up with busted noses. Twitches still has a slightly funny looking nose.

Re drawings posts:

Ali:

Thanks. Scrapbooking is awesome. It combines so many elements... :)Lol at making you want to scrapbook.

Chocolatebunny:

Thank you. Hehehe. I do that a lot. Give up. But I start again eventually. :p

Grace:

Hehehe I bet you make nice graphs. :pBah I am sure you could enjoy doodling here and there. Maybe when the weather is nice, sit under a tree... ;)

Provoked...

I've checked both bunnies over and they look alright. Rolo has a few sore spots but I haven't noticed anything major. Maybelle wanted absolutely nothing to do with us yesterday though. :(She didn't love dance. Didn't come to us. Didn't even look at us. She is angry. Very angry. I feel horrible.

We put Rolo back in the hutch, this time giving him the top half so he can be away from Maybelle. However, I find some white hair in the bottom half. I think I know what happened now. With the mesh being torn apart, I think lil Rolo bit Maybelle from inside the hutch. That would explain why she was so aggressive from the moment she saw him yesterdaybecause she hadn't been aggressive towards him in the past. If Rolo really did bite her first, then I would certainly expect Maybelle to react so badly. In the past, she reacted reeeeally badly about Smores mounting her.She was just a wee one then too...:expressionless

Someone yesterday asked me why in the world I would keep such an aggressive bunny... Well, first of all, she's my little girl. I love her and I don't see it beingright tosimply 'just get rid of her'. She was alsoin her territory and it seems that Rolo bit her first after all. On top of that, I should have closed the shed door while she was out so that if he had escaped, neither would have gotten to each other.

Rabbits sure can be awful violent. :expressionlessI had seen fighting before but nowhere near this caliber. :expressionlessIt seems like a gorgeous day today so I think I will go try to make amends with Maybelle in a bit. I also have to show her I am not afraid of her or she will think she can boss me around again :p

Janet:

Thank you. It was pretty terrifying to say the least. I was worried about shock myself but luckily he is alright. Once I gave him the boxes, he got to being a bit more destructive and then settled down. Haha Maybelle is definitely the queen around here. :pI'm alright now. I'm just glad theyare okay. I thought for sure we'd end up with serious injuries. I still feel horrible about throwing Rolo around and kicking Maybelle though. I think it'll take a bit of work for them to trust me again. I had just made so much progress with May too :(So bad...

Ali:

Thanks. I can see why tossing them seems like the thing to do butI guess we still feel bad for it right?The only thing on my mind was getting Rolo away from Maybelleso that I couldget between them and try to catch one or the other... So terribly frightening. I really never went through a rabbit fight that was nearly that bad before. :expressionlessI'm still amazed that there aren't any serious injuries. I'm also quite surprised at having all my fingers and toes... :expressionless

Grace:

Thanks Grace. I've never seen it as violent as that. I've seen a few rabbit fights but this... Woah. Maybelle's always been quite high-strung though so I guess it's just typical with her personality. Really scary. I don't ever want to go through that again. Heck, I was scared of her myself! Lol :expressionlessI'm really relieved that they are ok. Poor Twtches. Battle scars - I could do without them. Lol.

Goodness, miss a couple days in your life and there's lots of drama :)

Re camera, it's a Kodak Easy SHare M550. I took pictures last night and got started on photobucket. I'm going to try posting to my blog today and upload more pictures.

Re drawing, I love to draw too but don't do it enough. Last Christmas Joshua got me one of the tilted drawing desks so I really should use it more. Somehow the animals take up all my time in the evenings though :)

Re crazy fight, Thank goodness you are ok! The one bunny fight I had ended up in me bleeding. You never expect to see your babies in such a rage. You are right, Maybelle will just be an only bun in her yard. It's wonderful that they are both ok. Don't feel bad, you did what you had to do to get them both safe. These things happen. :hug:

Oh my word!

I've never seen buns fight, I only have ever had Ollie.

I imagine when I get my new boy in April, it will be a risk but will have to just be extra careful.

Ollie had the fright of his life from my 10 year old dog Sally... she spooked him and he was so scared he was literally climbing walls. I didn't know he could do that.

Now he's in a room, in the dark in his cage. Hopefully a bit happier

Brandy:

Lol. Sorry :pIt's always like that. I replied about the camera/photobucket in your blog ;)You could always draw the animals while you are sitting with them ;)As for myself, yeah I am alright. I'm pretty sad about it all though. Maybelle wants nothing to do with me now. It's pretty heartbreaking. She's sulking a lot and giving me attitude. Like Jeff says, "Back to square one with her." :(

Lyndor:

Heh bunnies can be cute and cuddly one minute and then turn into downright lil terrors the next if they feel a need to fight. :expressionlessQuite nasty. With two males, especially if they aren't neutered, you need to be really careful. Most rabbit fight are mostly'small' squirmishes (hair-pulling, small bites, scratches)rather than full-blown fights like that but can still be really scary. I wonder if Maybelle has a bad experience that might have led her to be like this. Who knows.

Poor Ollie. Bunnies can really really act out of fright. I had one that would run right smack into walls. :expressionlessHow is he now? Did he settle alright?

Ali:

You are very right about that. :)

Dave:

Thank you. It means a lot that people enjoy it. :)

I've spent a bad couple of days. Spent most of yesterday crying. Better today but still very frustrated. I'll explain more soon. :)

On a positive note, I have made amends with Maybelle. She's back to binkying and running around. I am very very relieved. :)Rolo is doing alright. I've given him his nestbox back for some extra comfort and he's been very happy with that. Baloo is as whiny as ever but still a doll. Houdina is my sweetie as always. Jelly Bean and Twizzler have been fighting because Twizzler is so bossy. I have given them a time out so we will see over the next few days what will come of things.

I had a massive craving for grilled cheese and nearly cried because I have never seen kraft singles here but we ended up finding the same kind of cheese from a different brand by accident. I was thrilled and we had them for lunch. I needed that comfort food I guess. I also found rice krispies so I will make rie krispie squares in the near future.

I got some pictures of Maybelle yesterday:

[align=center]
DSC03410.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03413.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03414.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03415.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03416.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03423.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03424.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03425.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]

[align=center]
DSC03433.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03436.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03438.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03439.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03440.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03443.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03445.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03446.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]annnnnnnnnd[/align]
[align=center]
DSC03418.jpg
[/align]
[align=center]She'll kill me for having shared that one...[/align]

Maybelle is such a glamor girl, she should be a model. :)

So glad the two of you made up! There's nothing worse than having a fur baby mad at you.

Wonderful finding the right kind of cheese! I couldn't figure out how to send them. I am putting your box together today so it can go out on Monday. I couldn't find any post cards, but will be able to get some at the end of the month when we go to Ohio. I think the turn pike is the only place that ever has any.

Good luck with your frustrations :hug:

i've read through your entire blog and find it very entertaining! Thanks for sharing little bits of your life and pictures of your wonderful animals. I love reading about Houdina's "adventures"! And Maybelle is so beautiful!

Brandy:

Thank you. Hehehe she could model, if she wanted. The minute I whip out the camera, she whips out the rabbitude. :p I'm happy she is tolerating me again. Lol. Finding the cheese... Such a banality but man I really wanted a grilled cheese.I was so thrilled about it. Sounds silly huh? :embarrassed:I'm quite hyper about the box too :p Hehehe.
May I ask why you are breaking your head with post cards? :? Thank you for being so sweet. :rose:

Siobhan:

Welcome to RO! I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our blog. :biggrin: Thank you for your comments. :)

Dave:

Thank you. She certainly knows how to use them :wink

I had a nice day with Jeff today. I needed a nice quiet and enjoyable day and that's exactly what we had. We set off at about 12:30 and headed for a petting zoo nearby. It was gorgeous and I just loved walking around and playing with the animals. We fell in love with some goats there and we laughed and talked about how we'd have some if we could. Maybe some day? We got some nice pictures so here are some:

[align=center]
DSC03449.jpg

DSC03453.jpg

DSC03455.jpg

DSC03458.jpg

DSC03460.jpg

DSC03461.jpg

DSC03463.jpg

DSC03470.jpg

DSC03471.jpg

DSC03474.jpg

[/align]