Watson and Cricket

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys!
They've grown extra adventurous lately, I guess they're bored with their basket of toys, 2 tunnels and 4 beds that they have because they've begun climbing my stuff. The other day I was watering the plants outside my window and looked in to see the two of them on my bed. I knocked on the window but they just ignored me so I had to come inside and get them. A few days later I discovered some little holes in my comforter. That's precisely why they're not allowed on the bed (and they do have 4 of their own). They also love to jump onto my desk chair and then onto my desk and then on top of their cage and climb on the stuff up there (their bin of food, drawer of hay, pile of rugs, etc.) I'm always worried that I'll startle them and they'll fall (especially after hearing about one of my classmate's cats that "supermanned" off the top of her cat tree and broke her leg) but they're so busy exploring that they just ignore me anyway.

Don't you just love them exploring and then finding the little holes that let you know where they've been LOL. Twigs once jumped for the dinning room chair onto the table. But he didn't like how it's slipper and quickly jumped off.

One of our roommates moved out a little early, so we have a temporarily empty bedroom aka pet playroom. The buns don't like the slippery floor so they just climb on me if I take them in there. Sawyer the ferret loves exploring it though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxv0v39xM34[/ame]

I know I've been missing from the forum a lot lately. I'm spending my summer in Texas interning at the animal health center at the San Antonio Zoo and I only get to use the internet when my brother isn't using it
The buns are staying with my mom. She calls them her grandbunnies and spoils them to death.

Lucky you! I won't ask if you are enjoying it, how could anyone not enjoy it?! Glad the buns have a good temporary home with someone that cares.

You are so lucky but glad the bunnies are happy with grandma, bet they´re all loving it.

Good to see you´re enjoying yourself, bet it is so interesting.

Lots of cool things, but I'm restricted on what I'm allowed to share on the internet. I mostly help the keeper staff at the health center with making diets, cleaning, etc. for animals in quarantine coming into the collection or hospitalized animals. I also do a lot of paperwork typing up old records into their computer software. Occassionally I get to watch or help out with annual physical exams on various species or animals that come in with issues. Some of the best learning opportunities are actually watching necropsies since I get to see the anatomy of animals that we don't come across in our anatomy lab at school (e.g. reptiles).

I've been back at school for a little over a week now. It's been great to be back with the buns and I even got to go to Bunny Bunch (the rescue where I got Cricket) on my groups VACS (veterinary ambulatory community service) rotation. We monitored anesthesia while one of our vets did the surgeries. After I cam home, Watson and Cricket surrounded my laundry bin with poops and started digging at my scrub pants. I think they weren't fond of the smell of other bunnies in their bedroom (which I also happen to sleep in).

I got them a new toy recently, this SmartyKat KnockOut treat dispenser from Target. I had tried a treat ball for dogs, but the hole was too big and it was too easy for them. This one they have to work at a little longer.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bM8w--CECg[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you´re having such an interesting time and sounds like they don´t like having other bunny smells on mom.

I've missed seeing these two and was so happy to see the post. They are just so adorable together, looks like a good toy, must look for something like that for mine. These are two very happy bunnies :adorable:

Love the photos what great buns and good for you for giving her a new life, what great Ames. I play cricket most weekends so I will follow her progress with interest :dancingorig:

It is so good to see them so comfortable and happy together. They are a great little couple and team work comes with that. I just love them together, they´ve both been through quite a lot.

These two are just too sweet I never tire of looking at them:screwy::D:)

Sent from my GT-I8160P using Rabbit Forum mobile app

Latest posts

Back