The Nethie Boys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
juliew19673 wrote:
Curious, Does Ronnie not binky? Is he the "straight-man" in thiscomedic partnership? Loved the comment someone made stating "he looks like Winston Churchill" - Ronnie has that impression down to a "T".
Yeah, the Winston Churchill comment was really funny! Ronnie is the master of disapproval.

Ronnie will binky towards me on occasion when I enter the room. I think I've seen him binky a total of 5 times in 8 months, and some of those times was just the head twitch half binky.

Ronnie is a much calmer bunny than Billy. Not much scares him and he likes to lounge around. However, he's also not as fond of people as Billy (maybe due to the fact that Ronnie was used as a breeder bunny and not socialized?). I mean, he's really good with people but I don't think he necessarily "likes" them as much as Billy likes people if you know what I mean. Ronnie will sit there and let you pet him and he'll groom you back but I think he would much rather have a bunny companion over a human.

Part of me wonders, if Ronnie had not been isolated in a cage for two years of his life...if he had been spoiled as a pet bunny from birth, would he binky more? I don't have an answer to this question because I don't have enough experience with bunnies to know. Maybe there's just some bunnies out there that don't binky a lot, and he's one of them.

I feel kinda bad, like I should get Ronnie a bunny girlfriend because he looks so lonely over there. But I think three bunnies would be a bit overwhelming, and we recently found out that rabbits are considered "exotics" and are not even allowed as pets in the apartment complex! It's a good thing they are hurting for renters or they might actually enforce that policy :)

Ronnie disapproves of being labeled as an "exotic" pet.

DSC05323.jpg

It's FUNNY!

Little Bay Poo wrote:
Bo B Bunny wrote:
Uhh... my kids, my parents, my sister, my nieces...... anyone I talk to online has seen Billy's and Ronnies videos..... ok..... wait...... not everyone has seen Ronnies "humpfest" one. LOL!
LOL, yeah when I showed my dad one of the Ronnie videos he shook his head at me and said "I can't believe you actually put the bunny humping a stuffed animal on the internet."

You should know that Ronnie is still on my computer's desktop and I go "awww" whenever I see the picture! I also loved the new unedited video of Billy's binkies :) Just something to note, but Cinnabun rarely binkied after he was a year and a half or two years old. I know he was still happy, I think it's just because he wasn't a super young bun anymore. So Ronnie might not be doing it as much because he's not a "kid" anymore and doesn't have as much excess energy. Don't think he's not happy just because he doesn't binky a lot :) As your bunnies grow older, you'll see that their personalities change. Cinnabun got more and more mellow, was more content to just lie next to me (whereas when he was younger, he would generally hop away if I stopped petting him), completely stopped being cage aggressive, and didn't binky as much. Even Billy will probably start binkying less eventually, so you'll be glad you took so much video!

Thanks Shiloh! It's good to know that they slow down as they get older and it's not that poor Ronnie is sad! :)

Oh man...do you think Billy will mellow out? I'd like to see that one! Maybe I can bond him and Ronnie if it ever happens ;)

About three weeks ago I sent in some Ronnie pics to the Disapproving Rabbits website. Well, today Ronnie can be seen on Disapproving Rabbits! I was a bit disapproving of their choice of photo since the one they picked had already snuck its way onto Cute Overload, and I kinda wanted them to put up a fresh one that not as many people had seen. Well, here's the one that ended up getting posted:

DSC03699.jpg

And let's go back in time to Ronnie's other disapproval, one of my favorites. This is the one I kinda wanted them to choose for Disapproving Rabbits (although I really do need to get some photography skills and stop chopping off the tops of Ronnie's ears :p)

DSC04328.jpg

A few disapprovals from tonight. I've tried to organize them by level of disapproval.

Level 1: Baseline, taken at an earlier date. Higher camera angle lessens the degree of disapproval to an almost nonexistent state.

DSC04979.jpg

Level 2: Surprised, perhaps a little scared. Ronnie's startled look takes away from the potential for disapproval.

DSC05800.jpg

Level 3: Ronnie's surprise has dissipated, leaving behind an inquisitive look. "Is there something I can help you with?" he asks.

DSC05839.jpg

Level 4: Question unanswered, Ronnie feels a slight annoyance at the continual staring. "I said...is there something I can help you with??"

DSC05834.jpg

Level 5: A look of disgust overcomes Ronnie. "Alright, this is starting to get on my nerves. What exactly is your problem!?!?"

DSC05822.jpg

Level 6: Ronnie makes himself more comfortable, as this exchange is taking longer than expected. He displays a prominent frown and a one-eared disapproval to let me know that I will not be getting his full attention.

DSC05845.jpg

Level 7: After revealing to Ronnie that I have been purposely inducing his disapprovals to document them, he is shocked and appalled.

DSC05796.jpg

Level 8: "You want disapproval, I'll give you disapproval!"

DSC05862.jpg

Level 9: Ronnie repositions his head to display further levels of disgust and disapproval.

DSC05856.jpg

Level 10: His brows, his eyes, his frown...Ronnie looks down at me for the ultimate disapproval.

DSC05870.jpg

My boyfriend and I have decided we need your bunnies. They are so cute and have such unique personalities!!!!! How much will you take for them?;)

OMG! That series of Ronnie pics is like a test for bunny lovers! How far can you last before feeling the need to run for a bag of Craisins with which to please your bunny master?

On the binky question, I think it's more a matter of their personality and it's not necessarily related to how he lived before. 4 year old Luna was a binky beast, and yet she was so weak she walked more than hopped when I first brought her home and was totally surprised at the concept of being able to go in and out of her cage on her own. Loki is also a binky master, he was adopted when he was 1. He was also very weak due to lack of exercise and literally did not know how to run at full speed until Mocha showed him! But he knew how to binky. They can do tiny mini versions of binkies in the smallest cages when they really want to.

I think Ronnie is too much of a stately, disapproving gentleman to do such nonsense as binkies.;)

Love Ronnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frickin hysterical disapproval string - my absolute favorite was :"Level 7: After revealing to Ronnie that I have been purposely inducing his disapprovals to document them, he is shocked and appalled." You should put a book together - I am sure it would sell..

Curious does Ronnie ever "smile" or can you post a "happy Ronnie" moment? Would love to see that.

i am laughing so hard I am crying that is soooo funny. Its something i have noticed from my nethies but never documented like that keep em coming :biggrin2:

Ronniiiiiiie! He is so adorable! I love his disapproving looks, and his smile is to die for! I may have to replace the current picture of him on my desktop with the smiling picture... More Ronnie, pleeeease!

i just want to let you know i LOVE ronnie and billy. i showed my brother and sister this blog and they were craking up. i also showed them the binky videos. they loved them.

just so you know, you might have a collegate following, as my sister will show her friends at msu, and it might become a cool thing. or maybe not.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Quit trying to make me love Ronnie's disapproval over Billy's hyper binkies!!! :X
LOL! Ronnie does have a way of looking super cute in pictures, but trust me...Billy is much cuter than Ronnie in person ;). It's something to do with Billy's personality, the way he moves around and the things he does.

And now for a Billy clip (no binkies) that you might enjoy. I have to explain it first though :). Like many rabbits, Billy has a tendency to bite on his cage door to let you know that he wants to come out. The breeder told me that this was bad for bunnies, and to try to stop Billy if I saw him doing it. So I used to grab some hay every time I saw Billy biting on the door, and slip it into his little mouth to distract him. The hay would stop him temporarily because he couldn't eat the hay and bite the door at the same time.

Well, it didn't take long before Billy began to associate "biting the cage" with "hay." As it stands now, when Billy wants to bite on the cage door, he thinks he needs to have a piece of hay in his mouth to do so. He will go find a piece of hay in his cage, carefully place it horizontally in his mouth, and proceed to bite the cage door while balancing the hay between his teeth.

Inevitably, the piece of hay will fall out of his mouth and into the drop pan underneath his cage, at which point he stops biting and tries to find another piece of hay nearby. If he finds another piece, he will repeat the process until the new hay falls out. If there is no hay within a 2 inch radius, he will go sulk in the back of his cage. (For some reason he won't travel the 6 inches to his hay box for a new piece).

So, without further ado...here is the clip of Billy. My apologies for the poor lighting! :)

Back