The Nethie Boys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little Bay Poo wrote:
Hahaha Bo, did you PM pamnock to answer this question for me? ;)
haha that was me. I knew no one else would know and after taking so much time to write up your post I didnt want to bother asking you to post in the rabbitry ;)

Im sure Pam was glad to get a peak at some cute blog photos. Those two are irresistible :)

Haley wrote:
Little Bay Poo wrote:
Hahaha Bo, did you PM pamnock to answer this question for me? ;)
haha that was me. I knew no one else would know and after taking so much time to write up your post I didnt want to bother asking you to post in the rabbitry ;)

Im sure Pam was glad to get a peak at some cute blog photos. Those two are irresistible :)

Oh, thanks Haley! I figured someone must have PMed Pam because I didn't think she'd be reading my bunny blog on her own :p. Made me feel special though that she responded to my question :). Looks like she nailed the answer, because I've been taking a close look at Billy today and all of his features are way too tiny to be a "Big Ugly Buck."

The Ballerina

Sometimes I think Billy had a past life as a ballet dancer. He does crazy binkies for me almost daily, as if performing a well practiced act on stage. As many of you know, Billy's stage is the bed.

Billy actually did a couple of big binkies for me on the floor today, and was so overzealous that he jumped sideways about a foot, crashing into the side of the mattress. He took a tumble and landed on the floor, then pranced over to me as if nothing had happened. Too bad I didn't get it on film. Such a silly little guy. :)

I've been testing out the multi-burst mode on my camera (which takes 16 pictures in one second) by trying to catch Billy mid-binky. As you can imagine, it's really hard to push the button at the exact moment when he decides to jump...I end up catching about one out of every 10 or so binkies on film.

This is the kind of filming that requires a really good camera to get clear, time-stopping pictures. I don't have that kind of camera. What I do end up with is a sequence of very small, mostly blurry pictures put together into a collage that I have to manually separate with photoshop. I usually get one clear one in a set of 16.

It would be really awesome to get crystal clear pictures of Billy doing binkies, but I'm fine with what I'm able to get from my camera. I'm very frugal, and definitely don't spend on electronics ;). Here are a few binkies that I was able to catch on film in the past few days. Enjoy! :biggrin2:

A tippy toe landing:

Binkyland1.jpg

Superman:

binkyland3.jpg

Hover craft:

Billybinky1.jpg

Levitating Act:

binkyland2.jpg

Oh gosh, those are hilarious! I like the levitating one the best. Pet_bunny needs to come visit you and bring his camera! He gets such awesome pictures of the very fast Pebbles and Bebe.

SnowyShiloh wrote:
Oh gosh, those are hilarious! I like the levitating one the best. Pet_bunny needs to come visit you and bring his camera! He gets such awesome pictures of the very fast Pebbles and Bebe.
Haha, yeah I'm jealous of his fancy camera! By the way he needs to post more Pebbles pictures, I want to see more mid-binkies and concentration filled bunny 500's :biggrin2:

My gosh..i just love your boys...they're so cute!

I love this picture..it made me giggle....look at his face!..how adorable

binkyland2.jpg

Cheryl

I can just imagine Billy bouncing along like that... Tallulah "watched" the Energizer Bunny video with me the other day (she was lying on my lap) and has started binkying, too!

OMG! Those picures are AMAZING! They made me laugh out loud!

The last one looks like his face is wobbling cos he's jumping so hard, lol! I love him so much!

I wish I could get pictures of ours binkying, but they do it with such little notice, by the time I've got the camera out, they're lying down again!:p

Maybe I could borrow Billy, just so I can take some pictures of him....??! ;)

That's the one that got a laugh from me! He is doing the straight up thing I love so much!

BTW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN HIS VIDEOS ON YOUTUBE... CHECK THEM OUT! he's HILARIOUS!

cheryl wrote:
My gosh..i just love your boys...they're so cute!

I love this picture..it made me giggle....look at his face!..how adorable

binkyland2.jpg

Cheryl

Thanks guys! I'm sure if Billy knew how much you all love him, he'd be doing crazy binkies right now! :)

LOL Bo, you are my personal video promoter :p

And mouse_chalk, good catch on the wobbly face thing. Billy binkies with such force that he does jiggle around, but it's virtually impossible to see because he's so quick! I only noticed after turning my camera's video setting up to high and putting all the binkies in slo-mo. It's a video I've been putting off editing for over 2 months, but I will get it done soon I promise! ;)

I LOVE his videos! he's hilarious!

You should send them into the Funniest Pets and People and the new Home Videos!

Nevermind, I found your link from earlier in the blog... I'm watching them all... They're HILARIOUS!!! I love 'Cute not cuddly' where Billy moves out the way every time you tryto pet him lol! :biggrin2:

I saw Ronnie's picture on cuteoverload.com today. :)

Your two boys really are incredibly adorable!!! And great photos, you really capture their personalities. Hehe, I love reading your blog.

Nadia

I love your pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and your bunnies)

They are brilliant pics lol you should have called him Tigger :p

Edit to add: about your question about Billy. he is the weight of a true dwarf he just isn't typey. It usually happens when 1 or both of the parents aren't good type nethies to begin with and so the babies take the less typey characteristics. That is why when breeding for show you want to pick the best buck and doe to put together to get the most typey babies (I hope that makes some sense to you) BUT usually they have the best personalities :D

SO yeah he is a true nethie just not fab type but gets a big gold star for the binkies :pI think he is gorgoeus anyways!

BTW i would happily invite Ronnie over for a stay i cried over his "disapproving" faces just fab!!:biggrin2:

polly wrote:
Edit to add: about your question about Billy. he is the weight of a true dwarf he just isn't typey. It usually happens when 1 or both of the parents aren't good type nethies to begin with and so the babies take the less typey characteristics. That is why when breeding for show you want to pick the best buck and doe to put together to get the most typey babies (I hope that makes some sense to you) BUT usually they have the best personalities :D
Yay, thanks polly! I was hoping you'd step in to answer this question since you know all about breeding Nethies :). It makes perfect sense, especially since the breeder seemed like the type of guy who would slap any two bunnies together to get babies.

From what I've noticed, Ronnie is much cuter in pictures because he's got the more typical Nethie look. Billy is much cuter in videos because he has a really funny personality. So I think I got the best of both worlds!:biggrin2:

Back