sick bunny.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I don't think shortly after his illness I'dbe willing to let anyone else touch him for neuter.....that and thefact that Homer came thru his SO easily.... ;) I'll still bescared when the time comes cuz of all we've gone thru...but I think docwill understand and call me the minute Corky wakes up.

I'm not dwelling on him leaving right now...there is another well knownbunny vet in town here...Imay ask him what he knows abouthim. For some reason the vibe I've gotten off the lady takin over athis office I haven't cared for...she seemed a lil more aloof...maybe itwas just shyness/staying back to watch Dr Mark work...not sure....

Right now pretty much all I'm dwelling on is getting thru the next hourto go home and see my lil man and how he's doing and how much he atewhile I was gone! I can't get the happy feelings about him tosettle.... :) :)

I do fear however the lil guy is getting dreadfully spoiled!!!!!

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
I do fear however the lil guy is getting dreadfully spoiled!!!!!

Noooooo. Yathink???

After all those wonderful goodies to eat yesterday, I wouldn't besurprised if he gives you attitude when it's time to go back to hispellets.

-Carolyn

He's got pellets in there...has had allalong..but so far has snubbed em....well other than to snatch thecraisin and raisin I put on top to entice him there.... **sigh**..maybeI'll have to bury them a bit..then he'll prolly just have a pelletparty....**shakes head**...get em feelin better..then ya gotta worryabout how spoiled bein sick made em!!!!

Never a dull moment with a rabbit in the house, ey PuterGeekGirl???

-Carolyn

True that x3...but how do you NOT spoil that face....specially when its been thru so much in the last week!

SickBunny003.jpg

Went home for a mid-day feeding....he stillseems to be doing good...didn't look like he'd eaten much bunny salad,but he had made a mess, and my son made him a pretty nice one thismorning...so guessing there was more in there than I realized and hedid eat more than I think!

Was VERY runny....but its getting back to moresolid...its not totally normal yet...but doc told me one of the medswill do that anyway...and I figure with all his lil system has beenthru...I'm just happy he's poopin!!! Its shaped thonow....not stringy goops...smaller sorta mis-shapen, not the normalballs! Hehe...hard to explain

The larger amount of greens can make it runnytoo. Just make sure he's eating. I trust yourdoctor implicitly. Glad you told him aboutit.Keep us posted. :)

-Carolyn

Ok, thats good to know on the larger amount ofgreens...I've noticed its still a lil wetter than it was cuz itsstickin to his fur down there, so everytime I pick him up I just makesure to help him get it off there til things are back to normal!

It might be a good to give him some oats.

It will help firm up the poopies, it's a good source of fiber, and whenI mix them in with pellets my buns will tend to eat more of theirpellets.

~Jim

Ok, just like oats from the grocery store? or doI gotta go to a feed store? SOrry to sound dense...but Ithink of the stuff my moms horses eats when someone says oats!

PuterGeekGirl wrote:
Ok, just like oats from the grocery store? or do I gotta goto a feed store? SOrry to sound dense...but I think of thestuff my moms horses eats when someone says oats!

You can get them at the grocery store. Get the kind you have to cook, not the instant ones.

My bunnies eat all the oats out of their bowls and leave the pellets for later!

SO glad to hear Corky is getting better.

Laura

Laura wrote:
My bunnies eat all the oats out of their bowls and leave the pellets for later!
Oats and papaya has become Pebbles favorite now. She will eatthose first and come back to what ever she hasleft. Some times we put a carrot in the bottom ofher bowl, and she will dig that out and run off with it. :D

I just use the Quaker Quick Oats.......100% rolled oats.

Rainbows! :angel:

Thanks!! I *think* I may have caught him eatingsome pellets tonite, but not 100% sure...hopefully he is!!! I'm cuttingway back on his assisted feedings and he's eating well on his own...wewent outside again tonite for a bit and had grass and dandeliongreens....so thats 2 nites in a row, I figure thats pretty good forhim!!

He's still doin well...didn't want to eat out of the syringe the besttonite..hopefully thats a GOOD sign!! Gonna check on him during thenite and if he's eaten a good chunk of his bunny salad that he gottonite, I may skip the assisted feeding....

PPG I am so glad to see some good posting , tellthe little man to keep up the good work , awsome job you two!!!!

Me too...I think my lil man is worthy of a ....:ele:eek:r two....:ele:

From what I've heard sick bunnies are SO hard to turn around....itsnice to have one turn out good for once!!! I tell ya tho, itsbeen ALOT of work...but worth every second of it to see him how he isnow!

Back