sick bunny.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just reading this. Poor Corky,this is just awful, but I'm so glad he's doing better. Atthis point, every little improvement is a reason tocelebrate. You are taking the best care possible of yourlittle guy. And what a good boss you have.

*Hugs, Thoughts and Prayers*

Jen, Daisy, Sage, Basil, Elvis, Orion, Saphy, Sampson, Lily and Abby

Middle of nite update #1 ;) He justate quite a bit more...seems to be continuing to improve...he got realwiggly and I wouldn't let him go cuz I wanted him to eat a bitmore....he promptly peed....Oh well, that one was my fault!LOL! He's now sitting in the playpen cleaning himself up,after all mom makes SUCH a mess when she feeds him!

He's a lil doll..I've told him I take back what I said yesterday..it isNOT ok if he gives up and go...we've come to far and he's too strong ofbunny!! I'm amazed at this lil guys strength....and at his age! I thinkthe doc will be amazed when he hears how he's doing!

Well, time to try for about another 2-3 hours of sleep before the next feeding...jeesh, its like havinga baby again!!!

Yep, I'm real lucky my boss is good about these things, but then again,he'd have to live with me at work if something happened! ;) But it doesmake life easier!

Thanks again for all the prayers and good thoughts...I think its helping! He's trying not to disappoint his fans! ;) :)

Hang in there Corky..Mom loves ya!

I dreaded reading this topic this morning, butI've now got a huge smile on my face. Things are seeming very positivenow, Thank God. You are doing such a good job with Corky, and I amcertain he knows it and that is why he is figting so hard. Keepingprayers and good thoughts coming your way- Jan

ps Cuddles to Homer as well - and Oreo too!

Morning Update: Got up about every 3hours with him last nite and made sure he ate. Looks as if hedug thru his bunny salad and even ate some of that on his own lastnite!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not much, but its him eating something onhis own. He's doin good when I feed him, almost like he knowsI'm trying to help him! He's gonna hang out in the playpen while I getready for work and my son's gonna keep an eye on him!!

Whatever we're doing is helping! I gotta call vet this morning and seeif he wants me to bring him in for an injection of this 2nd med, or iforal is gonna be ok. I have a feeling with this much improvement we'lljust go oral.

Keep workin at it Corky...Mom loves ya! (I don't give up this much sleep for just anyone! ;) )

Thank you for the update,PuterGeekGirl. Corky was one of my first thoughtswhen I woke up this morning. I'm so glad to hear he made itthrough the night and is battling as hard as he can to getwell. Bless your, his, and your vet'sheart. It sounds like you have a good vet that really doescare.

Believe me, he knows you're trying to help him. I do thinkthat they fight harder for us in these situations. Tucker haddefied the odds of passing on from a serious case of GIStasis. One animal hospital told me not to even bring him inbecause there's nothing they could do for him.

I seriously think that between the prayers of the members on this forumand our will not to give up on each other is what saved hislife. I know all about losing sleep when you gothrough this. My heart and prayers go out to you.

Thank you so much for keeping us updated. It's extremelycourteous and kind of you-especially because I'm sure the last thingyou wish to do is send a news report, but it does mean so much to thoseof us that are on-edge waiting to hear.

Today will be the day Corky will make an incredible turn-around for thebest!

-Carolyn

The updates are the least I can do..Everyonehere on this forum has helped me to give my kids a much better lifethen they would have without all of you!! And the good vibes andprayers are working wonders.....My lil man is slowly getting back tohimself. I can't wait to talk to the vet in awhile, I think he'll beshocked at the progress we've made. I'll either have to go get the newmeds to give to him, or take him in for another shot of it, doc wantedto see how he did over nite. I'm so proud of my lilguy...wasn't easy leaving him to come to work...but I'll head homebetween 9:30-10 to give him some more bunny goop!

Upon further checking this morning it looks like he picked thru and atesome of his bunny salad last nite....think he FINALLY remembered I makepretty good ones....he got a special extra one this morning tohopefully continue him eating some on his own.

I'm afraid he's going to come away from all this VERY spoiled!! (even moreso than he already was!)

Homer update as well: He seemed good this morning..was drinking alotand ate all his bunny salad last nite....seems to have come thru thebig snip just fine!

YEA! Im so happy to hear this :) I knew you two could do it! hehe

Woohoo Corky! You keep getting better buddy! :)

Virginia

Was a lil nervous to leave him today, just gotback from runnin home to feed him and he still seems fine.Even ate a lil more bunny salad. Crushed up his pill and putit in the babyfood..it didn't go the best so hopefully I got enuff intohim!!!

I put Nutri-Cal on his lil foot, set him down and promptly got thebunny butt..LOL! I would think they could make that crudtaste better!!!

*laughs* Tucker hates NutriCal, but Fauna gobbles it up. Go Figure!

Love that he's giving you attitude!! That's Excellent!!

-Carolyn

Hes definately doing that...I wore as muchcarrot/pellet bunny goop mix as he did! I had to change before comingback to work! LOL!

Ooooo!!! What a little stinker!

That's the Corky we know and love!

GO CORKY!!

-Carolyn

Well...I'm not sure who this bunny is, or whatthey've done with my bunny!! But I thought I'd take him outside for alil treat and let him run around bit....and he ate everything in site!!He ate clover, dandeline greens and grass!!! Everything weput in front of him he ate!!!!!!! Now he's doin a mass cleanas he's a very dirty bunny from all that!!! Think I'm gonnalet him go for the feeding I had planned....

Oh, and thats not includin the Romaine he ate while I was gone thenfinished when I got home! Just one piece, but it was a bigone!!! We even got some 1/2 binkies out of him...Iknow that sounds funny...but he'd sit on his hind legs and just hisfront would binky! LOL!

Go Corky....I think we're getting there!!!

OMG...my husband just put Oreo in the playpenwith Corky as she's been consoling him alot by laying by him (but thruthe cage) alot when he's been sick....So he put her in there so shecould see he's doin ok etc...like he did last nite...The lil stinkerpromptly jumped up and mounted her! LOL!.....I told him to get her outof there cuz I don't want him opening up the wound (although I thinkthat'd be real hard right now to have happen) or wearing himself out.

Gee, think someones feeling better? :p:p

Yessss! Way to go Corky!

Poor Oreo's been so worried. What a good partner she is to him.

Has Corky been nibbling on greens?

-Carolyn

We went outside and he ate dandelions, thegreens from em, grass and clover. He ate a bit of Timothy hayand I'm now watching him eat from his bunny salad! (cilantro) ..nowonto romaine lettuce again!

YEAH!!!!!!!

I'm a lil scared to voice it...but I think I'm getting my boyback...thinking Carolyn may have been right...THIS is the day we turnhim around!!!

Back