sick bunny.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's used to be the THE man...glad I got thetime with Oreo last nite....her and Homer havne't been getting the oneon one they are used to with Corky needing so much care!!! Although Itook em all outside last nite and they seemed to have a good time!

Oh yeah, called back to ask if I can cut out the assisted feedings...hesaid yep, he's eating on his own so do so...I've already cut way backon them...so gonna see if I can get thru today with out any!

I felt guilty about Fauna not getting alot ofattentionwhen Tucker pulled out of his GI Stasis.Wouldn't ya know, the minute he started getting better, I noticed shehad blood in her urine which turned out to be a UTI (Urinary TractInfection). Talk about no sleep!! I don't think Irelaxed for months after that. Thank God I had Pamnock andKathy Smith to help me get through it. I really don't knowwhat I would've done without their advice and support.

No more assisted feedings? :yes:

-Carolyn

I moved the vet appt that was scheduled forMonday to tomorrow...I just want him looked at a lil sooner as he's sothin! I'm wondering if he just seems that way cuz of the swelling beingso far down now....Hopefully thats why.... Will update after thevisit! He's sitting and eating hay now!!

Good for you, PuterGeekGirl!

You can't be too careful and Monday seems so far away when you're concerned.

Do let us know how it goes tomorrow. I'll be anxious to hear.

Prayers and nothing but good thoughts continue for you and yours.

-Carolyn

Went and saw the vet today...Corky is doing welland has actually gained back 2 oz. Vet is real happy withprogress. He has to stay on one of his meds for another weekbut at a reduced dosage. He wasn't quite ready to be donewith the meds yet as there's still a pocket of gunk down under his lilarmpit. He wants me to call him middle of the week and lethim know how things are going, and call his cell # if anything comes upthis weekend. He feels as if we're out of the woods and Corkyis going to be fine..said he's the weight thing is not life threateningand that getting the dosage down on that one med will help him start togain back.

Now for the additional WONDERFUL news........Doc Mark is staying fornow!!! He bought the practice back as the lady that bought it wasn'tworking out....He's going to put it back on the market, but said he'llprolly be here at least for another year to year and a half!YEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

Corky even gave Doc Mark bunny kisses today, LOTS of bunny kisses! Could tell he loved that!

Needless to say, a good morning all the way around! :angel:

:clap:Definately a good morning allround. I have been checking on Corky every day, and I can't tell youhow happy I am that he has come through so well - you should be reallyproud of what you've done for him. It's such good news about your vetstaying - I bet Corky is pleasedtoo:D- Jan

Well, it doesn't get better than that, MyFriend! When I had read that Doc Mark had given you his cell phone #, Ithought, it's stinks that he's leaving. Then, I read the secondparagraph.

See that, PuterGeekGirl! Good things happen to good people too.

:magicwand:

Couldn't be happier. Thank you for this wonderful news!

-Carolyn

There sure are Rainbows today!!!:angel: I thought it was sweet when Corky decided he wasworthy of the grand bunny kisses..Dr Mark kept saying...thank you,thank you, thank you to him....can tell he just loves the bunnies!!!

I myself have been getting LOTS of extra bunny kisses from the lil man today too!

Someone was sitting and looking quite grumpy soI thought I'd sneak in a pic of the owie he has thats made both ourlives %$#* the last week!!! It actually looks great comparedto what it did this time last week, but still pretty nasty!

BunnyFun1.jpg

MOM....why'd you have to take a picture of my yucky owie?!?! Now I'm mad...see my grumpy face?

Goodness, it is much bigger and nastier lookingthan I thought. Poor Corky. It is even more amazing that hecame through seeing as how nasty it was. I can see how well hidden itwas though - he has such a dense fur. This is such a happyending:colors: - Jan

Yep, and the wound looks good now compared towhat it did!!! We've not had an assisted feeding now for 3 days...andno bunny salad yet today so he's been forced to eat more hay andactually some pellets!

Well, even BETTER news today...I'm really starting to see "my boy"emerge again...he's laying like content bunny today..he hasn't donethis since he's been sick!! And he just spent about 10 minutes knawingon an apple branch...has also been doing more exploring and takingintrest in things!!! I'm very happy to see this! Its a far cry from aweek ago this time him stopping breathing a couple times and methinking he wouldn't make it thru the nite!

That is Fantastic news !!

It is great that Corky is getting back to his ususal self.

I was glued to the forum during the last week or so, just to keep my eye on how Corky was doing.

Big Hugs and Kisses to Corky from me and the gals !!

:( :( The sore is starting to come offI think...Doc wants to see him in the next day or two....said he'sstill not convinced we won't have to do surgery to clean out the restof the infection... :( :( I know he will take the best ofcare of Corky...but I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet.... (only goodthing is he'll do the neuter at the same time)

Hope to know more tomorrow...taking him in at5. If it needs done gonna see if he can still do so this weeksince its a holiday weekend and I'll have an extra day at home if Ineed to help feed or anything again. :( :( I'mtrying not to get upset cuz we don't even know for sure...but jeesh,he's just getting back to himself!!!

Back