Q-tip has two mommies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm gonna have to get a slinky for my two. Everyone keeps talking about how fun they are!!!

I looked for ages for one and finally ordered one off amazon, then turned around and found holiday-colored ones in the chrismas section of walmart, lol... my girls liked the first one so much I couldn't resist getting one for little Q-tip! who would've thought $1 worth of plastic could make a bunny SO happy :p. you should totally get one!

tippy, just give mommy your bestest sad face until she agrees to take you!

Mommy is packing that little thing she calls an "overnight bag". I don't understand. Overnight means the time from when she goes to bed to when she wakes up. But she told me we are going home for two weeks. That's not overnight! I know what the bag means, though. When she takes it out, she usually stuffs it with books and some clothes. And that means that we get to go in the car to see the kitty and Momma. Mommy is making a list of all of the stuff she needs to remember to pack in the morning. Most of it is mine. I was sitting on top of the overnight bag looking for my carrier, but I got told that I was a silly bunny and we weren't leaving until tomorrow.

Mommy's roommate's family has been here for a week. I like having them here more than any other house guest. His little sister is a chef, and she saves all the bunny foods for me and gives me treats. I've gotten lots of broccoli and some strawberry tops and even a little tiny piece of pita chip that she accidentally dropped into my room while she was feeding me. And then when mommy comes home, I put on my "nobody's fed me all day" face and get more treats until her roommate's sister is like "oh, I've given her this, this, this, and this today". And then I get called a manipulative little fuzzball and get nose snuggles.

For some reason, mommy's roommate's parents call her by a different name. She said it's her "real" name, but I've never heard anyone call her that before. She doesn't know how they knew that it was her name, because she doesn't tell anyone. I was really, really confused when they started calling her that. Ooh! They're going to watch a movie. Me too, me too!

I'll see you in a few weeks, bunnies!

Awh tipster sounds like good news came your way with mommys roommates sister. We understand :) daddy is a chef but mommy is always the one that makes us yummy salads!

Have a great trip back home! Do update with all the stories when you get back or possibly when you get there :)

She said it's her "real" name, but I've never heard anyone call her that before. She doesn't know how they knew that it was her name, because she doesn't tell anyone. I was really, really confused when they started calling her that.

hehehe, I know your mommy's real name on account of I had to have it to mail you prezzies :p. I can't tell anyone though, or she might be mean and tell me I don't get to bunny-sit you next spring!

Jen you lucky beast! We almost got Tippy! Omar is so uncharacteristically (holy crap that was a mouthful to spell) grumpy about it. We were looking at rex rabbits at the feed store and he mumbles "To bad we didn't get Q-Tip."
Not only did he remember her name but her breed. Unusual for him.

hehe, yeah, I'm looking forward to meeting her... the house is looking a lot better now, and I'm so excited that the darn baby grand piano is going away - Q-tip will have lots of room to roam and it looks like I'll definitely have space to set up a little NIC condo for her with the spare grids I've got.

Tippy here. I've been back at the Austin apartment for a few days now. I had a pretty fun trip home, except that both of my mommies got sick towards the end of it so I didn't get as much snuggle time as I wanted. Some updates:

The kitten-thing is huge. He's almost a year old and weighs about 15 lbs. He's still mean to the humans, but still really scared of me. He liked to sit on top of my NIC mansion and try to play with my toys. I'd stop him though. All I had to do was hop up to that top shelf and "MEOW!", he ran away crying. Once or twice, I managed to nose bonk his paw. That made me stay away for a whole day! My mommies want me to train him, since they can't. Although I did notice him sleeping on their bed most nights. He'd sleep at the bottom of the bed where they wouldn't notice him. But I saw!

A few times, another cat came in the house. They call her a barn cat, which I don't get because I looked out the window when we were driving in and I don't think we have a barn. Plus, I think she lives in the rafters above the house. Sometimes at night, I can hear her scurrying. If momma's mom left the door open while she tried to get inside, this cat would come in. She wasn't scared of me, but she was curious. I kind of wanted to play with her, but Mommy wouldn't let her get too close to my cage. She said she's a sweet cat and would like me, but since she lives outside, she may have bugs and stuff. They were going to let her in, but she kept hissing at my mean cat. I'm a little jealous of her though. Mommy calls her "purrball". That's what she calls me. Every time I saw this cat, she'd purr whenever someone touched her. It made me purr a lot more because I didn't want her to forever be Mommy's purrball!

Other than that, it was a pretty uneventful break. I got time to play every night on the bed. Momma would climb in bed and I'd re-arrange the covers and do binkies all over the bed. Sometimes, I'd get to come out and hang out on the couch during the day if my mommies were watching a movie. I like to pee on the couch though (no one is sure why...I don't pee on any other furniture), so I got shooed off of it.

Oh, the one other thing. Mommy got a blender. She says it's a crappy one and doesn't blend most stuff, but it means I got lots of banana pieces because she made lots of banana smoothies. Yesterday, she put a little bit of smoothie in a cup for me before she added yogurt to hers. Mine had banana, kale, and kiwi. I see what she means about the blender being bad though. The kale didn't get broken up. It tasted yummy to me though. I think I see more fruit in my future. I asked mommy if today's smoothie could involve strawberries. She doesn't really love strawberries, but she bought them because I like the tops and she can tolerate them in smoothies and stuff. So I get strawberries this morning...err...nearly afternoon (mommy says "DON'T JUDGE! I was out late having wine and sushi and playing Super Smash bros"). Now I feel the need to say that she usually is really good about waking up when I want her to. This morning, she ignored my 8 am bunny 500s and went back to sleep. Gonna go beg for my smoothie now. It's good to be back!

aww, man, I haven't played super smash brothers in forever! I don't think I've ever sworn as badly as I did sometimes while playing that game! computer kirby and pikachu, I think, were the really cheap ones that made me swear a ton.

Mommy said it's a good thing I wasn't there. My ears are too big for all of the bad words I would have heard (mostly from her).

Aww glad tippy is doing good! Just wanted to say that Agnes used to pee on my couch too. I think there is just something about beds and couches:idea

The other thing that stuck out in your post was wine and sushi. Two of my most favorite things in the world!!!!

I've got alot to catch up on from being gone but glad to see things are going good. Did I think you were getting another bun for some reason or did I make that up??

This morning, mommy tricked me. She said we were going on a car ride. I let her put me in the carrier, thinking we were gonna go back and see my other mommy and the kitten thing again. But no. We drove 7 minutes instead of 4 hours. Right as I was starting to get settled in, she stopped the car and took me into an office!

It was the vet!!! But not my regular vet. She is too far away. I met a ferret in the waiting room. He was cute. He'd just taken benadryl so he was sleepy. I was very curious.

And then we went into that room!! The vet tech said I was cute and played with me and it was fun. And then the vet came in. And she cooed and snuggled me but then she tried to pick me up. NO WAY! I was not having any of that. I tried to hop onto mommy's shoulder.

Finally she gave up trying to look in my mouth (I was afraid she was going to steal the raisin I'd just eaten) and looked in my ears and eyes instead. I was nice for that but then she tried to pick me up again. No way. I almost hurt myself trying to get away. So instead, mommy picked me up. And you know what they did? They put a thermometer in my butt! I was not a happy bunny. I hid under the vet's arm and made squeaky grunty noises until she gave me a raisin.

After that, they snuggled me and I put my paws on mommy's chest and gave the vet and the vet tech nose kisses. I even purred.

And then the vet wanted to take my picture. I let her take about 15 of them. I even let her take one with my paws on the vet tech's chest, giving her a nose kiss. They loved me! It was an adventure alright. Now I'm going to go sit under the desk with my back towards mommy. That meaniebutt!

Sorry that you had to go to the vet tippy. I take it it was just for a check up? You turned a negative into a positive. I am very proud of you. We need more pictures PLEASE!!!

Hippo, don't let them look in your mouth! Fight it! It will make your humans very embarrassed and apologize to the vet multiple times. And then go up and give the vet a kiss once the appointment is over. Then your humans will be mad at how bratty you were but the vet will say you're the sweetest bunny ever!

Back