Q-tip has two mommies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtipthebun

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's me, Q-tip. I've decided to start a blog. I'm not ever going to let my human write in it. She's got her own blog that she doesn't let me write on. So this one's mine.

My mommy and I just got back up to her apartment Friday morning. We got up really early before the sun came up and we took her roommate's bird. He was loud and chirped the whole four hour drive. I was quite displeased. Between that and the fact that mommy listens to 80's rock music, I was not a happy bunny. I pouted until she fed me apple chips.

I like being home in my apartment better than at my other mommy's house. Yes, I get more treats there (she spoils me when mommy isn't looking), but there's no room to run there. It's not bunny proofed at all. They were working on a room called a library (I think that's where they keep the books that look so yummy but I'm not allowed to eat), but it wasn't done in time to be a playroom for me. My mommies say that over the summer they'll bunnyproof so that I can run around. But I was cooped up for about a month. They let me out on the bed to run whenever they were home, but I kept jumping off and running around the bedroom because I'm used to having run of the whole house. Plus, it wasn't fair that the bird didn't have to stay in a locked cage.

But I'm home now, and I'm spending a lot of time in my big cardboard box and doing binkies. My mommy's roommate is coming home today. He said he brought me something. I hope it's food. He gives me lots of treats.

Well, I'm signing off. My blog is better than mommy's, right? Mine's got bunnytalk!

My favorite thing to do is climb under the bird cage and wait for him to drop grapes and sunflower seeds. He does it a lot because he's messy. Mommy kept having to use the vacuum on the floor. I thought it was funny because the bird was scared of the vacuum but I'm not. I like to chase it. The bird's scared of me, too. He's wimpy. Mommy calls him scaredy-feathers. I thought it was funny, but he growls at her, so he doesn't.
My room is a bird-free zone. That's why I like my apartment. I don't have to listen to him go "you're the parrot" and "what are you doing" all day long.

Also, I'm glad someone reads my blog!! My human gets lots of blog readers, so I want my own blog readers, too!

Hi Q-tip! I'm a mini rex too :)
I luv to runs all day too. So sorry you didn't have house run for a whole month. It would feel like forever. Do you like to run around on your mommies when they are trying to sleep? I lub dat! I wakes my mommy and daddy up just for fun, they are good speedbumps.

*nose bonks*
Gary

Hi Gary!! Oh yes. I love to sleep in bed with mommy. If she locks me up at night, I beg and beg until she lets me out. And then I sit there and groom her hair and jump all over her when she sleeps. When my other mommy is up here visiting, I get mad that she's in my bed and I sleep on mommy's head. I have some jealousy issues. I've been told I'm a little bit too spoiled.

My mommy told me something yesterday and I'm not sure how I feel about it. She was at the magic bunnyfood store and saw a baby lionhead that needed adoption. She came very close to getting me a little brother. She said he was a grayish brown and so cute.

I think I like being an only child. My mommies spoil me rotten and I can do whatever I want and don't have to share. Sometimes I think it would be nice to have another fluffy friend, but I'm not sure. I don't want to have to share mommy's love with someone else. I want to be the only fluffy thing in her heart. But yet...when she's gone at school during the day, or work at nights, it would be nice to have someone with whom to get into mischief.

I guess it's a moot point. She said she didn't have another cage which is why she didn't get him on the spot, and if she goes back in a few days (hey, I eat a lot), he'll probably be gone because he was sweet and cuddly. So it looks like no little brother for me right now, but I'm starting to wonder...maybe I do want to be the big sister....

Hey Q-tip, this is Becky. Tell your mommies that dating is the way to go. I got to meet a bunch of different buns at a local rescue and bring home the one I liked the best. It made getting married much less stressful than if she would have just brought home somebun random. It's wonderful to have a husbun/bunwife to cuddle with and play with when mom is busy. I still love my mommy and snuggling with her, but she just won't lick my face the way Gary does.

My mommy brought me a present yesterday! A hay tray! I used to just keep my hay in my litterbox, but now I have a tray to hang on the wall of my cage. I had fun last night making the tray make LOTS of noise...I know it annoys mommy when she's sleeping, but it's so funny! I like when she has to get out of bed at 3 am and come over and go "no"! Totally worth the spray of the water bottle.

She also bought organic banana chips. She said they're not for me, but I know I'll end up eating some, and more oats. I like when she buys steel cut oats in bulk from the natural grocery store. I eat them out of a measuring cup.

I think it was a successful shopping trip. I didn't even ask what human food she got, but she came in with two full bags of food and said some stuff was for me. Maybe there will be a surprise in there!!

Hey Q-Tip, my name is Kreacher. Liked reading your blog. I have a blog too. I'm the one that Mom thinks I have an attitude.

You almost had a baby brother too? I don't know what it's like being an only bunny child cause I have two other brothers. And Mom's bringing home another one. It must be awesome getting all of your Mommy's attention. But Mom told me don't fret about the new bunny, she says her heart grows each time one comes in her life, LIKE ME, and the other two. Have to admit, but don't tell my Mom, that she's right.

Hope you come visit my blog. And can't wait to see what other antics you pull. Have to think what kind of noise I can make at 3 AM in the morning. But I don't know about that water thingie.

Kreacher :bunny5

Shiloh! You're the cutest bunny ever (plus, your mommy can cook, so that automatically makes you cool)! Give your mommy a message: I made hummus at a friend's house last night and used her recipe!

And Kreacher, I had an other opportunity to almost get a little brother today. Had mommy not had to go to work and instead could have gone to the locally owned petstore that has rescue buns, she would have seen the helicopter bunny that her roommate sent her pictures of. She showed the pictures to me. He was really cute. Cute enough that I probably would have wanted him as husbunny.

I feel like there are more and more opportunities just popping up with little siblings for me. I still don't know if I want one. My other mommy loves any sort of baby animals and thinks getting me a sibling is a good idea...but over the summer when we get to be at her house. Mommy isn't sure if I'll be jealous of sharing her love, though.

In other news, I'm totally loving that new hay tray. It makes tons of noise, which for me is a huge requirement. Mommy may be regretting it....

Hey guys. Well, you know how much fun I've been having with that hay tray? I guess there's a such thing as too much fun. Especially if mommy is up for 48 hours straight doing homework (and cuddling me) and finally wants to go to sleep. I was so used to her being awake all the time, that I was not at all happy when she put me in my cage. I started rattling the bars and banging the hay tray and making as much noise as I could so she'd let me sleep with her.
At first, she just put her head under the pillow and told me to go to bed, but since her head was under the pillow, I had to rattle louder! Eventually she got frustrated because she couldn't get to sleep with me making noise, and instead of letting me out, she moved my cage to the bathroom! I was not at all happy when she brought me back in the room this morning. I thought she'd want to hear how much fun I was having with my new hay tray. But no...her sense of fun is all messed up, I guess. She'd rather sleep than listen to me play all night.
I was going to write more, but she just left the room to go get my breakfast. Gotta be ready for that handful of green stuff!! Ooh, here she comes!!

Hey guys. It's been an eventful few days. Two nights ago we had a BIG thunderstorm. Mommy would have slept through most of it, but I woke her up rattling the bars of my cage because I really hated the noise. She came and let me out even though it was like 3 am, and I ran right for her bed and snuggled up in it. She let me stay the night snuggled up in her blankets. The next night (last night), she decided I was such a good bunny that she wasn't even going to lock me up. Just to prove to her I was good, I didn't hop on her head even once during the night. In fact, I was so good and so quiet that she woke up around 6 and couldn't find me...even though I was napping in her chair! So trial run went well.
THEN, this morning, mommy was bringing in a bowl of granola for her breakfast and I tripped her! On purpose! That means I got to clean all the granola out of places she couldn't reach on the floor and the chair.
So, suffice to say, I'm fat and happy and having a good day!

I'm grounded. Very grounded. Mommy said "for life" but she kissed my nose right after, so I doubt it'll be more than a day or two. Sucks, 'cause I wanted to wake her up tonight grooming her hair again.
But I kinda deserved it. So here's what I did. Mommy was out at a study session. I know when she goes to those, I've got about four hours. I decided to try to get to the bag of oats that was sitting on her desk, even though she moved the chair back far enough that my paws can't reach. I took a flying leap and landed on top of her laptop. From there, I was able to get to the oats. Just to make life easier, I decided to push everything that was on the desk onto the floor. The jar of paper clips and binder clips was hard to move, but I got it. The essays for funding for next year that she's been working on so hard were easy to move. So was the almost empty bag of apple chips. And all of her fused glass pieces. And her readings for Monday. And a novel with a pretty orange cover.
So once I had all that on the floor, I proceeded to eat the oats, and the apple chips. Then I wanted to see what the funding application would taste like. It was decent, so I chewed some of the corners. Then I tried her rhetoric reading. Not so good, but the pack of sticky notes that fell out of it (the skinny type, not the square type...and YELLOW) were amazing. I ate them all. I tried the cover of the novel...Rushdie isn't my thing...I just wanted a few bites. However, the bookmark in it was delicious and is totally shredded. I didn't think about putting something else in so mommy knew what page she was on.
Once I was done with all that, I figured I'd see if there was anything else good up there. Just more books. I ignored those. I didn't like the smell of the lavender stress ball, so I left that alone too. But I decided I wanted to see what she's always doing on the computer. It looked like fun. I hopped around on the keys for a while and before I knew it, windows were opening everywhere and the words on the screen started to look different. I saw something that said "change language to italian" and said "okay". Mommy had a hard time changing it back.
By the time I left the computer, I'd opened 47 programs. It was fun!!
And then mommy came home, and now I'm stuck in my cage.

Aww Q-Tip, sorry to hear about the grounding. But Mommy is right, you did ruin some of her hard work that she needs for school. But that kiss on the nose is just the medicine that was needed. Plus a few days in the crate. Maybe next time those school papers won't look so enticing. But then again, you are a rabbit. Mommy will have to watch her important papers better.

I found out that my boys like the taste of my Harry Potter books. They only got one taste and after that, no books on the floor or tables.

Hoping your punishment goes quickly.

K :)

Well, mommy decided I was too cute to ground for long. I spent the rest of that evening in the cage, and all night. But at night, I decided to see if I could shorten my punishment time, so I rattled the bars of my cage all night long. Mommy was too lazy to move me into the bathroom, though, so I kept waking her up.
The next day, she let me out in the morning for exercise and then stuck me back in my cage when she had to go to work, but let me stay out at night. I've been caged now only when she isn't home. She mentioned something about parole though, letting me out of jail for good now...until I'm bad again. So I'm crossing my paws that she lets me stay out when she goes to class this evening.

Back