Q-tip has two mommies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This morning, something scary happened. At 2 am, I was snuggled up in Mommy's chair sleeping. She was snuggled up in her bed sleeping. All of the sudden, I heard this really really loud BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I'd never heard anything like it. After two beeps, mommy shot out of bed faster than I've ever seen her hop! She started tugging on her sweatpants and her shirt and saying bad words. I had hopped off the chair and was zooming around the room as fast as I could. I was hoping if I zoomed fast enough, I could make the noise go away. Mommy starting going, "Tip, we've gotta get your carrier!" She tripped over me opening the closet door and didn't even bend down to say sorry! But before she could do that, she opened her bedroom door and saw her roommate standing there. He had done something that mommy called "turning on the heater". Apparently it always makes that loud beeping sound the first time you use it all year.

I was still pretty scared, and really angry that the beeps had woken me up. I was zooming around so fast that I was knocking things over and tripping over everything. Mommy finally caught me on her bed and snuggled me. I was wheezy from running so hard and I was crying a little because I was scared of the loud beeps. Mommy's roommate gave me lots of banana chips and told me he was sorry. They snuggled me until I calmed down. Even then, I kinda wanted to sleep in bed with Mommy. I never do that. But I sat on her pillow for a few minutes and groomed her before going back to my chair.

Mommy's roommate promised he wouldn't turn it back on until mommy was home, just in case it beeped again. I think that thing was called a smoke detector. All I know is that the heater thing made the apartment smell funny and I think the funny smell made the beeps happen. I didn't like it one bit!

The heaters in our place smell to after not being used....But there is no beeps! Daddy says there will be no beeps cause he killed the beeper with a hammer one day when he burned the pizza.....You should get a hammer too!

Mommy went somewhere today for two hours or so and came home smelling like bunnies. She hopped right into the shower so I wouldn't get jealous but I noticed when she came into the room to get her shorts. I wasn't too happy with her. There was one bunny that had his fur all over her. She told me he was a big Californian named Alfie and that once she talked it over with my other mommy, they may think about a husbun. A husbun??? Really?? Mommy is really conflicted because she knows she has the space here, in my room. But they don't have the space at my other mommy's.
I have to tell you...I didn't mind the smell of this guy. He smelled kinda handsome!

I think having a husbun won't be so bad! Today my mommy took me to meet another rabbit. She was really pretty but all we did was smell each other. Still, I wouldn't mind her coming to live with us...

Mommy was on Skype with my other mommy tonight. My other mommy saw a picture of Alfie and they are doing something called "thinking seriously". I'll have to wait a few months because my other mommy is going on a business trip for almost three months, but then they might take me to meet him!

Tip, Fraggles here and I want you to be very careful....Just because the peoples say its a bunny....How can YOU be sure it is a bunny?
There is something here also...Everyone here says that this creature is a bun and that I must be nice to her....But really LOOK AT HER!
Is this a bun? Or is this in fact....A Muppet! Please Tippy don't let a Muppet invade your world posing as a bun...Don't let a Muppet happen to you.

14476_270108_400000004.jpg

Agnes here and my mommy just wecently bwought me a husbun and even though he's wuff and wascally and weally silly I think I kinda like him. He keeps me company when mommy isn't here and his goofiness is a bit contagious and I find myself letting loose a bit more.

Husbuns can be good. Cwazy, but good :)

Hi Fraggles. I was worried about it being a muppet, too, but Mommy showed me a picture. I'm pretty sure this bun isn't a muppet...he looks like a bun to me!

It's been very busy here. The weather got cold today, which mommy likes. She says it makes her homesick. I don't know what homesick is, but I like sitting under the window and feeling the cold air on my ears. I've never felt cold before. Last winter we didn't get any cold. The air smells funny. It smells sharp. I like it. I go up to the window and wiggle my nose at the little bit that mommy opens it.

Mommy has been really busy with school. She's doing a lot of reading those yummy book things that she doesn't let me help read. Sometimes she lets me read things she calls articles. She said because they're printed out, I can help. They're not as yummy as books, but they're good to look at. Also, she always plays with this green thing when she has her articles. She breaks it into two pieces and makes green lines on the article. I think she called it a highlighter. I like to play with it. It's really fun to roll on a cardboard box! She's working on something called a "thesis". She said it's to help her get a masters degree. I don't know what that is, but there's lots of highlighter time, so I'm happy.

I learned to spin for a treat the other day. Mommy has been working on it with me. Sometimes I am better at listening than others. When she's sitting in her chair, I know I get lots of treats, so I don't always spin well. But sometimes she'll stand at the gate outside the bedroom and tell me to spin and I always do it then. It means good treats, not itty bitty pieces of banana chip.

I miss my other mommy. She talks to me through the phone a lot of times at night, but mommy said I can't see her for two more months. Something called a business trip. It's already been three weeks! I miss my kitty cat friend! That's all for now. Mommy needs the computer back to do something called "emailing her students". Maybe she'll let me type, too!!

Mommy did something weird tonight. She got home from something called a "group meeting" for something called a "presentation" (I think I may have eaten one of those once). She was all grumbly because apparently the other girl doesn't have a bunny to help her do her reading, so she didn't do it. So mommy is planning an hour and a half presentation alone. That doesn't sound fun. I see why she was upset now. But she put down her bag and instead of going and lying down in the bed, she decided to lie down on the floor next to where I was sleeping. And she was petting me, and I moved in for more pets, and all of the sudden, she stopped petting me! I sniffed her, and she was asleep! She fell asleep while petting me!!

I let her sleep with her hand on my ears for a little while and then I really had to pee, so I got up and hopped off to my litterbox. She didn't move. So I came back and hopped on her back and started snuffling at her ear. I wanted to see what I could get away with, so I licked her ear. She woke up real fast!

But this is a problem. Humans are supposed to sleep in the big human nest thing they call a bed. Bunnies sleep under the desk. Why did mommy want to sleep under the desk, not in her nest?? Is she going to keep doing this? Should I have let her snuggle me, or did I just encourage her?

Hi! Tippyface here. Mommy got a present in the mail today from another bunnymommy (she says thanks Gaz and Nala!). They're papaya tablets. She wanted to see if I'd like them. I do! They're so nummy! I ate one like it was a treat and then I begged for another, but mommy wouldn't give me another.

She's been so busy with school, and she moved the printer to the living room, so I don't even have any papers to nom. I've been attacking the carpet though because I'm angry about it.

Mommy said she has to go tomorrow and get me something called "flea medicine". I think she had to give that to the kitten once. But I've never had a flea. I'm not really sure what one is. Mommy says they're little bugs that snuggle in my fur and bite me. I haven't felt anything bite me, but mommy said she saw some little bugs. I think I'm too fluffy for them to actually bite. I hope this flea medicine stuff isn't icky. I'm very prissy about my fur.

Mommy is starting to plan for what she calls "the end of the semester". It doesn't look fun. She keeps bringing home more papers, and she keeps writing stuff on her calendar. And none of it is stuff I can nom, either. The only good papers are the nummy type.

I got a real clicker today. Mommy was worried I wouldn't remember that a click is a treat if I had a new clicker (rather than her making clicking noises), but I proved how smart I was and I showed her I knew what it meant. She had to change it because the bird had learned to click and he was confusing me! I couldn't tell his clicks from mommy's. But these clicks sound different than those, so I don't have to worry about that meaniefeathers anymore.

Oooh, snoogle time! Mommy has time for cuddles!

I'm so glad she likes the papaya tabbies! I'm still amused by the bunnies bum-rushing my lap the second I opened the bottle to get some out to send Q-tip and then Trouble (one of the gliders) crabbing at them for it.

LOL @ the bird learning to click!

where does one get a clicker, anyway? I think it'd be fun to try training my two little terrors :p

Mommy got my clicker on ebay for like a dollar. She had to wait a month for it because it shipped from overseas, but I didn't mind. It's green, like veggies! My favorite!!

I really don't chin things. Mommy knows everything in this room is mine. Except her books. Those aren't mine. But I don't chin things because I don't have to. I don't have any Muppets who try to steal my stuff.

Back