Q-tip has two mommies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi fellow bunnies and whoever lets their humans read my blog (Monty, Hippo, I'm glaring at you!),
Life has been very, very boring here. Not much to report. Mommy is back to always doing that thing with tons and tons of printed out sheets (but she moved the printer to where I can't eat the paper, grr) and a green highlighter that she calls reading but I call coloring. Sometimes I pry the highlighter out of her hand thinking I'm going to get her to play with me, but then I realize I want to play with it instead.
She's reading over my shoulder and says "Tippy, be nice! Mommy is taking two classes, teaching one, and writing a master's thesis this semester." Whatever she's doing, I'm booooooooored. Plus, I've seen the word document that is her master's thesis so far. It's a blank page entitled "THESIS". She can't tell me she's working with all the Xena she's been watching....
Other news....let's see...oh, yesterday mommy's little sister texted her. Mommy's sister is an interior design student on the east coast. I've never met her. But I might be going to! She said she wanted to come for a visit. Mommy was really happy. And then she looked at the calendar. It would be the same weekend my other mommy would be doing a job in Austin. I was gonna get to spend that time with my other mommy, but I guess I'll spend it with mommy's sister. Hopefully she buys her ticket soon before it gets too expensive or she can't come.

Mommy says I have to get off the computer now. She's teaching the lecture today in the poetry class she's taking because it's on spoken word and that's what her thesis is, so she has to finish getting ready. I can't wait for this semester to be over so I can get full computer privileges back again!

Monty's mommy is glaring right back at you. Monty can't get to the computer right now because she has an owie, but she's recovering really well and gets fruit treats for being really nice :) UNLIKE SOMEBUNNY I'VE HEARD OF. No hard feelings though, there's always cilantro in my fridge if a particular mini-rex decides to visit Chicago ;)

Hey! I think Monty called me a name! Mommy!!!!

Pfoo. She was no help. She said "Monty was right."

Whose side is she on, anyway? *Devises evil plan to get to Chicago*

Poor tippy :) Is your mommy going to UT Austin? If so my parents met there. My mom got her masters in engineering from there (fixes computers now) and my dad got his bachelors in accounting from there. I personally will never go there since I am an ag major. Good luck with school. I am taking 5 classes for 15hrs this semester.

Tippy here. Gonna let mommy type real fast to Lauren: What's AG? I feel like I should know this.

Tippy back. Mommy's degree is in a totally useless liberal arts field that will never ever get her a job in the state of Texas. I've heard her say that as a grad student, she only has to take 9 hours...I'm not sure what that means. But I know one of her friends called her crazy when she said she took 25 hours in undergrad each semester. I can't sleep for 25 hours...so I don't know what that means.

Mommy came home from class today and was upset. She said her teaching in her poetry class went badly. I don't get it. She teaches every week. I help her eat-uh...write her lesson plans and she says I'm always very helpful and that they're always very good. But this was a class she's taking. I wasn't allowed to eat this lesson plan because she was turning it in. Maybe that's why it wasn't good...no one talked because the bunny didn't nom the papers. Really, I think I'd be a good teacher.

And then she left tonight to go watch something called RuPaul's Drag Race at her friend's house because her friend has a TV. I think a TV is that thing we watch sometimes at my other mommy's house. It makes loud noises and I don't like it. So I'm glad she didn't let me go. She said I could have gone but her friend has a puppy and it's smaller than me because it's a baby. She didn't want me to beat it up.

Methinks it's snuggle time. I"m gonna force lots of snuggles tonight because Mommy will want them.

Ag is short for agriculture. I can not imagine taking 25hrs in 1 semester. The most I have taken is 16. The most that they will let you take at my school in 1 semester is 18hrs.

ugh. Everytime I read this blog I really want to rethink college i.e NOT GO! But I think your mom is a little over the top anyways tipster ;)
Sorry your bored. Kai needs a playmate. You're not that far away!

Hi everyone! Tippy update!
There's not a whole lot to update on because it's mommy's thesis semester (she tried to explain to me what that meant...she said it means she has just a few weeks to write an 80 page paper. I've tried to nom an 80 page book..that's a lot!). Her draft is due in two weeks. That means she's very, very busy.
On the plus side, also in two weeks, mommy's little sister is coming to visit! But mommy says "little sister" is a misnomer and that she's over 20 and very, very tall! I guess I'll get to meet her soon! Mommy isn't very tall at all, and I'm not used to being around tall humans. I think I'm a little scared of them because I'm not used to them. But I didn't even know mommy HAD a little sister until she bought her ticket two weeks ago!

In other news, I got to try lots of new veggies in the past week. Mommy has a friend, the guy she teaches for, who gives me fancy veggies. Every time mommy goes to his house, she comes back with a bag of lots of weird stuff! She says he gets a box of organic veggies delivered right to his house! Every week! I wish we got that, but mommy says we can't afford it. But every time she goes over there, he sends me LOTS of noms. This time I got carrot tops, beet tops, radish tops, the base of a broccolicini (??) and and a whole thing of spinach because neither he nor his boyfriend likes spinach. How is that possible?? Everybody likes spinach!!

Mommy is still on her health food kick, which means lots of good stuff for the bunny! My favorite are mangoes, but I like everything!

I promise I"ll do a more thorough update later, but I need to shoo mommy out of the house so she can buy more fruit and veggies before she has to teach this morning. She's dawdling because she doesn't want to teach today. Maybe a few nips on her legs will get her moving....

I am SO mad! Tonight, Mommy committed the worst crime in the bunny rulebook: she made herself a meal with cilantro in it and didn't share!!! Even worse, she ate it in the bedroom within full sniffing distance for me. I kept jumping up on the chair and trying to get in the bowl, but she said bunnies don't eat lentils and took it away!
So I'd hop down and foot flick at her and then try to sneak up on her again when I didn't think she was looking. For a human, she's pretty fast. She never let me get to her food. But now her breath smells like cilantro and so do her fingers, and she's still got that blasted bowl sitting on the desk!
I'm going crazy here, bunnies!

In other news, I snarfed at mommy's roommate the other day. He was killing a spider in Mommy's room and he used a piece of my cardboard to pick it up! I was NOT pleased. I tried to get my cardboard back from him. He bopped me over the head with it and told me to be nice. I showed him exactly what I thought about that! I bothered him until he put down the cardboard. Mommy said I was bad because she hates spiders and she wanted him to just get rid of it. I was trying to go help him get rid of it, but she wouldn't let me! Hey, it's not my fault I got mad! He was trying to use my toys for dead bug removal!! Nobunny would be happy about that!

Mommy's making me get up. She says she has reading to do. I think I'll go help her nom it.

Short update:
I have a middle name. Mommy had to give me one last week because I've been, err, devious lately. I can't help it. Mommy's deadline is in four days, her little sister is coming in four days, and she knows she can't get it all done, so she's been frantic! I swear, if she doesn't stop crying every day, I'm going to bite her toes! Anyway, yeah, I've been getting into a little mischief lately, so mommy and her friend came up with a middle name for me: Galadriel. I don't get it, but it makes all the humans laugh. Mommy's friend calls me elf bunny. Apparently Q-tip Galadriel sounds good though, and I know when Mommy calls me by my full name, I've been bad!

Mommy bought a pineapple, a whole one (Monty, you're the greatest bunny ever. Your mommy convinced my mommy to do it). She cut it up and then cut the core into little pieces, which she feeds to me. It's so sweet and nummy! I love pineapple, but since mommy quit her awful yogurt shop job, I hadn't been able to have any in a long time!

*Goes off to nom on some more students papers*

*gasp* I can't believe no one ever saved me the core! I better go scratch on the beardy one's leg next time he's cutting up a pineapple and threaten to put holes in his new socks if he doesn't save the core for me. All he ever saves are broccoli butts and kale stems. Hmph. Which are delicious, too, but not sweet and juicy and nummy! *washes face at the thought of it*

Glad your hooman listens to you!

Hi friends!
I just did something funny, so I figured I'd tell you. Mommy bought something called dried pumpkin seeds. I love pumpkin but didn't know they had seeds. I thought it came in a can! But it smelled good and I wanted some, so I tripped Mommy when she came back into the room. She dropped three of them. I got them! It was worth getting stepped on!
I know they're Smokey the bunny (mommy's dad's bunny)'s favorite treat, but I'd never had one!

In other news, Mommy's sister was here this past weekend. For a tall human, she wasn't that scary. I liked her! She spent lots of time petting my ears and going "you're so soft!" Apparently that's a big deal because she's not really an animal person. She and mommy were gone a lot, and they always smelled like lots of types of food when they got home. And then Sunday night, Mommy's friends came over. I like them. Especially the one who talks to me in Russian. She gives me treats. Having people over is fun. Her friend kept sneaking off to feed me bits of human food!! I love human food! I even helped her eat a little bit of hummus. We "shared" a carrot (in other words, she ate it in front of me and I finally got annoyed at stole it, hummus and all!).

So that was a fun weekend. I didn't have to sit for anywhere near as many photo shoots as I did when Mommy's best friend came to visit. Mommy's sister took my picture just a few times when she was testing out the camera mommy got for my other mommy. No pictures with the giant fancy camera she brought with her. But I did kiss her cell phone for a picture of my nose, so....

Mommy got her big draft turned in, so she's had lots of time for me this week. We've been snuggling lots. She got a new shampoo though and I think it smells icky so I won't snuggle her hair.

Next week is her spring break. I remember that from last year. We went home and hung out with my other mommy for a week. But she says this time, my other mommy is off work for the first time in a few months, so we're probably going to go home on Saturday for a day or two, and then bring her back up here for a few days. My two favorite things: having my other mommy here, and getting to stay in my apartment! Sounds perfect! Mommy said nothing is set in stone yet, but she's been doing happy dances, so....

Let's go see if I can go get some more pumpkin seeds out of her! Here's a picture of me drinking a smoothie, because I needed to put in a picture!

2013-02-08 09.52.32.jpg

Hai Tippy! I'm jealous my mommy doesn't give me smoothies anymore. She says now that I'm not on any medicine, I can just chew on real fruit. Whatever medicine is, I want more! Just as long as I don't have to wear that noisy collar thing again, ugh.

Hi there. I've been back from Spring break for a couple of days now. Don't even ask about my trip. It wasn't what I thought it would be. My mommies got called to work in Denver, so they left me with my other mommy's mommy (does that make her my grandmommy?) and my kitty. I'm glad I had the kitty, because man, was I bored. They were only supposed to be gone four days, but the job went bad, so they were gone nine! Mommy promised to never leave me again (unless it was with a trained bunnysitter). I was so badly craving hay by the time they got back, I ate two days worth in four hours!! I'd been getting pellets and veggies, but I went a few days without hay. Or litter. Why they didn't put hay in my litterbox instead of litter, I'll never know. But mommy was really, really upset, and promised to never go away on the spur of the moment like that again.

I did learn something fun while I was there. The kitten is still scared of me. He's not a kitten anymore; he's a year old and weighs almost 3x what I weigh, but I still boss him around pretty bad. When my mommies got back, I showed them my new trick. The kitty was sitting on top of my cage, and I jumped up to the top shelf. "MEOW!" I scared him! I wandered around and ignored him for a few until he settled back down, and then I went to "groom" him. Know what's fun to do to kitties? Bite them on the tail. Big wimp of a thing meowed really loud and tried to get down off the top of the cage. He's so clumsy, he was having a hard time! I took that as an opportunity to play chase. I followed his tail as he scrambled to get away and "groomed" him some more. Finally my other mommy took pity on him and moved him away from "the mean widdle bunny". They both thought it was hilarious. The cat...well, all I hurt was his pride. But if his pride's as big as his belly, he's still got plenty left!

Also, I learned a new game this morning. It's called "take mommy's glasses off her face". She doesn't think it's funny. She needs them to see. I think it's funny to steal them and hop off. She then tries to find me to find them. She says she has something called a "disadvantage". I'm not sure what it means. But she says it's because she needs the glasses to see the glasses. Oh well. I'll let her keep her disadvantage. I'm having fun!

awww, be nice to the poor kitty. he's got a disadvantage too on account of he doesn't get to eat oodles of veggies like bunnies do!

we promise we'll give you lots and LOTS of hay when we're bunny-sitting... and litter, too, 'cause we like the pretty new flooring too much to let you use it as a toilet.

I hate using flooring as a toilet. I'm kind of a neat freak when it comes to bathroom habits. That's why I was so distressed to go four days without a litterbox!!

I'm tempted to come stomp on the hooman who took your litterbox and didn't give you hay. That's just dumb. Glad you are back home again and back to terrorizing your mommy. Hey, mine wears those "glasses" things too, wonder if I can get them off her face...next time she lays down on the floor to snuggle with me, I'm gonna try!

Did I laugh at your antics with the cat...poor kitty and you nomming his tail, you are a naughty bunny. I bet you were glad when mommy got home and things were back to normal...isn´t it awful when hoomans don´t know exactly what you like and what you´re used to.....they are so hard to train sometimes lol.

This human is okay, she's just older and not in good health. She can't unfasten the clips that hold my cage together, so she'd just dump my food in and I'd go scrambling around to find it. I guess getting the clips off once to get the litterbox out was too difficult to try again to put it back in. I don't really blame her. She always calls me funnybunny and talks to me, so she's not too bad.
I do miss my kitty now that I'm home, though.

Back