Q-tip has two mommies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybunny-
Not too much new here to report. Mommy got her big draft back, worked really hard for about a week, and then sent it off to a few more readers. Now she's back to lots of snuggling. She says she has something called "senioritis". I hope it's not contagious. She says she's had it twice before: once in high school, and once in college. Now she has it in grad school. Can it be passed on to bunnies? I may try to get online and ask her best friend later.

Mommy has to go to class in a minute, but she's letting me use the computer while she gets ready. This morning, I made her change my litter in the rain. Our conversation went like this:
me: Mommy, I want my litterbox changed.
her: Tippy, it's raining.
me: but Mommy, it was raining last night so you said you'd do it in the morning.
her: fine. I'll do it.

I've got her wrapped around my little paw.

As an aside, I saw a thunderstorm last night. I sat on the chair and watched it. It was really cool. The bird was scared. He was whimpering. I thought it was awesome.

Haha, what a turkey. Thunderstorms are awesome! A couple happened when I was a baby and my mommy came to the kitchen and laid by my cage and petted me so I wouldn't be upset. I like the flashes of light :)

Hey Q, I just read through your blog. Its nice and I'll definitely follow and read it.

The bird sounds like a real scaredy cat. I think I'd love me a thunderstorm but they never come often. :/

Gotta go now, mommy is making me get of the computer.

~Ash

I'm confused about something. Does Mommy not know she's not a bunny, or does she think I'm stupid enough that she thinks I am?
Sometimes, at night, if I'm snuggled in my chair for bed, when she comes over to give me pets, if I'm purring, she'll purr too (she just told me this sentence has too many commas and is grammatically incorrect but I'm gonna leave it just to spite her). Now, I know humans don't purr. But she'll try to tooth purr to me. Does she think I don't realize that she's not doing it right??
Does anyone else have a human who purrs at them? Are they lousy at it?

you DO realize that bunnies don't actually purr either, right? you're totally just faking it - any cat would tell you that you're not doing it right!

besides, be nice to your mommy - she's just trying to tell you that she's happy and she loves you in a way that she thinks you can understand.

Well my cat doesn't purr, so I'm the only thing I've ever heard purr! So there (that must have been Nala who said that, wasn't it? Gaz wouldn't dare tell me I'm doing something wrong!)! She could just say "Tippy, I'm happy,", couldn't she? I mean, she sounds SO silly whens she purrs.

Well hi everyone. It's Tippy. Remember me? Yeah, mommy hasn't been giving me much computer time lately because she was finishing her thesis, but now it's submitted so I'm allowed back online.
The past few weeks have been crazy. Mommy has been here all the time, but she's been an emotional wreck. To be honest, I don't mind when she's crying because when she cries a lot, she gets the hem of her shirt all wet and I sit on her lap and lick the salt water off her collar. I know, it's weird, but it's kind of fun. But she hasn't cried much since she turned in her thesis on Thursday, so no collar tears for me.
But it means that she is hanging out more when she's home. She's here and gives me lots of snuggles. I've been sitting in the chair with her in the evenings while she helps her friend edit her thesis and groom her shorts. I don't know why, but I'm intrigued with the pockets. I think she must have put food in there at some point because I have this strange compulsion to try to climb into them. They're big pockets, but not quite big enough for a bunny.

Last night, a friend of mommy's from college came to visit. She's been living in Houston for two years, but she and mommy hadn't seen each other since mommy graduated. So her friend came up here and spent the night with us. She liked me a lot. They had some other humans over and they were drinking wine and eating strawberries, so mommy let me out in the living room where everyone fed me fruit and I snuggled on the chair.

And now, mommy gave me some really good news the other night. Apparently my other mommy will be off work for a few weeks before their big trip when I go hang out with Gaz and Nala. Mommy said it's not good for paying the bills, because she's supporting them both for a month, but I don't care about that. What I do care about is that on Saturday, she's gonna go pick up my other mommy and bring her here for about three weeks! I'm looking forward to the amount of snuggle time I'm going to get! My other mommy spoils me even more than mommy does (and that's a lot...I'm a very spoiled princess (mommy made me say that)). And she likes to cook, and always sneaks me veggies from when she's making stuff. This will be fun. Mommy says she just has one more final paper and one more presentation and then she's done with school for ever and we call all snuggle together as a family!

Oh my! So much news! I don't even know where to start!

Mommy graduated from her MA program last week. She had to wear a silly gown and a hat that had a tassel thing that I kept trying to play with. My other mommy has been here for two and a half weeks. She had to take off two whole jobs in order to come up for graduation and their trip. It means I'm only getting to eat inexpensive foods for a while because she's not getting paid, and mommy doesn't make much money, but that's okay. Cilantro is my favorite food anyway.

My mommies are going on their trip on Friday. They're going to be gone a whole week. I'm going to be so lonely. As of now, it looks like I'm going to stay here with mommy's roommate. He's leaving for a few days to go visit his sister in Dallas, so we may have to get a sitter to come in for a day or two and feed me and the bird. Not an ideal set up, but it works. The only thing is, he's a little scared of me sometimes (I like to bite his toes), so I won't get very many snuggles.

BUT, when they get back, mommy is staying here and working through the summer. She needs to find another job or two to make ends meet, but she has one research job and she gets to stay home with me to do it! And then, in August, we're moving! My other mommy is FINALLY going to live with us. They told me they found an apartment. It's a one bedroom place, carpet, and they're going to bunny proof it for me! The complex doesn't allow bunnies (apparently most complexes don't), but this one called me a "long eared cat" and said that I didn't have to pay pet rent! I don't think she realized I run around the house, I don't stay in a cage, but that's okay. We're just not going to tell her. I'm really excited. Mommy says the place is really nice. And we're going to grow plants on the balcony. Mommy promised me basil and mint!

I think that's most of my news. I've been hanging out on the couch with my mommies watching her roommate play Skyrim. I like it. Sometimes, there's even a bunny on the screen! Anyway, more later!

Yay for finding a place together! Monty will envy the crap out of you, because I have too much junk and too many hobbies to be able to bunny-proof my whole apartment.

Hi everyone! I'm back!
My mommies went on vacation for a week and turned off the computer before they left, and mommy's roommate didn't let me turn it on.

So, while they were gone, I turned 2. It was the first weekend they were gone, and mommy's friend came in to take care of me twice a day. I liked that. She gave me TONS of snuggles. And treats. I got a lot of oats because she likes to watch me do the oatmeal dance. I felt bad because she had to take the bus an hour each way to get here, but she stayed a while each time and played with me. Sometimes, she'd even bring a book and sit on the floor and read with me.

Once mommy's roommate got home from visiting his sister (the night of my birthday...Monday), he did something really silly. He texted mommy to see how much I was supposed to eat, because apparently I was "pacing myself" and he was worried that I wasn't eating right. Mommy said "no, she's a bunny...she grazes, don't worry," but she also told him to make sure I got plenty of hay. He went a wee bit overboard. My entire cage is a hay filled nest box. He gave me about two weeks worth of hay in a day. I LOVED it! I had a blast playing in it. Unfortunately, I also peed in it because it looked like my whole cage was a litter box, so mommy cleaned it out and told me no more hay cages for me. :(

Anyway, I was well taken care of, and got a little pissy at my mommies when they got back. I mean, seriously, they went to Alaska and didn't bring me anything?? And on my birthday, too??? They've been home since last night, so I'm slowly getting over it, but I'm letting them know I'm displeased, that's for sure.

Anyway, mommy's bribing me with oats. More later!

Hi bunnies,
Quick update. My mommies are looking for jobs and are miserable. My other mommy is really frustrated, but my mommy at least knows that hers will take a long time to find. So they've been home all day every day on the computer and spending time with me.
The other day, they re-did my room. My mommy was feeling really lousy because her grandparents had come to visit and my other mommy was upset because she can't find a job, so instead they went shopping with giftcards that mommy forgot she had and got me some stuff. First thing they did was take away my cage. I mean, it wasn't really doing any good anyway. It was one of those little cages and it was never shut. It was just a place to hold a litterbox. And then they got me a waterer thing. I like the bowl and the big blue bottle to put water in. It feels so grown up. And they got me the cutest hay rack. It's a hamper! With a lid, so I don't hop in. And it's lime green! I love plucking hay out of the holes of it.

In all, I'm a grown up bunny now and am finally being treated like it (seriously humans, it took two years!).

Mommy says I've gotta get off the computer. She has a filibuster to go support and can't keep supervising my typing time!

Yay for re-new-vations! I got some new digs too, kinda. Momma moved me to the "living room" because they made loud noises and made the kitchen look all weird and different, so now there's a cabinet where my home used to be. Momma's really happy that she has counter space, which is really useless for bunnies so I'm like big whoop. BUT there is also a special MONTY cabinet where my stuff is kept, and that makes it feel like I own something :) Good luck to your hoomans! I don't understand these "job" things anyway. All they do is interfere with playtime and snuggles :mad:

Lots of changes around here. My humans are starting to pack up the apartment. They're doing it in little spurts at a time. They got the new place last night but have 11 days to move. Mommy took all the books off all three bookshelves in her room. She used about 17 shopping bags to put them in. She also took down all the posters off the wall. I really liked the 1960s poster she got from her grandmother, but she took it to the hallway.

I've been getting more and more nervous that they're just going to forget to take all my stuff, or forget me! I don't like to let mommy out of my sight. She went to go watch an episode of LA Ink on netflix this morning and I stood by the gate and thumped until she brought me out with her. I sat on the couch and snuggled and we watched tattooing shows together. She told me she's going to have to go work for a professor in a minute, but I'm snuggled up with her on the chair and don't want her to leave.

On the plus side, she said I have a big space at the new place, and that they're going to bunnyproof it all for me!

More later, once we move. Got some suitcases to go sit in so mommy packs me up too!

Awh Q-tip your own room! Thats exciting! Can't wait for the updates. Hmmm... your mommies went to Alaska and you didn't bother to post their pictures?! :(

Think you could dig them up? Although they may already be packed up... :lookaround

I everybunny, I'm in my new house.
You know, Mommy never did put the Alaska pictures on her computer. She doesn't have a flash drive, and they're all on my other mommy's computer. She really needs to find a flashdrive so she can do that.

So now the moment you've all been waiting for: the new apartment. It's a big, one bedroom apartment with a nice sized living room and a huge walk in closet that is where my litterbox and hay and water stay. I have run of the entire thing when someone is home, but when they're not, they shut the doors to the main part and let me have the closet, the bathroom, and the bedroom. I've picked out my favorite napping spot under the end table between the couch and giant bean bag chair. I also like to hang out on the back of the couch, like a cat.
I've started to sleep in Mommy's bed. The first night or two in the new place, I slept on my monster blanket on the floor in the bedroom, but after that I hopped up and slept on the foot of the bed. I think my mommies are amused by that. I'm not used to mommy having a bed, so I'm having fun hopping all over it. Usually she just slept on the floor with a pillow. At one point she had an air mattress. Now she's got a really low to the ground ikea bed.
The one thing I'm not used to here are the apartment noises. I won't go in the kitchen, or the bathroom really, because of the floor, but the kitchen noises still scare the fluff out of me. I don't mind the noises that my mommies think would freak them out, like the toilet flushing or the garbage disposal running, but I HATE the sound of putting away dishes, or clinking spoons together. I get scared and hop back to my monster blanket. My mommies call me a giant fraidy cat, but I'm nowhere near as scared of stuff as the cat. He's afraid of his own shadow.I like my shadow. I try to catch it.

Anyway, Mommy needs to do some research for her job so she can make a little money this week, and then she has to look up cars since they need a second one so she can get a real job.

Just wanted to let you bunnies know I'm settled in and love my new house!

Yay! Dang, I can't let Monty see that you have your own room. She'll insist on her own, since she's like three Q-tips! She does really love her playpen, and on weekends she gets to hop all over the apartment as long as she's good. It's not bunny proof, but she's too big to explore the most dangerous spots.

~ Holy Hand Grenade, that's a huge bunny!

Q here. Quick update: trying to convince Mommy to get the app to upload pictures of me.
I'm about to have to go to mommy's old roommate's house for the day. The people are coming to get rid of ants in the apartment, and I can't be home. We're going to set my run up in the roommate's girlfriend's room because she's not home. I like her. I wish she was going to be there. Then my other mommy will go pick me up after work and bring me home.
I'll be back later, hopefully with pictures.

Latest posts

Back