Q-tip has two mommies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something came in the mail for me today. It's really big. Mommy called it an x-pen. I'm not really sure what it does. Right now it's in a case on her floor. I sniffed at the case, and it doesn't smell like anything.
Mommy said she'll set it up tonight and I can watch a movie in the living room. I'm usually not allowed in the living room because her roommate has all sorts of wires from game systems. I like this x-pen thing already!

yaaaaaaay Tipster! Here's to more room in the living room. X-Pens are really easy to get out of. You're small enough you can squeeze through where it connects. Scaling it is a breeze as well. Just jump where it connects also. It's the easiest. Plus you can rattle the whole thing which really drives parents insane. Enjoy your new pen!

-Shya

Hey Shya-
You're a mischievous little bunny. I like you! Well, my mommy's apartment is REALLY small. She and her roommate tried to set up the pen thing yesterday but couldn't figure out how to get to the kitchen. So they watched a movie instead and I stayed in my room (but I get a whole room to myself anyway...well except when mommy's sleeping...then I have to share)and played with my toys. Mommy promised to figure out a way to make it work.

She said she wants to make it fence off the living room but allow me to go into the hallway so that I can come and go to my litter box. But...then she can't get to the kitchen. Oh well, no food for her.

Well, mommy is in the middle of this thing called "exam week". She told me it means she's got over 80 pages of writing to do in the next few weeks (I like watching the paper come out of the printer, but I think after 30 pages at once, it might be a little boring). What it means for me: she's here a lot to snuggle. But....she's always on her computer thing so I don't find much time to write.

She's been putting up that x-pen for me as a gate to her room. I love that I can watch when people come and go from the house. It means I get extra treats, too, because I'm visible. Last night, her roommate and his girlfriend were petting me and she kept giving me raisins because she was eating them. I like the pen thing! Tonight, we're taking it over to mommy's friend's house, so I can have a playdate.

It's just a quick update for now...I need to go lick mommy's feet until she gives me my breakfast (she's ticklish, so it usually works to get her moving).

Well, I was right. This "exam" thing sucks. There's always paper coming out of the printer, but mommy doesn't let me chase it like she usually does. She said it has to look nice. She's also got papers spread out all over the place. Her desk looks like my litterbox! Every night, she'll sit on the floor with me and a take her highlighter and write on her papers. I like to steal the highlighter from her when she puts it down and hide with it. I also like to eat the sticky notes that she puts in her books. As long as I don't pull them out of the books, it's okay.

But I'm ready to have my mommy's attention back. I've been being a brat to see what I can get away with. I feel like half the time, she doesn't even notice that I'm being bad, or just gives me a half-hearted "no!". What's the fun in being bad if I don't get attention? So I'm having to step up my game. This morning, I woke mommy up at 7 to dig on her pillow.

Last night though, was my favorite. I got mad because I was ready for bed and she was still reading. So I thumped for my goodnight kiss. Mommy had just put on chapstick. It smelled like beeswax. I wanted to see what it tasted like. She went to give me my kisses, and instead of kissing her nose like I'm supposed to, I sniffed at her chapstick lip and....well, I had to taste it. So I nipped her. Thankfully she found it funny. Especially because the chapstick tasted gross. That's the last time I bite for that stuff.

Ooh, the printer's warming up. Gotta get ready to chase something else....this one's a reading, so I can "help" it!

Poor abused Q-tip. We'll be in your neck of the woods next month. You should come visit with Shya. She likes trouble as well and you'll get all kinds of attention. Especially if you like sitting in laps! Just be patient and hopefully mom passes all of her exams. Good luck!

Shya will be in Austin??? My mommy wants to meet this devious ball of fur (and maybe even capture her as a playmate for me!).

Mommy is being SO boring with all of these exams. I'm stretching out in funny positions to try to freak her out and get her attention. I keep trying to see what she's reading, but she won't let me!

Lots to update. Mommy is almost done with this exam week thing. It's been SO boring around here. She just sits around and reads and writes!
Last week, my other mommy came up to visit for the weekend. I had fun grooming her pant legs when she walked. It's funny to watch the humans groom each other. They're not as good at it as bunnies are. All they do is hold hands. If someone tried to groom me by holding my paw...well, that's a lousy grooming.
But we had fun playing with my toys. And my other mommy bought a big bunch of organic carrots at a farmer's market....but they still had the tops on. So mommy is eating the carrots, and I get the green part!

Then, on Wednesday, mommy had this thing called a conference. I don't really get it. I know she's been planning it all semester, and she said something about having to present a paper (was that the paper I helped her print? I think so....it's got little bunny teeth marks in it!). So she was gone with this thing all day Wednesday, but when she came back home late at night, she had a really cool surprise. She said some of the food had come garnished with fruit and edible flowers. So she brought me home a few flowers to eat. They were purple! I was going to eat them all....but she ate one! Right out of the bag! Right in front of me!

And then last night, I was taking a nap when mommy got home. She came over to my cardboard box and gave me a kiss, and then I went back to sleep. I guess while I was sleeping, she hung something over my cage. Two somethings. She called them "art". Her friend had made them. They were pretty, I guess, but I did not like them hanging over my cage ONE BIT. I thumped and thumped and thumped for over half an hour until mommy figured out why I was thumping. She took down the paintings (but hung them in the bathroom instead...)and I was happy again. Now she calls me her little art critic.

Mommy will be done with her last paper on Monday. And on Thursday, we're going home to be with my other mommy and that weird kitten thing for the summer. But until then, she's working too hard. And she's kicking me off the computer so she can go back to writing.

Mommy is packing up my stuff! Not fair! I like to have my stuff in particular places!

Yesterday, she took out her suitcase. I know what that means. The little blue bag means we're going home, so I hopped in my travel carrier. She laughed and told me we weren't leaving yet. But I didn't feel like coming out of the carrier, so I stayed in it until she put the bag back in the closet.

We're coming back up in two weeks for my first birthday. We're going to have a birthday party. Mommy's roommate and her friends are going to come to feed me.

Right now, I'm helping mommy pack. She's tying socks together, I'm playing with them. I'm getting lots of snuggles before the drive tomorrow.

Awww Q-tip you are such a sweet and good girl. Glad the school thing is finally on hold for awhile as you deserve everyone's undivided attention! Don't worry about the art thing. Most of the time I dont get it either.

Hi everyone! I'm back! It's been a really fun summer. I made friends with that kitten thing. He's mean to the humans, but he's nice to me. He knows who's boss: me! If he started to mess with me, I beat him up.
It was nice to have time with my mommies...both of them together. They worked all day, but when they got home at night, they'd take me out of my palace and give me snuggles. I did lots of binkies every night. Momma (that's my other mommy, not the one I live with in the apartment) gave me lots of treats. I got basil every night! It made me so happy that I binkied tons of times.
We got back up to the apartment today. The car ride wasn't so bad because it wasn't so hot. Mommy had the window rolled down a little because I like the whoosh sound of air. From Waco to Austin, I made her listen to classical music, which I love. It was better than the spoken word poetry CDs she had me listening to! It was a loud, fun trip. I charmed the lady at the toll booth. She looked over and said "is that a cat?" and then she saw me and it was all "oooh, it's a bunny! She's so precious!" There was no one in line behind mommy for the toll so the lady asked her my name. Mommy told her and she said "Hi Qtip!" I wanted to see her so I put my nose against the front of the carrier to get a good look. If humans could melt from cuteness, I think that would have melted her. Mommy called me a charmeybunny and took me back to the apartment. We're back now, and I've got the new wood tunnel toy that mommy's best friend sent me for mommy's birthday. SO I've got my toys and I'm happy.

Plus, Momma's coming up tomorrow to help mommy find a bed. Right now she's nesting on the floor....it makes it too easy for me to play bed monster! I love it!!

Anyway, more later.

Update! Apparently over the summer, all of my boyfriends moved to different grocery stores. So when Mommy went to the grocery store to get me some greens the other day, she met a new boyfriend for me. This one doesn't know what I like so he gave me some new stuff to try. Know what he gave me? A few brussel sprouts! I wasn't really sure what to do with it at first. I picked it up and played with it like a toy. It was fun to throw around. But while I did that, I got a taste of it! My goodness! It was delicious! I wasn't sure how to eat it, but I knew I wanted to. I tried to figure out how to peel the outer layers. I got a few, but that was just too much work, so finally I just stepped on it to hold it still and started gnawing. That wasn't quite as much fun though, so I played with it in between bites. A healthy veggie toy! Yum! Mommy said I can only have one a day though.

In other news, the bird got his wings trimmed yesterday. Now he can't fly into my room! He still likes to jump off his cage and walk into the living room though. He did it this afternoon, and was wandering into mommy's bathroom instead, but mommy and her roommate were watching a movie, so they didn't notice. So I took matters into my own paws and hopped out to alert mommy's roommate. I nudged him with my nose and started pulling on his slippers. When I hopped over to the doorway, mommy decided they should follow me. There was the bird, sitting on mommy's closet floor! They were very proud of me! I got a banana chip. The bird didn't!

Haha bird. They're very sneaky you have to watch them. The Goffins Cockatoo that I have to share the house with is like that. She is my arch-nemesis. I ,Shya great huntress that I am, like to beat up on her. You do have to watch that beak thing though. She got me in the ear once and pulled out a whisker. She payed for it later. Kai is terrified of her so I always have to go rescue his big butt too. So glad you're back though. Missed you while you were gone. We should be partners in crime.
Heh Heh Heh

I learned something fun tonight. Mommy has this machine on the floor under her desk. Sometimes, I'd hop up on it and sit there, and sometimes Mommy would make pieces of paper run through it. I love to watch the pieces of paper run through. I try to chase them when they do.

Tonight though, I figured out something even better than the papers. I can sit on top of the machine and step on the side until one of the buttons lights up! And then it makes lots of funny noises and the lights flash! And then it stops, so I step on the button again and make all the noises and lights go dark. But of course, it's boring when it's dark, so I step on it again to make them go again!

Mommy is sitting here laughing at me. She says "Qtip, you learned how to turn on the printer!" I guess that's what this thing is...a printer. I'm not sure what it does, but I think it's my new toy! If only I could make the paper run through it....

This weekend, we went to visit my other mommy. Mommy said something about an anniversary...I'm not really sure what it means, but she said there have been five of them....we stopped on the way to pick up five orange roses. I wanted to nom them, but mommy wouldn't let me.

It was fun to see the kitty again. He's super big. I'm used to being the only monster around!

Mommy got something called a hay bale. I'm not sure what it is but it took her seven huge trashbags to get it back to the apartment. She gave me a new type of hay out of one of the trash bags and it's nummy! I like it a lot.

I had a fun weekend, but I'm glad to be back to my apartment. Mommy said we may go back in a few weeks, though. My other mommy started a new job today and she will be traveling a lot, so mommy wants to visit before she's gone for three months in October. I don't mind, because I like playing with the kitty. Also, my other mommy is really generous with the oats.....

Hey Q-tip, We have a hay bale here to. We are not allowed to get to it but sometimes we do anyway. You should try and get to it cause guess what.......Its a giant piece of hay 1 million times bigger then you. Even when you stand up you won't be as tall as "hay bale"

I'm sure trying. Mommy keeps it in bags in the closet, but I can smell it, and it smells GOOD! I'm just waiting for her to leave the closet door open while she picks out her clothes to teach tomorrow and I'm going to jump in one of the bags!

Mommy is doing something called "grading". I don't understand it. She has about 50 papers...each one is about 6 pages long. That's a lot of paper to nom. She left to go get a drink (the grownup type that she doesn't share with me) from the kitchen, and I took a bite out of one of the title pages. I wanted to see what all the fuss was! Mommy kept writing things on them with a pen that looked like food (it's green!). Mommy came back in the room and saw me nomming at the corners of one of the papers and put me in time out. She told me that I just had to pick one of her least favorite students to nom. I'm not sure what a student is, or why mommy likes some of them and not others.

She was talking to her roommate and said "now I have to tell them that the rabbit ate their homework!" I'm going to try to sneak back to the desk and nom another one later. How do I know which one is a favorite student? I guess I'll have to taste a few more to know which one I like the best. The one I ate tasted just fine to me!!

Back