Q-tip has two mommies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm grounded again. Mommy was good at moving the chair so I couldn't get onto the desk, but I figured out a new way to get up there (but shh...don't tell her. she doesn't know what it is yet). I ate a little bit of gum. And some trail mix. Mommy was more upset about the gum.

It didn't taste good. It was spicy. Have any of you eaten gum before??

I've been a good girl the past few days. I've been sleeping in my box next to mommy's bed and haven't been eating her hair at night (well, grooming, but she says "Q, stop eating my hair!")

I realized something tonight. Four nights a week, mommy goes to a place called "work". When she comes home, she always brings me a little bit of fresh fruit. Today when she got home, I was waiting by the door for her. She gave me two strawberry tops and a little piece of mango. I bet if I beg, she'll give me more strawberry tops. I love strawberry tops. And pineapple cores. But she said there were no pineapple cores today. Every once in a while, she brings me kiwi skin. I don't like the fuzzy part, but I love to eat the kiwi from the top of it and then throw the brown fuzzy part around the room until mommy takes it away from me.

Next week, mommy's best friend is coming to visit. She's never met me and is really excited. She's coming all the way from the east coast...mommy told me that's really far away. I'm going to get SO many treats!

I'm going to go stare at the basil plant some more...maybe one day I'll be able to reach it!

Mommy went to the food store after class today, and my boyfriend gave me lots of fun green stuff.
I should probably clarify that statement, shouldn't I? I have a boyfriend. Actually, I have two. They're both human. They work at the food store. One of them has a crush on mommy, so he's nice to me. The other has bunnies of his own, so he's nice to me. Both of them give me bags of green stuff every time mommy goes in. Today, it was the boyfriend with bunnies. I like him, but I like my other boyfriend better (although mommy prefers this guy, because he won't ask for her phone number). He gave me cilantro, parsley, three types of lettuce, kale, and radishes. All for free! I've never had a radish before, but he said his bunnies eat them all the time.

My other boyfriend knows all my favorite foods, and all the stuff I don't like (spinach...blech). Rather than going into the back and taking whatever is going to be composted, he pulls leaves right off of the stalks for me. He knows all my favorites, and breaks the green parts off of carrots and everything (I don't like carrots, but I love the green).

I'm happy though, because now I have lots of treats. And mommy is reminding me that since her best friend will be here in three days, I'm going to get so many treats and so much snuggling. She even told me that Sunday night, they're throwing a little party at our apartment so her other friends can see me again. I like those friends. They sneak me table food. I'm a very happy bunny right now. Mommy is actually getting ahead on her work for once (she does something she calls "procrastinating"....I don't quite get it) in preparation for this weekend, and she told me that tomorrow, she'll have lots of time to snuggle with me.

I always need more bunny boyfriends, so sure!

I had such a good weekend!! Mommy's friend was here and she kept wanting to do photo shoots. So she got to give me lots of cilantro so I'd do cute poses. I told mommy she has to get some of these pictures online. I got lots of snuggles and treats. I was not happy that she went home. I've been all nippy at mommy today because I'm not getting the steady supply of treats.

Sunday night, some of mommy's other friends came over. I put on quite the show for them. I was the center of attention. I did all sorts of cute tricks, and ran around a lot. They tired me out, for sure! I slept through the night.

My favorite trick was taking a stuffed animal of mommy's grad school mascot and throwing it and shaking it and attacking it. Her friends thought that was so funny and cute. I was glad to continue as long as they were laughing. That was a long time. Now life is boring without company. I mean, I love mommy and all but she's so busy with school that she doesn't get to give me around-the-clock oats like I'd want...then again, she told me I can't have around-the-clock oats anyway.

Oh! And today, for Valentine's day, my other mommy called and told mommy that she wanted me to get a present. And so she told mommy to cut out a piece of paper like a heart and put treats on it. She did! It was yummy!!

Glad you got a present, we got a present too we got some milk drops they was nummy wish we could have had more but mummy says it's not good to have too much :biggrin:

Hi everyone. I'm sorry I haven't written much lately. Mommy has been monopolizing the computer doing homework and attempting a 30 day blog challenge (I'm trying to tell her that it doesn't work if it takes you months to get through it, but really it's 'cause I want my typing time back). And she moves the chair away from the computer when she's not home so I can't write then.
I've been really snuggly the past few days. Mommy keeps telling me "Tippy, you're getting underfoot", but secretly I know she loves having me follow her everywhere (okay it's not so much of a secret...she keeps bending down and kissing my ears and saying "you're so cute when you do that".

I've found a new pastime...tormenting the parrot. I go over under his cage and binky. It scares him so bad! He thinks I'm a cat, so he's not used to me jumping. It makes him go "SQUAWK!!!!" really loud, which I think is funny. Plus, I like to hang out under his cage because he drops a lot of yummy food.

I'm still sleeping in mommy's chair next to her bed at night. I know she wishes I'd hop in bed with her, but the chair is more fun because I can hop between chair and bed (or her head) really easily. It's fun! But I try to sleep because I know mommy thinks it's cute when I sleep there. Sometimes I'll snuggle in bed, but I like the chair the best.

I just had to say that I have a new favorite treat...smoothies! Mommy works in a frozen yogurt shop and is always bringing home goodies. I can never eat those goodies (except Sunday night when she brings me a little fruit as a treat). Yesterday before she left, she made herself a smoothie. She told me she didn't put any yogurt or protein powder in it like usual so that I could have a sip.

She finished the smoothie and then gave me the lid of the cup to play with. I went to go pick it up, and it tasted like banana!! I licked it clean and then begged for the straw. I cleaned that off too. Mommy tried to give me the cup, but I tried to squeeze in it to lick the bottom of it, and got my ears all fruity, so she told me to be happy with the treats I got.

I hope she does that again soon. It was yummy.

Mommy wanted me to tell you that it was mango, strawberry, and banana and that it's a delicious combination.

Tonight, Mommy ordered me something called NIC panels. She got them sent to my other mommy's house, since we're going to be there in a week. She said they're for me. I hope they taste good. She was making lots of phone calls to see if places have them, and finally after about ten places said no, she said a bad word and ordered them online. I sat on her lap and watched them. I don't quite understand them, though. I don't need my closet organized....

When Mommy went to the pet store today, she got me more hay, and also got me one of my favorite agave wood chews. I don't let her come back from the pet store without a chew toy. I begged for it when she came in with the hay (I knew what the hay store means....it means I get a toy!), and she gave it to me and then went and made herself a baked potato. When she came back in ten minutes she asked me "Tippy, where's your toy?" I showed her the rind was all that was left. She was amazed that I ate it that fast. What can I say? It's my favorite!

I'm excited to go see my other mommy next week. Mommy said something about her and my other mommy going camping for a day or two. My grandmommy will take care of me. She always overfeeds me, so I don't mind at all. Mommy gets a week off school, and my other mommy gets a week off work (we hope). That's lots of time to play with me. Mommy said they have a lot of work to do around the house, but I don't mind because they'll be home which means on breaks, I'll get snuggles.

My other mommy has already told me that she's going to let me eat oats and sit on the couch and watch American Idol with her. Mommy doesn't like TV (I'm not really sure what a TV is....I looked around our house but didn't see one), but my other mommy lets me do lots of things that mommy doesn't let me do, so my guess is watching American Idol is one of those things that mommy doesn't like to do. Maybe she'll sit with us on the couch with one of those yummy books she likes to read and I can nibble the corners while I eat my oats.

I'm a happy bunny. Oh, also, I got another new toy. Mommy's daddy sent it to me in the mail. He got two and gave one to my sister, Smokey. It's a pop up cat cube. It's got three doors! I can pick it up and move it around the room all by myself because it's light. I love it.

Mommy says computer time is up. We have to go to bed...but first, groomygroomies!!!

Aww, Sunnbunny, you have a real blog? I wanted mommy to make me a blog, but she has her own and said I can have this one.

I'm glad you like my blog. I write to entertain buns like you.

Nice to meet other bunnies with two mommies. I'm going to tell mommy to follow your blog so I can see pictures of you whenever you post them!

As an aside, I'm still shedding. Mommy says "Q-tip, you're getting me fluffy!!" My other mommy bought me a brush. We're going to visit her on Thursday and I was told I'm going to get the grooming of my life. I HATE being brushed!

I did something cute tonight (well, I'm always cute, but it made mommy giggle, although she scolded me). She was sitting in the chair writing her homework, and I came and sat on her lap like I always do. I was grooming her and being sweet, and just when she least expected it...I streeeeeetched...and grabbed the bag of apple chips. I meant to run away with it, but I grabbed the bag by the wrong side, and spilled chips all over the floor. In retrospect, that was a much better idea. Mommy was trying to processed what had happened (she's got a really slow reaction time!) and clean the apple chips off the floor, and I was helping.

When we got some back in the bag (and some in my tummy), I hopped back up onto mommy's lap and started grooming her. She laughed and told me I was a bad bunny and gave me kisses, so I know she didn't mind too much.

Also, I feel sort of bad about the shedding. Mommy goes to kiss me, and ends up with a mouthful of fluff.

Ooof! I just took a break from writing this to go do a zoom around the room. I hopped up on the air mattress that mommy sleeps on, and I didn't realize she'd refilled it. I was standing a little too close to the edge and slipped off! I was so surprised. I was trying to get back up but was sliding off the side. I must have looked really funny because mommy was laughing really hard. She told me I looked really startled. Now I'm back on her lap, typing though. I'm going to go convince her I want a snuggle session before bed. She needs to stop this "homework" stuff.

Mommy bought me a brush. She finally said "enough is enough" and that I was shedding all over everything. So she got me a brush. I'm NOT happy. She gave me a strawberry, and while I ate it, she brushed me! How could she??? I was so hopping mad! I kept trying to eat the brush (once I finished my strawberry). Is she going to do this every day? It sucks!!

Also, tomorrow, we're going to my other mommy's house. We'll be gone for a week and a half. They're going to build me an NIC cage...which is good, because my other mommy couldn't get off work (mommy was crying last night because she was upset about that....I guess she was supposed to take off work to play with me...and do stuff around the house). I felt bad that mommy was upset, but her tears got her shirt collar all salty, so I licked it for hours.

I can't wait for my new cage!! They're going to get me lots of toys! Mommy said something about a new toy for herself too. A phone, I think she called it. It's the thing she holds in my face every night and I can hear my other mommy in it. I don't quite understand how it works. I've tried to eat the buttons to see if I can find her in the little box, but I can't. But mommy is getting a new one. So is my other mommy. I wonder how my other mommy will get out of the phone....

Well, well, well. It's been a while, bunnyfriends (and any humans that may be reading). Mommy and I went to my other mommy's for Spring break. I'm not quite sure what a Spring break is, but we got a whole week of one. Mommy said she wished it was longer, but I had fun.

When we got home on Thursday night, my mommies started putting something together. They made it look like a playpen. They let me sit in it while they were building it, but I didn't like it because the floors were wire. Mommy said I had to wait until tomorrow to get some wood for it.

They put me back in my little cage that night, and then they went away all day, like they do when they're there (mommy says something about work....but I thought work was where mommy goes at night when she brings me home yummy treats...I didn't know people do work during the daytime). When they got home that night, they had a big piece of wood. They were laughing as they came in. I didn't quite understand what was so funny. Supposedly it was raining, so they couldn't put the wood in mommy's truck, so she had to sit with it on the front seat for the 40 minute ride home. She said she was squished under it, but she'd do that for me.

But they finally finished building the thing that night. It was a big, huge cage!! I love it! I spent lots of time jumping between the levels. And then the next day, they got me some new toys to put in it. I got some really cool ones. I'll try to get mommy to upload them from her new phone thing (she says it's smart and she can't figure it out. I'm smart. I bet I could get it).

So I had a fun week of bouncing around in my new cage. My other mommy gave me lots of snuggles. I got to sit on the couch and watch American Idol with her (I didn't like it much). I'm still shedding though, so the whole house is covered in a thin layer of fluff.

This morning when mommy went to bring me home, I had a little bit of a scare. My cage fell apart (not my new cage, my old little one) when mommy was taking it out to the truck, and I took a tumble onto some soft green stuff. I was too startled to hop or eat the green stuff or anything! Mommy gave me lots of nose kisses when she got me in the truck finally. She was glad I hadn't tried to hop away. Silly mommy...it was dark and my eyesight isn't good. I wasn't going to go far.

Now we're back home in Austin and I've got the whole room to myself again. I"m doing lots of binkies and I think I"m going to jump on mommy's head ALL NIGHT because I'm so happy to be home.

Hi bunnies and humans! It's been a while since I've written. Mommy doesn't let me on the computer when she's not home, and when she is home, she's always busy at the computer doing her homework stuff, so I never get to type.
Last night, mommy and her roommate had a dinner party. They had about 15 people over. That meant 15 people to give me treats! Mommy let me into the living room for a little while, and I hopped around at everyone's feet saying hi. I got lots of leaves of basil, some strawberry tops and even a little bite of blackberry.
They were having this party to introduce the new people who are in mommy's grad school program for next year, and so there were a few people I didn't know. One of them was really interesting. She had these funny things in her hair...mommy called them "dreadlocks". I'd never seen them before, but I wanted to! I hopped up onto the couch next to her, stole a blackberry off her plate, and then hopped onto the back of the sofa, where I HAD to taste her hair. It smelled so good! The dreadlocks were fun to groom! She thought I was adorable and gave me basil and snuggled me for a while.

I'm still shedding, though, so everything is full of fur. Mommy said I was getting all the party guests fluffy. None of them minded.

Oh! I forgot to tell you! Mommy got me this new carrying cage thing so that I don't have to travel in my big cage anymore. We're going to my other mommy's next weekend for her birthday, so I get to ride in my new carrier. I'm excited because it means I get to sit in the front seat of the truck, for once, instead of in the back seat. Now I can see out the window!

Also, my other mommy said there's a new family member. He's a kitten. I'm not really sure what a kitten is, but supposedly he's pretty fluffy too. I can't wait to meet my first kitten!!

Hi everyone. I'm back from my other mommy's house. I have so much to tell you.

We got in Thursday night. Mommy put me in my new carrier. I protested a little but really, that was just for show. I didn't mind so much. I even got to ride in the front seat of the car! I could see mommy and I could see out the window at the same time. It was really cool.

When we got back to the house, I decided I really wanted some attention. Mommy was busy getting things ready for when my other mommy got home from work, and I was hopping around my big NIC cage. I waited until they got ready for bed and when mommy went to feed me, I started hopping weird. I sort of had a cramp in my back, so I was just trying to get comfy. Mommy FLIPPED out. She got on the phone with all sorts of vets, and found out that the closest bunny vet was 2.5 hours away.

It was about 9:30 at night (they get up at 5:30 for work). We hopped in the car and rushed me to the vet. We got stuck in really bad traffic on the way, so it took over 3.5 hours to get there. Mommy cried almost the whole way there. She was really worried! I felt really bad. I snuggled her hand the whole drive.

We got to the vet and when mommy let me out in the room that we waited in, I was hopping around charming all the vet techs like normal. When the vet came in, she told them that I seemed fine, and advised them from doing any risky tests on me (whew!). We got in the car to go home, and it was like 3:30 when we got there. I passed out and went to sleep.

The other thing I wanted to tell you is that my other mommy has this...thing now. Mommy calls it a kitten. I wanted to play with it, but it was scared of me. It was this little ball of orange fur! It looked so playful! I kept sniffing at him, but he ran away every time. I hope we get to be friends once he grows up.

That was my weekend. Now I'm back home in the apartment and getting ready for a nap in my box.

Tippy your so bad for putting your mom through that! Glad everything is ok. No amount of coffee could have gotten me through that day. Kudos to your mom if she even went to work!

My mommies did go to work...and then that day was my other mommy's birthday (I'm not sure what all this birthday fuss is yet...I haven't had one yet) and they said it was a big one, so then they went out for dinner and drinks together afterwards. Mommy said it was a date. I didn't get to go...that was sad.
They didn't get much sleep all weekend. That little orange kitten thing wasn't too thrilled about mommy sleeping in the bed. It kept jumping on her head and playing with her hair all night. I just sat there and watched him. It was funny! Mommy didn't think so. She is drinking lots of something called green tea (I looked in her mug...it doesn't look green!).

Back