Bunny Yard Sale / Meet Up This Sat/Sun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've moved the UVic discussion into the Task Force VIP area and made Christina and Aaryn Task Force members. :) (April is a VIP and can see that room, anyway).

I don't know if I'll move this whole thread in there. :ponder: (Crappy software won't let us move single posts, only the whole thread or nothing).

sas

Oh crud, you're right April. For some strange reason I kept thinking that Sunday was July 31 but... Oh never mind. So 7am ferry is what we're aiming for.

Sas, earlier in the day will be better since I need to be at Bridgeport Station around 2pm to pick up my lookalike's UVic student ID.

April, do you need any litterboxes from Daiso while I'm in Richmond?

I have an 36" x-pen that I can bring as well for anyone who might like to use it.

More cool news: we might be adding another set of hands (and even maybe two!) to the team. Transportation has been taken care of as well because they will be taking transit with their friend who is a legitimate UVic student who actually needs to be back at UVic early Sunday morning. Happy coincidences!

Oh woah, I just noticed I'm all mauve-y! Thanks! =)

Hey I don't think I have time for a pen building session. I'm going to see about getting more nic cubes tomorrow. My mom said it's okay if I bring one here until I can find room for him or her in a shelter. I'm actually so excited I've been thinking of boy and girl names for bunnies! And thanks April for letting me borrow the xpen! The earliest ferry on the 1st is at 7 am. I was thinking about parking my car in the long term parking lot, but I'm not too sure. It would be nicer to take the Richmond people with me and sort out of the new buns living quarters.
Aaron, are you bringing enough zap straps on the trip over?

I've moved 4CMs organizing thread into the Task Force, it's here where only the TF members can see it.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=59892&forum_id=102

Any personal info like phone numbers, addresses, finances or whatever should definitely go in there, as should any references to removing feral bunnies -- not that we will be doing that!!!

Everybody should note that we're only targeting abandoned domestics like Sidney and the babies and/or ailing rabbits as discussed, we're not going to be trapping and removing any feral rabbits.

:thanks:

Sas, it's just occurred to me that I have a NIC cage sitting in Surrey that I can bring out to use pretty well intact. Unfortunately it won't arrive until after I come back in the evening tomorrow but I'm sure we can make all the adjustments required sometime after we return.

Christina, you're now the only one from Richmond! Sammi's had to duck out on this one. We still have to drop by her place when we return to pick up the cages and x-pens though. Hopefully she won't mind. =)

I'll be bringing a medium-sized cooler full of ice packs and bottled water which we can use to store food as well. I've got a package of zip-ties/zap-straps but you're welcome to bring your own too just to cover our bases, Christina.

Can you think of anything else that we need?

(Also, holy crap! I have an entire sub-forum to myself!)

4cm wrote:
Sas, earlier in the day will be better since I need to be at Bridgeport Station around 2pm to pick up my lookalike's UVic student ID.
Do you want to go straight from my place to Richmond? It's only 15 o 20 minutes up Granville or Cambie (or Oak). We can do a fast 90 minute 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM session, or try for 10 or 11 AM and get elaborate, whatever works for you. ;)

sas

Anything works. How about I come over around 11am?

Is there a parking spot I can use? Or I can always use transit. I guess it depends on when I intend on leaving. =)

4cm wrote:
Sas, it's just occurred to me that I have a NIC cage sitting in Surrey that I can bring out to use pretty well intact. Unfortunately it won't arrive until after I come back in the evening tomorrow but I'm sure we can make all the adjustments required sometime after we return.

That works too, I'm easy.

I have a corner that I think will take a 2x2 panel footprint, would be nice to build it high, a three story job instead of two.

There's always room for an NIC cage on top of Mikey's, but that will take a bit of doing.

I don't know for sure who or what bunnies will be using it, so it's all spec.

I have an x-pen as well, I'll just make sure I have cardboard box or two with holes in them, I'm sure somebunny will be happy there.

I also have three cardboard 'tunnel' things -- one is a peed-on, chewed up round pipe style, another is a long rectangular box with a 1'x1' entrance, and another is a triangular rabbit specific play toy model (I forget what it's called) , wondering if I should bring one of them, it maybe a plan to flush a bunny into a tunnel in an x-pen, they'll feel more secure.

I'll be grabbing carrot tops and other treats from Capers and Robson Market. Not sure what do do about lunch, maybe a few phony ham sandwiches (or potato salad if I really get industrious), but I don't think I have a cooler, don't trust the mayo, would there be room in yours? Bunny veggies may take priority. ;)

s

The cooler should be able to fit quite a bit, I think. The ice packs are really more for the rabbits and are small. The rest is going to be water bottles (which doesn't necessarily need to be cold but it's refreshing - I'll be freezing half of these overnight) so there should be enough room for quite a bit of food.

Potato salad should be perfectly fine as long as you eat it before 2pm. =P

Oh! We need water crocks! Must be heavy so they don't tip over while we're cruising around the campus in the car. You can even freeze it if you're a keener on keeping things cool. I don't have any so hopefully you guys might be able to dredge something up? =)

Bring anything that you think might help but do keep in mind that we're working with an admittedly large (but not that large!) trunk that will be full of carriers among all the other things we've listed previously. That tunnel idea sounds fantastic, Sas. It's definitely worth a try!

I wonder if bunny-scented things would lure them or scare them away?

Should we bring a proper x-pen or just rely on our NIC cube pen?

Hmmm... the x-pen folds up with handles, its heavyish but easy to transport. And it's tall, no bunny will get over it.

Not sure how easy it is to stand up and maneuver. A combo of the two might be good.

But its 2 AM, my place is even more of a disaster than when I started, and I just wanna go to sleep! I'll have to think about all this tomorrow.

:yawn:

No worries. I'll take transit.

I'm starting to have second thoughts about going to Bridgeport since it's not a necessary thing.

Samantha is out =T But I've asked if we could come over Sunday night to pick up the items and she was good with it!

Catching feral rabbits is not in their best interest with us. We're going to be caging them, imprinting, etc. These guys belong in a sanctuary. So catching abandoned domesticated and sick rabbits (and babies for Aaryn's sake =P ) should be our goal!

I'm going to be bringing a large blanket... heehee that's how I catch Spank when he's outside being a bad boy.

I have two hard carriers. One soft carrier. One SPCA cardboard box carrier.

Err.. I also have two dog carriers for transporting multiple bunnies but I don't think they will fit in the car lol.

Hey now, the baby is clearly a first generation harlequin and is so ridiculously people-friendly that it's criminal to leave her behind. D:

She's also getting harassed by the locals and lives under an industrial dumpster full of crushed concrete and old building materials.

I just hope she's still there. :(

I didn't get a reply notification, I could have gone back to sleep without keeping an eye open. ;)

(Sleeping just wasn't the same after my roommate woke me up at 8 AM to borrow my keys).

sas :upsidedown:

Okay everyone! I think I have almost everything. But I just wanted to clarify, how many people are coming? And are we still taking one vehicle?
I made a cage out of nic cubes today. It looks awesome and I'm so excited for tomorrow!
I also picked up an extra bag of hay for the trip. (A bigish one.)
I have 2 carriers. One is a hard cat carrier, the other is a smaller hard one. Should I bring both?
Would there be room in the cooler for my lunch?
As well, what time are we thinking of coming back?
Anyone feel free to text message me, I think I sent it to everyone!

Tina

Anybody have paper plates? I thought I had some but there were only two in the stack! I'll get more if nobody else has any.

I think we're doing one vehicle... Have to check to see how busy the ferries are and if there are any gay pride pick up restrictions, but I expect I'll see Aaryn roughly around 5 AM, should be in Steveston around 6 AM. (Right?)

I'm bringing two hard carriers, three soft ones and an x-pen (I think gloves may be a good idea, hope I have some) and a tunnel or two.

Food wise, I'll have fake ham sandwiches and potato salad for all. (Anybody not like Yves ham, mustard, lettuce and a bit of mayo on their sandwiches?)

I also picked up a few grapes and a bag of potato chips.

I still have to go to Capers for bunny veggies, but they said they'll have a lot. I have some carrot tops from Robson Market, not a lot tho.

Lessee... What else? :ponder:

s

Back