Bunny Yard Sale / Meet Up This Sat/Sun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't =[
Saturday I've got a long shift from 12 - 9 pm.

Any takers for Sunday?

Re: the EARS thing, the people behind that org have a small sanctuary but they can't hold very many. Without the Saanich land, they really don't have anywhere for the rabbits to go.

They already have a ton of money for spays and neuters that will only be spent IF there is a place for the altered rabbits to go, so I think the resources at this stage have to be redirected at finding a large number of small places to set up sanctuaries all over BC and THEN direct any funds towards their support, be it building the housing (from gov't approved plans) to helping feed them if necessary.

The EARS money will go to waste without the space.

Anybody who can help with a campaign that will see putting ads in rural areas and generally spreading the word to people with farms or acreages, that will be the most helpful.

Definitely keep up with donations, but honestly, the land is the most critical right now.

sas :pray:

Sure I can help out on sunday, depending on how Ruby is doing.
She's getting spay on friday.
She'll probably be okay, but just in case!
Either way, I think I'll be there for a couple of hours.
I'll bring my stuff to sell again!

BRB Brainstorming about land ideas.

Tina :bunnybutt:

Tina, I posted in your blog when I saw the awful news about losing Ruby. :tears2:

I was about to set up for a mini-yard sale, I don't think I'll go ahead with it. It will be just too sad.

I really wanted you to bring her to the next one. :(

sas :sad:

Ohhhh no I am so sorry about the loss of Ruby =[ What happened.. =[

I have my Uvic rabbit.. This rabbit is in miserable condition. Aside from being just over 1 lb, severly dehydrated and malnourished... His right back leg is "stuck". He can't turn around, or even strench out because the leg bone is in a fixed position. Along his ankle of this leg is also two hard lumps. So "Sidney" either has cancer, or a sever infection that fused with his leg bone.

Sidney was extremely easy to catch. He is so friendly and tame, and on the car ride home he sat in my lap the whole time licking my arm. He was clearly someone's pet and abandoned to fend for himself.

I'm leaving for Eagle Ridge in about 10 minutes.

I know I shouldn't have another rabbit, but this rabbit really needs someone right now =] And I think he can be a campaign rabbit for the next person who decides to throw out their rabbit.

Hey April,
The vet was just sewing her up after her spay when he her heart stopped beating.
They could not revive her.
There was mass amount of liver fat covering her organs.
A condition, the vet said, she's probably had since she was a baby, but never really took effect until now.
She is being cremated and will be back at home in about 3 weeks..
There is more information about Ruby in my RO Blog

Tina

Oh my gosh.. that is terrible :cry1:I'm so sorry about Ruby :sad:Are you alright?

I didn't get good news at Sidney's vet appointment. He has a severe leg infection that fused into his bone. Pus is surrounding his ankle.Dr. Upjohnsaid amputation is theprobable way out before the infection spreads to other parts of his body, but he'd like to try and save the leg. So Sidney is on a "test". The Uni of Toronto discovered that by combining penacillin and zythromax, this antibiotic fuses into the bone and kills the staph infection. But Sidney's leg infection has been going on for awhile, so we don't know if it will work. Then Sidney will have surgery toflush out his joints and drain the pus. The xrays showed that new bone cells were created from the pre-existing bone cells and fused his joints together. His foot and ankle are fused in a awkward position.. Dr. Upjohn said it was weird. It's starting to affect his hip, and his hip is slowly becoming stiff in an awkward position.

So if all this doesn't work, we need to amputate his right leg =[ I'm shopping for a bunny cart. Sigh.. Dr. Upjohn was really generous with the vet bill today too. He said it was because he appreciated someone sticking up for the uvic bunnies :)

Picture spam!  I hope you don't mind.

Here's a few pictures of Sidney:
DSC00132Small.jpg

Right when we first caught him and put him in the car.

DSC00137Small.jpg

Looking like a stud with a new name.

DSC00136Small.jpg

You can see how his right hind leg is held kind of limply at an awkward angle.  Also note the scratches on April's arm!

DSC00138Small.jpg

Another (better) angle of how he's sitting with his leg.

DSC00135Small.jpg

Leaving Victoria!

Here's a picture of the x-ray I sneaked in from the vet trip from earlier today:
DSC00139Small.jpg

The round, light grey mass surrounding the hock is pus (it's a little difficult to see).  There's also a weird segment of dense matter protruding downwards from the hock located closer to his toes.  The pictures don't do the x-ray justice though since it's difficult to see the fusion of the small bones that allow him to articulate the hock in flicky-feet bunnitude.

For more pictures (although there really isn't much more) that are larger and a little better quality (but not much), go to http://s660.photobucket.com/albums/uu325/4cm_/Sidney/

Awe Sidney looks like such a handsome, sweet little bun!
That's so nice of your vet too April!
I hope all goes well with the test with the two different antibiotics. Zithromax can be pretty hard on the stomach though, I hope it doesn't bother Sidney too much.
I am doing alright, Ruby will always be in my heart.
Though I am carrying a toy of hers in my purse at all times, and I find myself doodling pictures of her. And I still say "goodnight Ruby" when I pass her (now Domino's) room at night. Of course I say goodnight to Domino as well.

Yeah.. any antibiotic or painkiller is hard on the stomach. Just need lots and lots of food!

Sas - I can't find your number! Ahhh. I think it was on my blackberry, and not on my current phone.

Can you call/text me? I have class until 4 pm today. It's the same number you called last week =] If you're having another garage sale, I can bring him. We can show people what happens when you release/abandon your rabbit. He's incredible good about being transported!

I took him to work this morning because the penecillin was too thick for his needles. So at work (where I had to inject him with a larger needle =[ ) we gave him sub q fluids.. but it all came out because poor Sidney is covered in bite marks = holes.

I'm to call Dr. Upjohn next Wednesday and discuss how the penecillin/zirthomax combo is working and to potentially book the surgery to have his leg opened up and cleaned out.

Then if all this doesn't work - as the infection is nearing his hip - then we need to amputate. Whoever abandoned this rabbit deserves to have a good kicking.

[Is anyone up for going to Victoria this Sunday] :biggrin:

There's a baby harlequin living under a dumpster sorta of thing that 4cm is concerned about. And by the library, there is a black and white rabbit that's starting to have head tilt.. it can't run very fast, but it dodged into the forest before we could check him out.

Uvic just euthanized 104 rabbits yesterday =[
And a sanctuary has been found in Texas.

Reschedule that cat-picking and bring your friend with us!

We're cutting the deadline really short as it is - they start mass euthanization starting August and we're going on August 1!

We need all the help we can get!

Apparently there are overnight killing sprees at Uvic. The bodies are "disposed" of by morning. This just makes me so mad.
We should get over there ASAP and pick up who we can. There are a lot of people doing the same thing, but I really hope they don't dump the rabbits elsewhere.

Sorelle - can you come to Uvic on Sunday? And can I bring Sidney over sometime soon =]
Little bugger won't drink water on his own. I have to syringe him water + apple juice by hand, or he won't have it.

Latest posts

Back