Bunny Yard Sale / Meet Up This Sat/Sun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
Hey Greater Vancouverites!

This is another bunny yard sale weekend!! If I have people to help here and there, I can do it both days. (HINT HINT!!)

I have a ton of stuff from my mother's storage locker, my roommates left a lot behind and I have a ton of my own stuff, so I can do a big one in that regard.

I'd like to try raising funds for the Victoria bunnies in addition to the forum.

I'm hoping the VRRA will have a volunteer out to hand out material and chat to people about adoptions. I'm always too busy to be effective. (And I give out my number when I should be getting theirs, we need to be proactive, LOL!)

As always, the bunnies will be out and it will be fun!

PM me for confirmation and the address!!

sas :bunnydance:

Hey Sas,

As you may know already, I volunteer at the VRRA. I don't know if Olga will want someone else to do that though, seeing as how I'm still quite new. But either way I will be there depending on which weekend! (I'm at the rescue on saturday mornings for 4 weeks)

Ps. Are you adopting Ihop?

Tina :bunnybutt:

Hey Tina,

I'm sure Olga would love to have you help out by putting out their brochures, talking about the bunnies in their care and steering people their way for adoptions. But either way, I'd love to have help this weekend even without the VRRA element.

The fundraising effort will probably be a UVic bunnies thing, I'd love to really make an effort for them. There's a definite sanctuary being set up for the UVic rabbits, I'd love to step up that campaign.

Also, people can just sit around and make sure nobody takes their dogs up to meet the rabbits :X or little kids start grabbing them. (I do encourage 'supervised' interaction). More bodies are always welcome! So if you can drop by Saturday after the shelter or Sunday, it would be great. :)

I think this weekend is turning out to be more active than I thought.

sas :)

Sounds great Sas!
I'm seeing Olga today so I'll talk to her about it then and if any other volunteers want to come.
I'm wondering though, are you supposed to bring your bun to this bunny yard sale?
Haha I've never done anything like this before.

Normally it's nice to bring the bunnies for a visit, the yard sales are part 'bunny meet up', but with the UVic fundraiser, the long day and a possible shortage of warm bodies to watch the rabbits (lots of bunnies are here already), it might not be a good idea for this one.

Another weekend may be better for that. :)

(And thanks Larry/Nancy!)

sas :bunnydance:

sas

1199_170432_170000000.gif

Went great today. :) I think we raised close to $200. All the bunnies had a lot of fun and we made a lot of new bunny fans. At least two people want to foster.

Thanks so much to Christina (Basil24), and Lynda and Jodi who answered my Craigslist ad!

And a side note to Tina, I got totally confused about who you were! I must have sounded like a nutbar! Suffice to say that I got my wires crossed, and NOW I realize which Ruby you have, and I would SO love to meet her! (I know a lot of Rubys and Basils, LOL!).

April, definitely could use help tomorrow but would also just like to see you, hope you can make it!

sas

Hey April!
It's Christina from the bunny yard sale!
It went pretty good. We raised enough money to get 7 rabbits fixed!
:highfive:

I was thinking about asking friends and neighbors for donations..
I don't know how they'll take it though. Haha

Awesome!
My birthday is next week, and I've asked all of my friends and family to donate to EARS instead of presents or anything. And everyone was pretty generous in donating =] Even my mama, who doesn't think too highly of rabbits.

Hopefully we can save all the bunnies!

Thanks for all the help! I think we made a ton of bunny fans, got loads of petition sigs and the cash for the spays/neuters. :)

I didn't end up with any help for another one today (which is too bad because my neighbours are pretty anxious for me to get everything off the porch, LOL!) and I'm totally exhausted. (My roommate has been less than helpful).

Also, I'm not sure that EARS is going to be the best use of the funds, so after this, I'm going to personally hold off for awhile. There is a small batch of bunnies coming over from UVic soon and the funds will spay/neuter seven or so of those ones.

But the Saanich sanctuary isn't happening :( and although there are apparently other smaller ones in the works, I just can't get enough information from the EARS person, and I think there are a few things not right with this picture.

It needs a closer look. :sigh:

sas

Hay, anybody up for another one on Saturday? If so, Carmina, the EARS person in Vancouver, will probably come. (She can't do Sunday).

It is fireworks night, though, so parking will really be an issue.

Whaddya think?

sas

Latest posts

Back