You're not gonna believe this...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's such a little beauty with those bow's in her hair,i'm sure Audrey know's how pretty she is to....she has got the cutest little face..i'm sure i can feel your anticipation of getting her home to be with you :D

Cheryl

Awwww Rosie! I'm so pleased for you!:biggrin2:

I think Audrey's absolutely GORGEOUS, I love her!!

:inlove:

She's got a look about her like she's going to be a cheeky bun too, I reckon she'll be so much fun to have around...

I'm excited about her coming home! You must promise to give us lots and lots of pictures! :)

Just a question, of all your buns, are any of them bonded, or do they all live singly? That must make 'run time' difficult, no? Do you have a 'run timetable'?!! :shock:

Jen xx

Thank you, Jen!! I'm excited, too!! :D

As far as bonding, etc...we don't have anybun bonded just yet, and yes, it does make run time difficult, but we just take things one day at a time. We have most buns on less than the recommended pellet amount (to make sure they don't gain weight from not being able to be out every single day...no worries, though...we balance it out with 1/2lbs of hay everyday being given to each bun), and we have them on Oxbow Bunny Basics T, which has the best nutrition I've found yet...so they're doing great!

They all get loads of love and attention from me, though, even though they don't each have out time every single day. I do have to be careful to give Teeny a bit more time out than the others, though, due to his size, and the fact that he should really be free-roaming (also due to his size). I have to be sure he gets at least twice a week out of his cage, or he starts to get quite nutty and really stressed. But everyone else gets out about once a week. :)

Nope, no schedule...I just keep track of who was last, and be sure to give everyone (except Teeny as noted above) equal time. :)

Thanks for asking! :)

Hugs!

Rosie*

slavetoabunny wrote:
I just don't know how you do it Rosie! You are amazing. It's all I can do to manage two active bunnies.

That's why I was asking! We've found going from 2 to four buns, that they're sooo much more work and you have to think so much more about what you're doing- like how long they've had out etc, and that's with 2 bonded pairs!

I just don't know how you manage it- I think you're amazing too!:p

:clapping:

When we added Clover, it was hard because she was a baby and needed hand fed and all that. Afterwards the biggest challenge was the messes - especially hay - strewn all over! LOL!

Adding Tony has really upped the cost of feeding, litter, and takes a lot of time just making sure everyone gets out as you mention.

Tony's larger and needs more time out in my opinion-cage to rabbit size ratio LOL!

Tony likes to leave presents all over for me.

Tony is a brat! lol

They're all worth every bit of it tho!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
They're all worth every bit of it tho!
You took the words right out of my mouth!!

I won't lie...it's a tremendous amount of work. Doing the litterboxes has become a group effort with Danny and me...and usually takes about fifteen minutes (used to take longer when it was just me doing it). And, yes we buy a lot of litter and food. But, they're so so worth it...and they're so wonderful, I WANT to do all this work for them!

One thing to consider if you're thinking of having a large number of buns, though, and something that Peg pointed out to me long ago...

The bigger the number of animals you have, the more the chance that SOMEONE will be sick and need vet care. You up your chances. Just something to keep in mind.

I consider myself quite fortunate. Our animals are really healthy a good, I'd say, 80% of the time. Which, when you have ten animals total (counting buns currently here and two kitties), is a fairly good ratio. I take a lot of time to be sure they're getting above and beyond the care, attention, love, etc. that they need. Sure, things like cage cleanings might go a little past the time most people would get around to it...but it does get done...the bun binkying around at my feet the whole time (hehe). :)

It is my joy, though...I have so many "people" to talk to during the day...so many little souls to love and care for. I really thrive on that...having so many to care for really is what I'm all about.

Hugs to ya'll!

Rosie*

Now....as a treat for Rosie....in honor of the actress Audrey Hepburn...

I'm a star...
[line]And here's what we went through to get that shot...

Look where?

How am I supposed to tilt my head?

I really think THIS is my best side....

Fine....do a close-up

That was a PERFECT shot...oooh... I see...I moved too far away from the set.....(sigh)

This is getting TIRING

(I'm storming off the set - enough of this)

I think I've fainted...oh my gosh, she's so so adorable...thank you for those pictures, Peg!! That little girl doesn't know what she's in for...I might just attack her with Audrey Hepburn props for photos! LOL!!

:inlove:

Latest posts

Back