You're not gonna believe this...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Here I am... the person my father dubbed the Chatterbox Queen at about the age of six... almost at the 10,000 post mark... and I'm actually at a loss for words...

I have stumbled across a bun that I just HAVE to add to our herd. I know, I know...having nine here is a lot, and ten even more...but I've fallen in love, and I really can't exactly explain it!

So, without further ado...introducing...Audrey!!

DSCN2060-1.jpg

Audrey used to be Becky, of Peg's newest litter. The second I laid eyes on her, I knew she was the bun for us. There's something really special about her...her personality, her spark...I knew she was perfect for us!

Audrey is named after one of my all-time favorite beautiful actresses...Audrey Hepburn. Her name means "noble strength", and I think it fits her beautifully!

Now, something important to add...this was ALL my doing. I inquired about Audrey (aka Becky) with Peg some time ago, and mentioned I had some interest...but I was still so sad from losing my babies, that I wasn't able to say yes just yet.

Well, today I was talking to a dear friend of mine (love you, Leanne!), and realized just how much of a heart I have for this sweet girl! Peg had mentioned to me that if I did wind up saying yes, I would have first dibs on the cutie...but I still felt so so sad, I couldn't bear saying yes to another baby. I was worried I would lose her, too. I needed time to process my loss before I could accept taking in another. Peg was wonderfully patient, and let me take all the time I needed...didn't twist my arm into it, or anything (not that she ever would)...and I think she expected me to take even more time than I did! LOL...

I'm honestly not sure what changed, but somehow today I actually started feeling like I was ready...and once I let Peg know I was ready to say yes, we both got SO EXCITED!!

So, welcome little Audrey, who is eight weeks old, into our little family!!

DSCN2059.jpg

DSCN2058.jpg

DSCN2056.jpg

DSCN2055.jpg

Gettin' into trouble...of course, hehe! What girl would be such a good part of the family, if she didn't like getting into trouble?!

DSCN2033.jpg

DSCN2049.jpg

DSCN2048.jpg

DSCN2047.jpg

Gettin' all pretty for her pictures for her new Mama...

DSCN2045.jpg

DSCN2044.jpg

DSCN2043.jpg

DSCN2042.jpg

DSCN2041.jpg

DSCN2040.jpg

DSCN2039.jpg

Mneahhhh....bunny tongue!!

DSCN2038.jpg

Isn't she pretty??

DSCN2037.jpg

DSCN2034.jpg

I want to add something here about Audrey because I know there will be questions...

Although she looks like a teddy style lionhead right now - her saddle is actually starting to clean up and show some definition to it. I suspect she is going to be a very pretty lionhead with a skirt - at least during her "junior" period (first six months). Many of my rabbits wind up with a skirt even when they're older if I don't groom them enough....

Secondly - she does not have red eyes - but she carries the red eyed white gene and you can see it in her eyes. Its hard to explain - but they have a bit of a reddish tint to them....

And personality? Oh my.....she definitely has a personality...

Peg

TinysMom wrote:
And personality? Oh my.....she definitely has a personality...

Peg
YEP!! It's that personality which led to my thinking a name that meant "noble strength" would be perfect for her! Hehe...she demands nobility, and has a great strength about her. Not to mention, the name Audrey is so elegant...and she definitely is! :)

Yeah, I can see the definition in her coat that looks like she may be more "Tumnus- like" lol.

I love her Mama! And her Dad's awesome, Triad looks like a Wookie :)

Furry baby broken lionhead doe....... sounds familiar....

I just can't put my finger on it.:biggrin2:

t.

PS SHE'S GORGEOUS! I'm THE authority on furry baby broken lionhead does I'll have you know. :blueribbon:

OH MY GOODNESS! Why on Earth would you want that terribly ugly bunny?

:lies

When I saw her first picture up there - I nearly passed out she's so cute! I thought OMG WHY WOULDN'T SHE WANT HER?!?!?!? :biggrin2:She also looks like a little turd (that's a good thing... it's like saying she's a little imp, into stuff - for those who don't know! Mine are all turds in one way or another!)

I love the name also!

Thanks guys!!

Ya'll know how I am about bunny spunkitude...I'm simply DRAWN to it!! The spunkier the better, I always say! Heck, even Teeny, who's supposed to be lazin' around, has got an enormous propensity to get into trouble!! LOL!!

Just gotta love the spunkitude!!

And that foofiness...oh man...killer!! :D

MsBinky wrote:
*Sings loudly*

Audreeeey and Fiiiiver sitting by the tree...

Whaaaaaaaaaaat it has a nice ring to it no???
Aww w w w w...hey, ya never know...they would make an adorable couple, wouldn't they?

I was just tellin' someone earlier that there are times that I sit around and wonder who will bond with who when we start bonding everybun. Ya just never know...

:biggrin2:

Now THAT will be a very very interesting blog... You should start your own series like a soap opera... If the bunnies have affairs, arguments, passions... Lmao. Ok my meds might be a tad strong *Blushes* Lol. Seriously though, it will be an interesting read. :pI admire your organizational skills. I had the 12 buns here and I was going nuts at the end :?Lol.

LOL...that would be a really funny blog, wouldn't it? *makes mental note to create bonding blog when time comes*

I think the buns may just surprise me in the end as far as who they choose...hehe!

Oh man, Danny laughs at how organized I am sometimes...I think he thinks I'm a tad OVERorganized sometimes...but boy does he appreciate it when we're at my dad's visiting for a weekend, and he thinks we've forgotten something and says, "Oh mannnn....I wish we'd brought *insert item here*!!!" And then I grab it outta one of our bags...and he kinda looks at me like this: :shock: Haha...cracks me up every time!!

It's so fun, though...I really love taking care of so many. Right at the moment, I care for ten animals a day...and when Harley and Audrey get here, it'll be a dozen...and I tell ya...it makes me REALLY happy!! :) And they're so easy to care for, bunnies and kitties...they don't expect a whole lot...just love and understanding...and boy am I able to give an overabundance! :D

I can't wait to have my last two sweeties home...oh man...:D

Audrey...the name just suits her so perfectly...and fits into our mesh of animals so nicely...

So, we now have:

Maisie, Flower, Trixie, SweetPea, Fiver, Velveteen, Cuddles, Teeny, Harley, and Audrey, as well as the kitties Sunny and Hobbes. Also forever to be included in our count: Drew, Dusty, and Bun Bun. Wow...thatsalotta aminals!! :D

While lionheads are great and love other animals - I will not be surprised if Audrey winds up bonding more with a human - probably Rosie. I could be wrong....but it really wouldn't surprise me..

Peg

Latest posts

Back