your response determines the babies help, respond now please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok thanks everyone. its 12:38 PM and i think its time i be hitting the bed now.

im out.

ive got finals tomorrow for school at 8:00 AM

but ill stay up for my animals ^^. later guys. thanks again:)

Just did a little Google research, andyou really should leave the mom and babies totallyalone. My hamsters that had little ones were verywell settled and bonded. If you have a new one from the petstore and she's agitated, she'll respond by eating herbabies. Also, she may have been just testing thewater bottle to make sure there'd be water for the pups.

Here'sthe note from http://www.hamsterific.com/RaisingPups.cfm:

As a rule of thumb, the nest should not be disturbed for at least tendays. If a newborn goes astray, leave it, the mother will retrieve it.Or, the pup will find its own way back to the warmth of its bed andMama. If the nest is disturbed, especially a first-time Mom, she may"defend" her litter the only way she knows, by killing and eating them.(Like everything else, the female's acceptance of initial disturbancesvaries with individuals.) It is extremely important to insure thatthere is an abundant supply of food and fresh water. If Mama Hamsterfeels threatened that there is not sufficient nourishment and wateravailable to sustain her new family, by instinct, she will mercifullykill the pups rather than let them die the agonizing death ofstarvation or dehydration.

Latest posts

Back