Your picture-Part 1 (Now Closed) *

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't ever worry about it, everyone here at ROwill respect you regardless of your appearance (Which is gorgeous! Beautiful eyes! ). It's so neat to put a face to a name, to a user name even! That's a reason why I love RO so much, everyone is so respectful and caring! I hope you really enjoy RO too! :)

Very adorable doggie too! She looks like she's sitting so proudly hehe!

Ah, I hate to be a downer, but this was a difficult thread for me. I don't have the best, um, self-esteem or body image. And I wasn't ready to flaunt my flaws for all of you to see. I feel like I respect everyone on this site and want to be a well-respected member as well. I'm afraid that once you all see me, that will never happen.

Can I share something with you, Lexi? When I was growing up (heck, to be truthful, up until just a few years ago) I thought I was so ugly I honestly could not look at myself in a mirror or a store window if it was in public. This probably came about after years of verbal abuse, but no matter the cause, I found it extremely debilitating. Whenever someone would pay me a compliment, such as "that outfit looks so nice on you" or "what did you do to your hair? it looks so great"....I thought they were mocking me. I could never accept a compliment as I never believed it to be sincere, yet I found it very difficult to accept the fact that the only one who was seeing me as ugly was...me.

And even now (admitting my age, I'm twice as old as you and my son is your age :shock:) I found it hard to post my picture in this thread when I first saw it, because I saw the pictures everyone else had posted and thought they were all so goodlooking, and I was embarrassed to post my pic.

Just wanted to share that with you as I can relate to how hard we can sometimes be on ourselves...and I've found over the years a lot of people are hard on themselves. Oh, and I also wanted to tell you (at the risk of embarrassing you;)) that your eyes are absolutely beautiful! Your eyelashes are so long, and your eyes so blue...wow!

(P.S. Love your dog!! She is a cutie! :D)

Here are some more accurate representations of me. The pic in my avatar is an old one, I don't really look like that anymore. :biggrin2:

STKI0016.jpg

meandNewt.jpg

Newt and I! I can't get a pic of Ookpik and I, try as I might. She's just not one to be manhandled for such foolish endeavours. LOL

meandKagome.jpg

Kagome and I!

lexingtons wrote:
Lexi.jpg

Lexi4.jpg

And, since I'm the one that takes the pictures, I don't have one of me and my buns. But I do have one of me and my dog, Madeline, from this past summer. It's not the best picture as we were on our way home from camping. LOL!

LexandMads.jpg

Ha ha. Actually, this thread turned out to be something good as I've been itching to post a pic of my dog. Isn't she just a cutie? It makes scrolling through the pictures of me worth it, doesn't it?!

Alexah, you are beautiful! Your eyes are so stunning. Sometimes I wish I had blue eyes.

It is great to see you! Now I know who my babies will be going home with :).

I just found this thread...all of you are soooo young! I'm 35 now and I can't believe how much time I spent when I was 25 thinking how old I was. Now I'm trying to think of 35 being young...lol...anyway, don't have any pics of me and Edie, but here is my business card pic. I'm a Real Estate Agent!

sandycutout2.jpg

And here is my wedding pic from last year...no, I didn't get married until I was 34 and my husband was 32.

staircase.jpg

And here is my precious Edie in her Halloween costume!

Photo_103107_015.jpg

Edierabbit, Oh my goodness, you're stunning:shock:. That is a super pic for your business card! Interesting you're a real estate agent, I work at Coldwell Banker, not an agent though;).

AngelNSnuffy,

Thanks for the compliment! Actually, people tell me how photogenic I am all the time, which I take to mean, "She sure doesn't look that good in real life!" LOL! :p Really, though, I think I do photograph better than I look in real life.

I have a friend from Real Estate School that works for Coldwell Banker. She really likes it. I work for a small company called SimplySOLD. I've been an agent since June and I absolutely love it! What do you do at CB?

EdieRabbit wrote:
AngelNSnuffy,

What do you do at CB?

You do photograph very well:D.

Mainly, I set all the appointments for all the listings we have for that office. I do clerical work as well. Sometimes I help enter new listings into MLS. Help agents with copiers when the copiers mess up:p. Help them and staff with computer problems sometimes as well. I love it there. Everyone is so nice. It's a happy place to work;).

tundrakatiebean wrote:
You guys are so cute! :biggrin2:Whatever kind of lipstick/blush you have on looks GREAT on you!
Thanks! I had my makeup done that day at an AVEDA salon, whichin the past proved disasterous (i.e. prom and other formals), but I thought that this makeup artistdid a really good job...so did my hairstylist. He worked on my hair for almost 3 hours! I was thinking, "Come on, already. It only took an hour when I had my bridal portraits made." We were late starting pictures b/c of it, which threw me ALL out of whack. I guess he was nervous! We all were...:shock:

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
Mainly, I set all the appointments for all the listings we have for that office. I do clerical work as well. Sometimes I help enter new listings into MLS. Help agents with copiers when the copiers mess up:p. Help them and staff with computer problems sometimes as well. I love it there. Everyone is so nice. It's a happy place to work;).
You should think aboutbecoming an agent...you probably know more than most of the agents, since you deal with all of the appointments and paperwork. It really is fun...well, it does get a bit stressful, but it is all worth it in the end when you get the client into a new house (even better when it is a first time homebuyer). That is such a great, rewarding feeling. :biggrin2:

EdieRabbit wrote:
AngelnSnuffy wrote:
You should think aboutbecoming an agent...you probably know more than most of the agents, since you deal with all of the appointments and paperwork. It really is fun...well, it does get a bit stressful, but it is all worth it in the end when you get the client into a new house (even better when it is a first time homebuyer). That is such a great, rewarding feeling. :biggrin2:
I don't think I want to be an agent, they work 24/7:shock::p. Nope. dont wanna;).

AngelnSnuffy wrote:
I don't think I want to be an agent, they work 24/7:shock::p. Nope. dont wanna;).
FINALLY...someone who understands! Most people don't think we work hard enough to earn a commission, but that just IS NOT true...

EdieRabbit wrote:
AngelnSnuffy wrote:
FINALLY...someone who understands! Most people don't think we work hard enough to earn a commission, but that just IS NOT true...

No, you definitely do! It's crazy, I just couldn't/wouldn't want to do it, ya know?;)

It sucks when the market slows down, like now:?.

I don't have any pics of me and Milo since I don't have my own camera and everything I post is monitored anyway [grr, parents], but I do have a couple of pics of just me. And I'll toss one in of Milo too. And you all can use your imagination and picture us together. Cool? Cool!

th_Em3.jpg
Me this summer.

th_Em6.jpg
School pic, ugh!

th_Em10.jpg
Me, this past weekend.

th_MiloBunny1.jpg
Milo!

Latest posts

Back