your favorite litter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossombunny

Reaction score
Good morning! I am on the search fornew litter for blossom. I currently use carefresh for her andafter about 1/2 a day it already stinks!! I swear that bunnyhas the stinkiest urine EVER!!! What do you use for odorcontroling litter that is also safe? I think I recall a lotof you use yesterdays news, is that odor controlling? Alsoblossom has been eating heinhold family formula since I brought herhome along with timothy hay and the occasional baby carrot for a treat,but no other fruits or veggies. She is 5 and a half monthsold now and I was thinking of changing her to either oxbow or purinarabbit food, any thoughts??? Thanks...Tracy

I use a Yesterday's News/Wood Pelletcombination. I'd like to do only wood pellets, but the cats just don'tlike them as much. The wood pellets are good for the bunnies, though,no stink!

My favorite litter for our bunns is currently*leaves* LOL They are chopped up in the leaf blower/chopperand I use them in the pans. It smells like fall in therabbitry :)

Pam

i absolutly loved yesterday's news for litter.. but my buns seemed to be allergic to it

:( much sneezing etc until we went back to cat country (wheatgrassbased organic litter).. it works, but smells funny on it's own lol

Link tohttp://www.woodypet.com/horse.htmlfordescriptive information regarding the best litter, at the mostreasonable price of $4.99 per 30lb bag, I've ever been able tofind. Many people here have successfully converted over to itafter using Yesterday's News and others. WoodyPetProfessional Animal Bedding is customarily used for horse bedding, butit works admirably as pet litter. The website can be queriedfor retailers near you.

It comes in 15 lb bags of "All Purpose Litter," but I suspect one isjust paying more for the same product in a differentpackage/label.

Buck

Yesterdays News I tried and it didn't work anybetter than the plant fiber "Critter Country" I used before.I'm now going to try some aspen litter.

I use carefresh for my two bunnies and as long asi change the boxes daily i dont notice a smell. I just recentlyswitched thier food from a walmart brand to purina and there coats lookreally nice. I dont know if its cause i think they are done shedding orthe change of food.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back