Your Favorite & Least Favorite Bunny Breeds!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pretty much like all breeds of rabbits. My favorite would have to be thatstriped rabbit they found in Laos.

My least favorites would have to be the english lop. I'd be too afraid something bad would happen to them. :nerves1

Erins Rabbits wrote:
SilverBirchRabbitry wrote:
Well of course who can't say they love a Lionhead? Well there are a few who can, but they don't know what they are talking about :rollseyes:

I actually think Flemish giants are wonderful also :) I had one, his name was Thumper I loved that big guy :]

Lionheads aren't even recognized, and they are EVERYWHERE. It's ridiculous! They aren't even cute. Humph. :rollseyes

They are absolutly adorable & I heard they will be a recognized breed soon :coolness:

So there lol And are you on the Rabbit habit forum? Because if you are Erins Bunnies, you said you liked Fufu my lionhead xD You made an exception for her :p

Erins Rabbits wrote:
Well of course who can't say they love a Lionhead? Well there are a few who can, but they don't know what they are talking about :rollseyes:

I actually think Flemish giants are wonderful also :) I had one, his name was Thumper I loved that big guy :]

Lionheads aren't even recognized, and they are EVERYWHERE. It's ridiculous! They aren't even cute. Humph. :rollseyes

They are absolutly adorable & I heard they will be a recognized breed soon :coolness:

So there lol And are you on the Rabbit habit forum? Because if you are Erins Bunnies, you said you liked Fufu my lionhead xD You made an exception for her :p
What can I say, I'm a sucker for VMs. :biggrin2:

My favorite breeds are Dutch, Mini Rex, Holland Lop and English Lop.

My least fav would be anything you have to groom alot, short hair is for me.

Favorite: Flemmies of course.

I'm not a fan of REWs though I have seen a couple that could melt my heart.

Erins Rabbits wrote:
LOL! I agree. Some are cute if they are extremely well bred and have the gorgeous, perfect manes. But the ones you generally find around...eeeep.:shock:

Before I joined this forum my favorite type of bunn would be a mix with up ears and least fav would've been Nethies, Lops and Rexes. However this forum has really changed my perspective and Mini Rexes and Nethies are now a couple of my favorite breeds. I also like Harlequins, Lionheads and Dutch but all bunnies are gorgeous! Least fav would prob be English Lop.

I can't choose, I'm a Dutch lover by heart.

Though thanks to CERTAIN peoples *cough* minda's *cough* *cough* new mini rex I've fallen in love with them. My next rabbit will definitely be a Mini Rex... It might even be poe after I bunnynap him MUHAHAHAHAHHA!

Erins Rabbits wrote:

I had a chestnut lionhead named Malcolm who was adorable. I just had to sell him to make room for my jerseies, but he was a cutie. They are everywhere aren't they.... lol I do see them a lot at shows. Malcolm won BOB at the 4-H show I took him to last year. lol That was pretty cool. :)

Most I've seen here are really adorable....some are like...eeehhhhh.....but most every oneI have seen is so cute! I hate when they have narrow headsor barely any mane....people really need to think before they breed....

My favorites are Holland Lops and Lionheads. Very challenging breeds, I guess I like a challenge.

Yes, the Lionhead will be recognized one day and watch out! This breed will be as big as the Mini Rexes, Netherland Dwarfs and Holland Lops at the tables.

No matter what, I think that Lionheads are one of the cutest rabbits, mane or no mane. First cutest is the Holland Lop. (I guess I am a bit biased) LOL

For those of you who don't think so, just get to know one.

:bunny18:

Hollands are cute, but I just see them everywhere, so I get tird of seeing so many. Is takes 2 hrs just to get through them all. lol

I know that is the same with rexes, there are way too many at shows and stuff

But I'm getting a show quality woolie doe! They are soo cute! OMG I'm getting another breed! I will have 5 breeds :shock::expressionless

It is much eaiser to stay with only a few. lol So you don't get extermely over populated. I wouldn't go more than 3 breeds. lol It makes it much easier to perfect them. Right now I have 7 adult woolies and 11 kits, 1 tan, 1 flemish and 1 netherland. I only buy one to show lol. I could nev3r breed the others. I've only done it once with my flemish. :) But I show the orange nethie and my tan.

They all are cute in their own way but I am partial to the french lops I just love the big doofy look they have and so laid back

I also love the look of the lionheads.

Of course I own both so I am bias.

I am just getting into the show world and hope to learn more.

I think the checkered giants really don't do much for me

Favorites: Mini Lops and most other lop breeds.

Least Favorite: Netherland Dwarf, Mini Rex/Rex, Lionhead. (based only on appearance. I am sure there are many nice ones.)

There are so many breeds I would like to own ... French Lop and English Lop are at the top of my New Bunny list. Of course, I love the shelter bunnies of unknown origin as well... too many bunnies to choose from! :)

P.S. I've noticed a strange trend in pet store bunnies lately. There have been numerous buns that appear to be Mini Lop/ Lionhead mixes or some such thing.

oh. my favs in this order

english lops (anyone who says they dont like them should own one. their personality is the BEST)

flemish giants

rhinelanders (love love LOVE these guys, miss owning them)

mini lops (mini lop rule of life: why run when i can sit. . .why sit when i can lay down. how can you not love that?)

english angoras (i just love the way they look. like big fluffy teddy bears)

my least favs(again in order)

mini rex (i could list these guys a few times, i cant stand them. my roommate loves the little buggers)

dwarf hotots (raised them for 5 years and ended up loving a few select rabbits, but they are just mean bunnies, i had never culled so hard because of mean stock before)

lionheads (sure they are cute, i will give them that, but they just dont really do it for me. ive owned 2, finn and broadway and both were great rabbits, but i wouldnt activly look for another lionhead)

there is my list and im sticking to it! lol

Back