Your Favorite & Least Favorite Bunny Breeds!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverBirchRabbitry

Reaction score
Alright I will start :)

My favorite breeds are French Angoras & Lionheads :)

My mom's favorite breed are English Angoras

And my little brothers favorite breed are Netherland Dwarves

My least favorite breed of rabbit is... (have to think about this) I would have to say...

REW Mini rexes :[ Well mini rexes in general, well not just mini but standard ones too lol (Sorry all you rex breeders) :yuck

Ok now everyone else put in your opinions :)

My favorite is the Havanas and my daughter loves her dutch and my son loves his himis and we also have a few mini rexs that we think are just great.

Least favorite, I don't know? Our friend raises Californians and they seem to have snotty personalities.

My favorite is the Holland Lop, however, I'm also very attracted to dwarf breeds in general (AFL, ND, JW).

My least favorite are probably Standard Rex and then Californians/Florida Whites.

My favorites (that I've owned) are...
Holland Lop
Mini Rex (how come everyone is putting them least favorite?)
French Lop

My Favorites that I've never owned:
Flemish Giant
English Lop

Least favorites...
None! I love them all! :D

My favourites are:
Lops
Netherland Dwarf
Flemish Giants
Angoras

Least favourite: I don't really have a least favourite, but in appearance I'd have to say Britannia Petite, but if I saw one in real life I wouldn't be like 'Uh that rabbit is horrible' I still think they are cute and I think all rabbits are beautiful, they would just appeal to me the least.

Hmm interesting, I'm not the only one that doesn't like rexes lol

I have 1 rex, she is about 5 years old, I just got her, I only took her because her owner was going to bring her to a shelter, I found her a nice permie home she is going to on Friday, she has a great personality

My favorites are jersey woolies, thriantas and rhinelanders.

My least favorite are holland lops...I have gotten sick of looking at them. lol I only like them when they are a couple weeks old and have air plane ears...after that I don't care for them. I like the other lops though....lol

My favorites are:

Mini Lops, Himalayans, Checkered Giants, English Spots, and really anything full arch, they are beautiful.

I don't like and would NEVER own:

Britania Petites, Dutch, Netherland Dwarf, Havanas, Holland Lops, Mini Rex, Standard Rex, Lionheads, Mini Satins (I've actually raised them and didn't like them much at all) Satin's, Silver, Silver Foxes, Silver Martens, New Zealands, French Lops, or any of the three chinchilla breeds.

o-o You really don't like that many breeds lol
I love Full arched breeds aswell, I want a Belgian Hare so bad :eek:

My little Frosted Pearl Lionhead, Bailey is sitting on my lap in disgust over what Erins Rabbits said about Lionheads rofl

This might have gone around once before, cause I was sure I had put my down, but I'll do it again!

Favorites:
Dutch
Velveteen Lop
Holland Lop
Mini Rex
Most of lop breeds actually . . . Just the above mentioned I already have(Or used to have in the Velveteen case, getting a new pair soon.)
Netherland Dwarfs, though I'm afriad of 'breaking' them.
Rhinelanders- don't know why, but those guys are purdier than the english spots

Least Favorites
anything with wool (Yes American Fuzzy Lops too) I just spend soo much time already grooming all my short haired breeds i just couldn't spare the extra added time to a wooley.
Tans, Thritana, Cream D'Argent, CInnamon, anything basically that doesn't have alot of variation in colors, I love my ayra of colors in my shed.

I'm a color girl, what can i say? I do prefer brokens over solids in my hollands.

I like-
Silvers-their very feline in personality, have never had one bite me, really very personable rabbits

Mini Rex, and Florida Whites, not really sure why I like FW's but I do. English Lops are like dogs, really neat rabbits. I like all of the silvered breeds, including Cremes, Silver Foxes and Champagnes. Flemish are cool, Lilacs are okay but a bit boring. Love Harlequins, Silver Martens are sharp looking, Thriantas are the bomb, really neat buns!! I pretty much like all of the rare breeds, especially BEW Beverens. Granted although I like many of the large breeds I'm sticking to small breeds these days, so much easier to take care of.

You know I think that a list of what I don't like would be shorter. I'll never have any of the wool breeds, had a Satin Angora, lot of work. Satins are pretty but I've heard too many nightmare stories about their temperament and have seen Mini Satins try to attack a judge, think I'll pass on those. Tans are neat but too frenetic, Checkered Giants no thanks, and Brittania Petites are scary little rabbits. New Zealands do not excite me, and Blanc de Hotots I'm not wacky about either. Same with the Chinchilla breeds.

I'd have to put mini-Rex on the top of my favorites list. Of course, the only bunny I've ever lived with is a mini-Rex, so I'm prejudiced, but what attracts me is how much Scone's a real person in his own right. I've met lots of rabbits at get-togethers and it's the MR's that seem to have the most distinct personalities.

Can't say that I have a least favorite breed. I've liked every rabbit I've met.

Well of course- The Lionhead. It's kinda strange that I also love Flemish Giants. Right now I honestly don't have the knowledge to know what I don't like but I'm listening and learning.

My favorites in order are:

flemish giant (I would love to breed them some day if I ever went back into breeding - which I don't see myself doing)

lionheads (which is what I bred)

mini lops

holland lops

Californians

My least favorites are:

Any sort of rex

Netherland Dwarves (well...Tio has mellowed quite a bit now that he's four)

French lops

Britania Petite (sp?)

I'm sorta neutral about English lops - if I could get one like Yofi - I'd do it in a heartbeat - but those ears sorta scare me that I would step on them or a dog would step on them...

Well of course who can't say they love a Lionhead? Well there are a few who can, but they don't know what they are talking about :rollseyes:

I actually think Flemish giants are wonderful also :) I had one, his name was Thumper I loved that big guy :]

SilverBirchRabbitry wrote:
Well of course who can't say they love a Lionhead? Well there are a few who can, but they don't know what they are talking about :rollseyes:

I actually think Flemish giants are wonderful also :) I had one, his name was Thumper I loved that big guy :]

Lionheads aren't even recognized, and they are EVERYWHERE. It's ridiculous! They aren't even cute. Humph. :rollseyes

Latest posts

Back