Yofi, Anna and the Crew, 2010

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol at the Yofi-goobers on the lens!

I know...it was on the photo I posted prior to that one too. A big ol' Yofi-kiss on my lens. (hehe...I remember looking through the lens too, and wondering why they looked blurry...but thought it was just me.) :wink

goodness look at those yofi feeties!! you think his HEAD is big!! Take a look at those hoofers!!

Oh yes, they're big alright. I've felt them many times on my chest, when I'd go to pick him up....*WHUMP!!!!!!* right to my mid-section. Oddly though, Anna's feetz are much smaller than Yofi's, but she can deliver a wallop that Bruce Lee would envy. Yofi's got nothing on her when it comes to giving out mad bunny kicks.

(I do get a kick out of the way The Boy curls his toesies when he runs...)

Fun pictures! I like how Yofi's earflap is hanging over the chair frame in the 5th picture. Not going to get a shot like that from too many breeds besides the e-lop! ;)

I also like Anna's "Merry Christmas" pose with the bow on her head. She looks like she has her little lips puckered for Yofi (she's probably under a mistletoe, too, eh?) ;)

I also like Anna's "Merry Christmas" pose with the bow on her head. She looks like she has her little lips puckered for Yofi (she's probably under a mistletoe, too, eh?)

Nope, no mistletoe in this house...but I bet she was using that bow as a substitute mistletoe to entice her own 'beau' :biggrin2:

Fun pictures! I like how Yofi's earflap is hanging over the chair frame in the 5th picture. Not going to get a shot like that from too many breeds besides the e-lop!

Yeah, that's the e-lops' specialty! It's like they carry their own personalized set of drapes with them, everywhere they go...

(I hope you're feeling better, Karen!)

Taken yesterday...some 'nana nommin'...

PC207491.jpg

PC207498.jpg

PC207501.jpg

PC207506.jpg

PC207489.jpg

PC207470.jpg

PC207482.jpg

PC207476.jpg

PC207475.jpg

PC207500.jpg

Merry Christmas to Miss Daisy and her humans! Yofi's ears perked straight up the air when he saw her name! ;) I hope everyone in the wabbitmom/wabbitdad family had a wonderful day yesterday. Here's to all your wishes coming true for the New Year!

LOL...I have to post this...it reminds me of Miss Daisy, trying to get the Yofster's attention:

daisy-1.jpg

P.S. Yofi can't wait to see more pictures of the real Miss Daisy!

And Yofi says Happy New Year! right back at Miss Daisy! What a sweetie she is, and that bow suits her perfectly!

Afraid I caught another cold over the holidays...this right on the heels of a cold that lasted an entire month. The good news is, though, that this one only lasted 4 days, and then it was gone. However, one thing I dread about colds is that I sometimes get a cough that is horrible...I really do dread it, because it is like the annoying 'tickle-in-the-throat' cough, only much worse. I cannot stop coughing, it becomes hard to catch my breath, my eyes, nose, and just about everything gets congested and blocked, and about the only thing that can control it is cough syrup with codeine. (No idea why, and I've never heard of anyone else that gets this, but that's just me.) It will sometimes persist to the point of vomitting (yuck, I know). Well, true to form, it hit me the other morning (thankfully I was home and not out in public). This time when it hit I panicked, because for a few moments I couldn't catch my breath, I was so congested - nose, throat, etc. - and was struggling to breathe at the same time that I was struggling to stop coughing. This was the first time I actually couldn't breathe at all...and it was pretty scary. This struck just as I'd taken my first bite of breakfast - a home-made 'egg mcmuffin'. The Dog had been watching in earnest as I'd cooked and prepared the entire thing, and had loyally followed me into the living room, where I sat down to eat. So when that cough hit and I began to panic, my first thought (always a bit weird when one is in panic mode) was, 'What if I can't breathe? What if I pass out? Or choke to death?' But of course, The Dog had it covered for me. Her gameplan (in case of that 'what if') was clearly written all over her face:

"Okay, now, if she passes out and dies on the spot, it's mine...ALL MINE...an egg mcmuffin for ME!!!"

Ah yes, the loyalty of The Dog. I know it well. ;)

Bassetluv wrote:
"Okay, now, if she passes out and dies on the spot, it's mine...ALL MINE...an egg mcmuffin for ME!!!"

Ah yes, the loyalty of The Dog. I know it well. ;)

Scary! But LOL on Kaya...she knows what to do in an emergency, Ha!

Our ding-dong dog Charley (lovable brat that he is) would probably have absconded with the egg mcmuffin the minute his poor master began COUGHIING. He's an opportunist of the highest magnitude! :p He's even been known to snitch a chicken leg off the serving dish at supper, if he thinks nobody is watching.

Where is Caesar Milan when we need him??

That was pretty scary. I am glad you are o.k., even though you probably have one disappointed pup to live with.

:) Yeah, I'm probably the only person I know who literally dreads getting a cold, just because of the cough that may follow as it is ending. The only other experience I've had with not being able to breathe (and ensuing panic) was when Stephen was 3 and was attending daycare. He wound up contracting whooping cough, and had it for a solid month, turning red and coughing non-stop, not being able to keep food down because of the cough...and then as he finally began getting better, I caught it from him. I too had it for almost a month, and the cough was quite scary at times; I recall one panicky episode where I was home alone and suddenly began coughing violently, my throat closed up, and I couldn't catch my breath to take in any air. It - like this episode the other day - only lasted for a few minutes, but it really can be scary. Usually with a cold I will wind up coughing and cannot stop, and will literally get sick from it, but not being able to breathe is something that doesn't normally happen. Just really congested, I guess. No worries though; with The Dog present I knew that my breakfast, at least, would be *rescued* by her, given the chance. ;)

Our ding-dong dog Charley (lovable brat that he is) would probably have absconded with the egg mcmuffin the minute his poor master began COUGHIING. He's an opportunist of the highest magnitude! He's even been known to snitch a chicken leg off the serving dish at supper, if he thinks nobody is watching.

LOL...Charley is one of those dogs who would probably survive quite well, if suddenly humans disappeared and he had to fend for himself. He also sounds very much like my sister's dog, Lassie. She too will sneak food away from a plate at any opportunity, even if one is still sitting in front of their dinner. One day several years ago I was having a Thanksgiving dinner at my house, and while everyone was in the living room I was in the kitchen, loading up the dinner plates with food. Unfortunately I didn't notice Lassie come skulking into the room, and just as I'd finished putting food on a second plate I turned around and there she was....standing on top of the table, snarfing down the entire turkey dinner from the first plate I'd prepared. Like Daisy and Yofi, I suspect these two covert canines must be either related in some way, or are masters at telepathic communication, feeding one another tips on how to best pilfer the humans' offerings. :nonono:

The brainwaves are flying back and forth across the border!!

:biggrin2:

All this talk of dogs stealing food reminds me of the movie, "A Christmas Story". Have you ever seen it? It is soooo funny...I highly recommend it! Most of the movie is dedicated to a young boy's Christmas wish, "A dual action range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing which tells time!!" Of course, all adults hearing about his wish for a BB gun, including Santa at the department store, tell him, "You'll SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!!"

Anyway! The part that reminds me of food stealing dogs is the subplot going on with their neighbors, the Bumpuses, who have "985 smelly hound dogs". When poor mom leaves the turkey on the table....and the back door open....to go outside and rescue poor Ralphie, who in fact almost DID shoot his eye out, in come the Bumpuses' hound dogs, barking and knocking over everything in sight - and devour the ENTIRE turkey in like, 4 seconds flat. To which Ralphie's colorful Dad shouts out the back door, "Sons of *****es, Bumpuses!!!" And left with no Christmas turkey, Ralphie and his family go out for Chinese.

Can you tell it's one of my all time favorite movies??

Oh, .I just read this...do I know "A Christmas Story"? It's one of my all-time favorite holiday movies! The dad is hilarious, and reminds me so much of my own dad when I was growing up...always trying to fix something that broke, ordering weird things in the mail...hehe, my dad even looked a bit like Darren McGavin way back when. The leg lamp scene was a hoot ("Frageelay (Fragile)...it must be Italian!" :roflmao:)

Yep, I love the end of the movie when the Bumpus dogs tear into the house and steal the turkey, and the family ends up eating out at a Chinese restaurant ("Deck the harls with bows of horry....Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra RA!!!") LOL!!!

Oh, I think too, one of my favorite Ralphie moments was when he got caught with THE word coming out of his mouth (I had to copy this quote, couldn't remember the exact words): "Only I didn't say "Fudge." I said THE word, the big one, the queen-mother of dirty words, the "F-dash-dash-dash" word!"

I'm gonna have to watch that movie again...didn't see it this Christmas on tv, but am going to have to get the DVD. It's too funny!

LOL, you've got to dig that one back out!

My mom says it reminds her of her childhood, too. Right down to the bully who terrorizes Ralphie and his friends. (Once he chased her down to the lake, where she tripped on the ice and got blown all the way across the lake....but at least he couldn't catch up with her ;) ) And her dad always had a war going on with the furnace (including the expected foul language)and Who Closed the Damper??!!? And let's not forget the hillbilly neighbors, with their multitude of smelly hound dogs! Oh my. It cracks me up just thinking about it! :rofl:

A Goodbye to Fritz

This morning I had to say goodbye to my beloved Fritzie. He was my big gray cat, verging on the cusp of 17 years old. Losing him now was unexpected - despite his age - and I suppose the wounds will be raw for some time to come.

Thursday evening I came home from work - and as usual, I collected Kaya and we went out for her nightly walk. Upon returning I prepared dinners for everyone: dog, cat, rabbits. I hadn't noticed anything out of the ordinary; Kaya was excited to be fed, and Fritz was at my feet, crying for his dinner as well. So once meals were administered I began to prepare my own...but out of the corner of my eye noticed something odd. Fritz, who was eating his dinner, would turn and look to the right after every few bites, almost as though he was seeing something invisible sneaking up beside him. He was up on his shelf eating, so I let him finish, and when he did, I placed him down on the floor and watched. It didn't take long to realize something was wrong: Fritz began walking slowly in circles. He was alert, steady on his feet and able to walk...but stuck in a sporadic right-hand turn. I called the vet, expecting to hear them say that they couldn't see him for x number of days...but fortunately they said, "Bring him in right away". They were preparing to close for the evening, but waited until I got there with Fritz.

Dr. MacDonald (a vet who I cannot say enough good things about) examed Fritz, listened to what I'd observed, and then, after assessing him physically said, "Well, the top three things that these symptoms point to are an ear infection, a neurological dysorder in older cats called (can't remember the name), or a brain tumor." Since one of Fritz's ears was red inside she said it was possible that he had an ear infection, but she also stated that her gut feeling was that he was dealing with a brain lesion...so she prescribed Baytril, administered a mild sedative, and said that - hopefully - he would respond quickly to the antibiotics.

Unfortunately it didn't work out that way. The sedative had almost no effect on Fritz at all. When I took him home he seemed a bit distressed, and he also seemed to not be able to get comfortable...constantly shifting and turning when he was lying down. That night I took him to bed with me, and wound up staying awake for the night as he fidgeted and involuntarily jerked his head every so often. For a small part of the night I did maanage to get him comfortable enough to sleep, but his rest was rather shortlived, as he'd awaken and then begin to shift around once again.

Finally, this morning I got up and picked up Fritz from my bed, only to discover he'd become much worse. He could barely walk at all; standing, losing his balance, falling over...once or twice he did manage to stroll a few feet, but for the most part he lay on the floor, head turning to the right. I looked into his eyes and was certain I saw pain. And fear. So I called the vet's immediately, and - once again, thankfully - they agreed to see him right away (a rarity in vet's offices here any more). Dr. MacDonald was there again to exam him, and as I described his renewed symptoms I could see tears forming in her eyes. She told me that there was still a small possibility that Fritz was dealing with an infection, but...given the sudden onset, and the fact that it became extreme so quickly...she was almost certain this was an issue with his brain. So after weighing all of the factors, I decided to have my boy euthanized.

I must say that this was hard. Fritz was a very special cat (as, I expect, every cat lover would say about their own felines), yet out of the many animals I've had come into my life, there have been only a handful who stood out in a way that is hard to describe. I do believe that all of our pets are soulmates, but some come to us with very special qualities...their ability to touch our hearts and to astound us with their love taking us completely by surprise. Fritz was such a soulmate.

He came into my - and my son's - lives unexpectedly; a bundle of gray, comedic energy who managed to charm every member of our small family. When my dog Misty died without warning many years ago, and a year later I adopted Kaya - who did look similar to Misty in size and color - Fritz was the one who came bounding into the kitchen upon hearing a dog's presence. He leapt over the temporary barrier (a baby gate) that I'd placed in the doorway, charging over to Kaya and not stopping until he'd reached her...then he stood on his hind legs, wrapped his front paws around her neck, and began licking her (much to my complete surprise and to Kaya's horror) then suddenly freezing in shock and running away just as quickly. For a moment I wondered what on earth had possessed Fritz to do such a thing; and then I realized...upon hearing Kaya's sniffs and woofs in the kitchen, Fritz had thought his buddy Misty had returned, and came barrelling into the room to greet his long-lost friend. Such was the love of Fritz.

Here are the last few pictures I took of Fritz, about a week or two ago. If I'd known then that our time left together was growing short, I would have filled my camera with images of my wonderful friend. It seems that our time together with our animal companions is always far too short, but no matter the length of time, it is always, always treasured. When my time comes to someday go to that faraway rainbow bridge, I will look forward to being greeted with a tremendous "cat-hug" around my neck from my Fritzie.

Till we meet again, my friend...

P1078088.jpg

P1038085.jpg

PC287880.jpg

i'm so sorry! it's so hard to say goodbye to a beloved pet who is more like a family member than just a pet. Even though he had a long life it's just never enough time....:rip:

I'm so sorry to hear this sad news about Fritz.

He was such a beautiful kitty.

Run & Jump oain free at the Rainbow Bridge :rainbow:Fritz.

Susan

Latest posts

Back