Yikes! Dirty Bunny!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sukichan

Reaction score
Ok, So I took out my bunnies as usual to let them have some out of cage time, and I picked up D'arcy and I was like phew, he smells bad, and I looked and he had a giant mass of poop all matted and clumped between his rear legs. The ball was pretty solid and would not come off. He also had a few smaller clusters stuck to him. I held him and we sprayed him with some instant shampoo for rabbits to try to loosen it. After much work and gentle brushing we managed to get most of it removed but I think his fur is still a little matted, but much cleaner. What could have caused this? What should I do now? The other bunny, Bailey did not have this problem. Please help!
Even though he's cleaner now he still smells bad.

Its when they overeat, and have wet poo.. but sadly unlike humans.. they don't seem to care... and after an hour or two the wet poo solidifies thus creating that clump of poo stuck to their fur ><...

It is very important that you clean this off, you don't want them to get any blockage, infections etc.

Get some shampoo thats safe for bunnies, and dip their butt in warm water... (do this in your sink, put a towel underneath so they can sit on something so they don't hurt themselves on the sink cause its slippery) and start scrubbing and get that poo off!!! be gentle though.. make sure ur bunnies completely dry before letting him run around again.. you dont want him to catch a cold..

Thats what I did for my bunny everytime she did that... it happened quite a lot when we use to lock them in their cage... gl

Latest posts

Back