Yellow feet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, before you do anything, you'll have to take precautions. Rabbits, for the most part, really dislike being wet, and they're slow to dry which can cause other issues down the line. So you'll need to be prepared for you or someone you trust to hold on firmly to your bunny and avoid struggling.

I like to take a soft bristle toothbrush or a washcloth with lukewarm (not hot, and certainly not cold) water, and gently wipe or scrub my Quinn's feet. Soap is generally not necessary and can be harmful.

As rabbits are self cleaning, like cats, you shouldn't need to do much more than that. Make sure their feet are as dry as possible with a clean towel before letting them down. They'll most likely do whatever is left themselves.

If they continue to get REALLY dirty, change their litter boxes/pans more often. It's a sign that they're digging in their litter.

If you must clean the feet, then only get the feet wet--nothing else. Avoid shampoos (even baby shampoo).

Even a rabbit with white fur should be able to maintain her white paws. What kind of setup do you have for your rabbit? Could you post a photo? It could be simply a matter of changing her setup so she doesn't walk on stuff that soils her paws.

Once she has a good setup, she'll be able to keep them clean herself and you won't need to bother cleaning them.

I've had several rabbits with white paws. With the right setup, it shouldn't be a problem keeping them clean. clean bunny paws.jpg

My angora used to get yellow feet- it’s probably urine.. pets at home uk do a bunny safe non wash shampoo that you put on and brush off so no need for bathing!!! Much safer and works too- cut off as much of the yellow fur if safe to do so for your bun and make sure they’re not standing in their urine by getting good litter pellets- I use bunny safe extracted wood pellets with lots of hay!

Back