YAY!! She finally graduated!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maherwoman

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I am happy to share with you guys that my daughter officially passed the First Grade today in homeschooling!! :D

This is quite a huge milestone, due to the fact that she's been workingon the First Grade for about 1.5 school years (though she's still ayear ahead), and spent about six months doing nothing, as the teachersdidn't want to sit down and teach her math properly (so she got stuckand didn't want to do anymore, and they wouldn't step in and figure outwhat was going on, much less fix it).

We've been working hard the past few months, and finally accomplishedit!! YAY!! I'm so proud, I could pop! Mydaughter is so excited, she's running laps around the house!!:D

I just wanted to share...it was a long, hard road for us both, full oflots of frustration, tons of patience, and VERY hard work on both ourparts! It's moments like this, when I can give her the restof the day off in celebration, and truly know that I had a HUGE hand inthis, that I remember that, despite all the frustration, the pain, thecontinual renewal of patience, the times that I've had to just take amoment and remind myself why I was doing this with her...despite allthat, it was so worth it, and so rewarding!!

I love my girl, and knew she could do this...and reminded her everyday...and we got it done!! :D

This has been our first big goal reached...and it was a biggy!

Thanks for all the support and love you guys have thrown my way in myhomeschooling, and for reminding me how wonderful a thing it was to bedoing, when there were times that I truly doubted if it had been theright decision. Sometimes I really felt like this::hanging:Your support and love kept me going!! :D

Love and hugs to all,

Rosie and the Second Grade girl! :)

:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::yes::happydance:woohoo:wiggle:biggrin::heartbeat:

harpergraduate-small.jpg

Thank you, guys!!

Alicia, I gave her that big hug..

And MBH...she couldn't stop giggling at that picture...howCUTE!! Nothing like a message from Harper to make someonesmile!! :D

Love and hugs!!

OH, I forgot to mention!

Emily decided she wanted to get her ears pierced as a reward for havingfinished the First Grade...so we're going to go get them done onSaturday! :)

I'm excited, and boy is she, too!! :D

She'll be able to choose whatever piercing earrings she wants, and I'llask them to do them at the same time. I got mine done on mysixth birthday, and asked her for hers as well, but she was just toonervous about the whole pain side of it, hehe!

So, my girl will have earrings!! :D:D

I'm so excited!! :)

Congratulations!

Oh to be in second grade again.

Congratulations on the ear piercings. I was always too scared to have it done.

That's really great Rosie! You shouldbe proud of yourself! That is one thing I just couldn'tdo. I don't have the patience. Hey, at least Iadmit it.:D

Congratulations Emily! Way to go. Oh, and earringswill look great on you, you're such a pretty little thing!:wave:

:woohooWell done Emily!!!:party0002:

Now, if someone wouldn't mind explaining tome...we don't have grades here. There's Kindergarten before 1st grade,right? What age do you start school over there? Here we go to nursery(must be like kindergarten) at age 3, then start primary 1 atage4, that's the first proper year of teaching, it seems youstart later in the US?:?Thanks.

Yay! Congratulations!:elephant:

I got my ears peirced at Walmart when I was 8, so 10 years ago. BADIDEA! I flinched and the lady peirced my ear too low. So now I can'tguage them any bigger than a size 4:(.

- Amy

Okay, in working back from the graduating gradeof 12th here for the US, people normally start kindergarten at the ageof 5, which is the grade before the 1st grade.

Preschool, to my understanding, can be started anywhere from 3-4yrs.

:)

My daughter should have been done with her math book MONTHS ago, andwould have been more than a year ahead had they worked with her andhelped her acheive that. But, in looking at the calculations,and the fact that she just turned seven, she's technically still a goodamount ahead (given that she's been doing other Second Grade work sinceabout November, and that kids normally start the Second Grade at7yrs, and her 7th birthday was this past 17 Feb).

Anyway, there ya go...it just goes by numbers...

Preschool to Kindergarten to 1st and up to 12th. 1st through5th is called Elementary school, Middle/Junior High School is normally6th through 8th grades (but in some schools it doesn't include the 6th,and has the 6th grade in Elementary), and High School is usually the9th through the 12th grades. Kinda depends on the school'sideas of what grade should to where, oddly enough.

Anyway, there ya go! :)

Thanks for clearing that up for me Rosie:D,things are soo different here, it's interesting to hear how things aredone in other countries.:)

A very big CONGRATULATIONS to you and your daughter.

Wow - hard to believe its been almost 16 years since my twins graduatedthe first grade - we homeschooled K-12....and they are so glad we did.

Peg

Latest posts

Back