Wyoming law-be aware!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ape337

April
Reaction score
Wyoming RO members be aware!

It is illegal to take a picture of a rabbit in the month of June :biggrin:

mrbunny wrote:
Is this all true?

It's from a site that lists obscure laws in the US from each state. Nobody pays attention to them anymore but I found the site hilarious. I didn't post the link bc some of the laws are not appropriate for all age groups but it's there if you google around.
If you were from US I could have dug up a funny one for you too :biggrin2:

Sorry about this thread but I was feeling silly today. Hopefully it brings a few laughs to everyone.:)

Here are a couple funnies for PA

Ridley Park: You cannot walk backwards eating peanuts in front of the Barnstormers Auditorium during a performance.

Morrisville: It is required that a woman have a permit to wear cosmetics.

Danville: All fire hydrants must be checked one hour before all fires.

PA general:
It it illegal to sleepon top of a refrigerator outdoors.

Any motorist driving along a country road at night must stop every mile and send up a rocket signal, wait 10 minutes for the road to be cleared of livestock, and continue.

You may not sing in the bathtub.

Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his carwith a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.

MiniLopHop wrote:
Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.

Kinda wish this one was still in effect, people are stupid when it comes to seeing people riding by the road. I've had people honk, speed up and one time, they were stopped and we happened to be near the intersection and they took off on purpose and spewed up gravel at my horses hindquarters which pretty much made him flip out, it's dangerous when people do stupid things like that. You don't have to pull over or anything, but just slow down a bit and don't do something intentionally that will make the horse spook.

/rant. :p

In Arizona, it is illegal for donkeys to sleep in bathtubs.

Kipcha wrote:
MiniLopHop wrote:
Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his carwith a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.

Kinda wish this one was still in effect, people are stupid when it comes to seeing people riding by the road. I've had people honk, speed up and one time, they were stopped and we happened to be near the intersection and they took off on purpose and spewed up gravel at my horses hindquarters which pretty much made him flip out, it's dangerous when people do stupid things like that. You don't have to pull over or anything, but just slow down a bit and don't do something intentionally that will make the horse spook.

/rant. :p

In Arizona, it is illegal for donkeys to sleep in bathtubs.

As a kid I showed dairy cows in 4-H. I had a couple of yahoos throw a hand full of snaps (they are tiny things that when you throw them on the ground they make fire cracker-like pop sounds) under my cow as we were out strolling the fair grounds (by the barns). She took off and drug me a long way. I was so afraid Daisy Mae, me, or someone else would get hurt. Apparently they thought it was funny to do that to people. They ended up in BIG trouble.

Haha, I saw this list the other day. I think Alaska's would be my favourite all round. :p

'Alaska: Moose may not be viewed from an airplane. (MOOSE!)
While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.
It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane. (What kind of sick person would do that...to a moose?)
It is considered an offense to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose. (Heh-Heh...drunk mooses!)
Owners of flamingos may not let their pet into barber shops. '

discrimination against flamingos!

I believe a few states/provinces have had a similar law. I remember as a kid reading a book of funny old laws from Canada. One of them was if the driver of a vehicle approached a horse on the road, he was to pull over, DISMANTLE his vehicle, carry it past the horse, then reassemble it, before he could carry on his way! :p

Rue

Thanks for starting this thread! Amazing what stupid laws are on the books.

I could go on forever about some of the stupid laws in New Jersey, but won't bring it to this forum.

K :)

Throwing my home state under the bus:

Delaware: it is illegal to fly over any body of water, unless one is carrying sufficient supplies of food and drink.

And now it's new jersey's turn!

Raw hamburger may not be sold. :wink

When I was younger, several decades past, these were called "Blue Laws". They were ones that might have had a valid cause at one time, but were forgotten and never taken off the books when they became irrelevant. Used to be a hilarious read. My current favorite is "no selling cars on Sundays".

Anaira wrote:
Haha, I saw this list the other day. I think Alaska's would be my favourite all round. :p

'Alaska: Moose may not be viewed from an airplane. (MOOSE!)
While it is legal to shoot bears, waking a sleeping bear for the purpose of taking a photograph is prohibited.
It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane. (What kind of sick person would do that...to a moose?)
It is considered an offense to feed alcoholic beverages to a moose. (Heh-Heh...drunk mooses!)
Owners of flamingos may not let their pet into barber shops. '

discrimination against flamingos!
The one about viewing moose from planes is actually about hunting. You can't do a fly-over to find moose and then land your plane and shoot it.

And yes, unfortunately there are enough idiots up here that there have to be laws against getting large, dangerous wildlife drunk. :(

My dad got a bull drunk once on accident :)

Cleaned out the grain elevator (100% grain alcohol) and accidentally left the bucket too close to the fence. The bull was silly while drunk, but man was he grumpy with a hang over!

Latest posts

Back