Wyoming law-be aware!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a few for virginia
A man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman's posterior (so I guess its ok for them to pat another mans butt??)
Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween (so they can go any other day?)
It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car and waving a red flag (hmm??)
Its illegal to kick your wife out of bed (you heard it ladies, its ok for you to kick the man out of bed hehe)
Its against the law to tickle a girl under her chin with a feather duster in order to get her attention (what?? haha)

Okay, someone's gotta start the Texas jokes...I'll do it. :D

In Texas:
You cannot go barefoot without first obtaining a permit.
It is illegal to possess a pair of pliers.
It is illegal to milk another person's cow.
It is illegal to sell your eyes. Or your hair. Or your blood.
Criminals must give their victims 24 hour notice, either orally or written, explaining the nature of the crime that will be committed against them.

In Austin (had to share a city-specific one just 'cause I live here...):
Wire cutters cannot be carried in your pocket (yet...women can go topless...)

Oh, I love the Texas ones!

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.
Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased on Monday.
It is illegal for children to have unusual haircuts.

And for Minnesota
A person may not cross state lines with a duck atop his head.
Citizens may not enter Wisconsin with a chicken on their head.
People have tried this(with soft toy birds!) and they haven't been arrested. :p

Oklahoma's are hysterical! I can't post any here, because I would end up posting them all, and there are a few.:p

Nancy McClelland wrote:
When I was younger, several decades past, these were called "Blue Laws". They were ones that might have had a valid cause at one time, but were forgotten and never taken off the books when they became irrelevant. Used to be a hilarious read. My current favorite is "no selling cars on Sundays".

I remember blue laws! In MD you couldn't shop on Sundays. I think that was in the late 70's or early 80's? :shock:

Ok I'll play.

No runny eggs. Then it was OK.

No coffee, Then it was OK.

But it's OK to have Man Made Uranium in your "Safe Drinking Water".

And also in the State of New Jersey, they, the elected formalities, feel the people should be responsible for cleaning up all Superfund sites and then being made to pay through Open Space taxes to cover the polluter's butt and make us pay liability insurance on it as well. And then tell the neighborhood, though it's really not cleaned up, that it's safe.

Oh BTW, a federal consent order covering all Superfund sites, signed by the elected formalites makes us, innocent residents, defendants and accountable for what Big Corporations along with the Federal, State, County and Local Government have allowed to happen to our environment. We have no representation due to this Federal Consent Order. That's why I call them Elected Formalities.

Let's see who can top this one.

K :)

eta: It's good to know about the past, but you need to know about the present. What you speak of in terms of law, is when a man prized his horse, his farm, and his family before anything else. Today is a different story. Life is not as easy today as it was in the past.

Lol love the thread :)
Here's some from Australia :D

-It is illegal to wear hot pink pants after midday Sunday

-Taxi cabs are required to carry a bale of hay in the trunk.

-Only licensed electricians may change a light bulb.

BertNErnie wrote:
I have one for London, It's illegal for a cab driver to pick up fares from anyone who has the Plague.
Nothing like London for maintaining traditions - the last I heard, London cabs still had to have a trunk (sorry, "boot") large enough to hold a bale of hay for the horse. Sounds like Australia carried that one over - were any London cab drivers transported complete with taxi and hay?

"Blue" laws were actually those which prohibited activities on Sundays for religious reasons. When my father opened his first furniture store on Long Island (NY) in 1967, the no-sales-on-Sundays blue laws were still in effect. He used to open for browsing only, and the police actually came and investigated periodically to make sure that no one could buy furniture on Sunday.

Latest posts

Back