Write about your special bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loz n Ebony

Reaction score
hi people!!
Heres a chance for the people that dont really write in very much oranswer peoples questions because they dont no what to say, to write inand tell everyone about your bunnies (put pictures as well!)
I ll start off:
*clears throat*.
I have 2 bunnies one is called Ebony and the other is called Fidget

Fidget is only 10 weeks old hes dutch and hes ginger and white.
Ebony (im not sure what type) is all black (duh!) but she does however have a bald patch from an operation.
if i ever get photos i shall put them here.

So please write in (and paste picturesdont forget) about your special little guys or gals cos i think itwould be really interesting to hear all about them.
Lots n lots of love
lauren and Ebony and Fidget
xoxoxoxox:cool:

Hmm... I'msurprised that no one's answered to this yet; I would think that peoplewould leap at the chance to talk about their pets!:) I don't have any pictures on the web (though I'm workingon it), but I can talk about him.

Hi! My name isMelissa. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm 19, a collegestudent, and have one bunny. He's a black Holland Lop and hisname is Umbra (but my brother's new nickname for him is PrinceZagor). Umbra is the latin word for 'shadow' or'darkness', and I originally named him that because he would follow mearound the room like my shadow; and because he's black.;)

He is going to be one year oldnext month, and has recently recovered from a neuteringoperation. His favorite thing to eat in the whole wide worldis rolled oats. He prefers them even over Bananas.:shock:

--Melissa and Umbra

I have three rabbits (sorry no pictures at the moment). What are they like:

Patch- A black and white dutch rabbit He is about 4-5years old and he was bought at a fair in a place called Stokesley inGreat Britain. He is quite sturdy compared to my other animals. Patchwent through a traumatic time a year or two ago as he had his eyeremoved. His eye had swollen up to the point of it no longer been inhis skull (sorry for the horrible details) so it had to be removed. Thevet said it was due to the cold it affected his eye most. I am stillnot sure of the in and out of what happened but he is alot better now.He still lives outside but his cage has a wind block on the front, itonly lets minimal air to get in, just enough so he can breath. He lovessprouts but is not to keen on carrots. He also mates with anything insite rabbits, guinea pigs, cats, he'll have a go if he can.

Flick- A black lop, about 2-3 years old and was broughtfrom petsathome in England. He is a real character he loves ripping uppaper and running around with it. He also has an obsession for chasingmy youngest cat Florrie. When i bought him he still had one ear up, itwasn't till about another week or so that the other ear dropped. Helikes carrots but isn't keen on sprouts (the complete opposite toPatch).

Poppy- The newest of the bunch, if you have read somethings i have wrote before you will know about Poppy, i just carn'tstop talking about her. I got her two days ago she is a gray NetherlandDwarf- Lion Head and is 8 weeks old. (i will post a picture asoon as ihave taken one) So far she likes been held, likes me constantly andseems to like carrots. She is an indoor rabbit unlike the other twowhich live outdoors. She has a hay rack in her cage but instead ofreaching up to eat out of it she likes to jump up into it and becauseshe is small enough she sometimes lies in it. How Cute.

Oh well i better stop now or you will get sore eyes.:D:D

Jess_pjs.jpg

Hi Carrots,

You should check out these pictures. Another rabbit internetfriend of mine has become absolutely addicted to her lionheads. Check out the doo!http://www.geocities.com/claudiar84/Does.html

Hi Stickybird,

I never knew where you got the name Umbra from. That's very sweet. :)

Hi Loz & Ebony,

When Tucker's had enough of my typing on the system, he jumps on top ofmy keyboard (it's cordless, so it's usually on my lap or the couch.) He has no problems with being subtle! As you cansee, he's also got the rest and relaxation thing down!

Here's a picture of the little stinker during the first time thePatriots won the Superbowl in2001. He watches T.V.with me. I've since gotten a new tv set, but it used to crackme up how he could look straight on at the old one. Theydon't make televisions like that anymore. ;) Manypeople that don't know how rich in personalities rabbits are really geta shock when they see this picture.

-Carolyn

red_lion.jpg

What a cute picture of Tucker! :) If I couldafford a camera I would try to take cute pictures of my bun! lol. Shelikes my stuffed bunny so maybe someday I can get a picture of themsnuggling together!

pbunny.gif

~*Michelle*~

Hi Michelle,

Love that new icon you have of the Bunny!

You don't need a digital camera or even a scanner to put in apicture. I had taken the pictures you've seen of Tucker toCVS and had them download the pictures onto a diskette. Onceyou view them on your computer screen, you save them in your hard driveand the attachment feature below does all the work on getting it fromyour computer to the forum. A disposable camera will workjust as well, and as a matter of fact, there's disposable digitalcameras, but I don't know how much they are. You can get 5pictures on one diskette via CVS fora few dollars.

Just a thought!

-Carolyn

Um... I don't know what CVS is... must be anAmerican store :?But thanks for telling me anyway! :) I shalltry to find a store like that here.

Carolyn that picture is priceless! So cute!

I've been trying to get pictures of Mocha as I let him run in the snowtoday, but he won't sit still! he LOVES the snow and is just going nutsbeing able to dig and run and roll in it!

Spice was much easier, except he had to be by mom and it wasn't so easygetting pictures when he's pretty much glued to your side!

Thanks Pam. He doesn't mind being King too much, as long as I remember to serve him, everything goes smoothly. :)

By the way, Pam, they finished painting the rest of the apt. yesterdayand replaced the ceiling tiles. I was coughing up a storm and the airpurifier was sooo dirty. It's one of those Ionic Breeze ones where youwipe the blades. It was black, black, Black!

I was quite worried about Tucker being effected by the dust, but I seeno signs of him even noticing that yesterday was any different from anyother day.

You were right, they're tougher than I thought. Still fragile, mind you, but tough!

I'm so sorry, Michelle. I forgot that you were from Canada. I alwaysforget we're lucky enough to communicate with people all over the worldin this forum.

CVS is a pharmacy and a small department store as well. It has a photodept. where you can get your pictures developed and they have aphotocopying machine, literally. It copies photos and enlarges them orcan save the scan of the picture onto a 3x5 diskette. The instructionscome with the diskette on how to upload the pictures on your computer.Once you do that, you can post them on your computer. I'm sure theymust have someplace up there that has one of these machines.

How'd you get those other adorable pictures of Megan-Girl posted originally?

Thanks M&SMom! I'm so glad you guys are getting a kick out of him. It makes my day!

It's wonderful to hear that Mocha and Spice are having so much fun!Will enjoy the pictures whenever they arrive. No worries. I love thestory of our Mocha-mon in the snow!! What a little cutie! Spice is justsuch a little angel. He'd have to be to have the patience to deal withthat Monster-Man-Mocha!

-Carolyn

lol, Spice is an angel when anyone else islooking. And he doesn't put up with Mocha, havign to be seperatedsolved that issue, now they are just neighbors, lol though they stillput up with each other through the center wire.

Carolyn wrote:
By the way, Pam, they finished painting the rest of the apt.yesterday and replaced the ceiling tiles. I was coughing up a storm andthe air purifier was sooo dirty. It's one of those Ionic Breeze oneswhere you wipe the blades. It was black, black, Black!

I was quite worried about Tucker being effected by the dust, but I seeno signs of him even noticing that yesterday was any different from anyother day.

You were right, they're tougher than I thought. Still fragile, mind you, but tough!

I wondered how well those Ionic Breeze worked. We have so much dust here :?

Our new kitchen is slowly taking shape -- I think it's going to turn out really nice.

Pam

Pam,

I don't know how people deal with it when their house is in the stateof renovation. I have a few friends that have been saying how much of adrag it is to me, but until I had this place turned Upside Down, did Ireally understand what they were talking about. There wasn't one squareinch of this place that was spared from dirt, or paint, or dust. NotOne!

I Highly recommend the Ionic Breeze Purifiers. They're unbelieveable.They're pricey, but worth it. I was questioning it for over a year andsolicited a lot of people's opinions about it. A coworker of mine hadgotten one for his father who was asthmatic, and it helped him a lotsaid my friend.

I do smoke, not heavily at all but I do, and I got it for Tuckerbecause I worried about the 2nd hand smoke. I also have allergies whichI have to get shots for each week (that have yet to work).

Tucker used to sneeze occasionally. Now, he hardly ever does since Igot the purifier. Me? I definitely don't cough as much as I used to.Doctors claimed it was more from my allergies than smoking. OriginallyI was treated for walking pnemonia. I barely cough at all anymore.

Ask people around you. That would be the best advice I could give you.It's a lot of money, but I can tell you that one time I had 3 peoplesmoking in my apt. and it wasn't smokey in here at all. That in and ofitself amazed me.

Just my opinion. :)

-Carolyn

My brother had a digital camera but it recentlybroke and we haven't the money to buy a new one. Maybe I'll get one formy birthday in August :)

Sorry i don't have a picture yet

But

Chubbs - Is about a years old and we bought him from a pet rescuecentre. We had him for about 4 months now and he's great. He likes toeat wall paper and anything he's not supposed too especially chocolateoops!!!

He has recently beencasterated due to beinganti-socialand it has calmed him down lovely, he now giveslovely kisses and cuddles and likes our company.

We love him to bits

Ceri XXX

Dear stickybird,
Thankyou for replying to my post (iwas beggining to think no one would reply)
I think umbra is a really beautiful name for a rabbit and itwas a really clever idea of yours to take it from latin and he soundslovely!!

Dear carrots,
Patch flick and poppy all sound really lovely and i was laughing whenyou said poppy climbed in her hay rack (how cute) it sounded sooo sweetand u must get a picture of her doin that and post it! it would be socute!!!
i look forward to hearing more about them soon.

dear carolyn
What can i say?
Priceless.
As always your little tucker isso cute with his little habits and his pretty little face!

Dear Ceri,
Your little chubbs sounds really really sweet. He sounds like hes got abit of an appitite though!! Bless him!! I think its also really luvlythat you rescued him.
I hope to hear more about your cuddley rabbit soon!

And to everyone else that wrote thank you.

Lots of love
Lauren n ebs n fudge
xoxox
Ps. m&s mom i saw those pictures of your bunnies and they looked adorable!!!!
pps. "mybunnnylovesme" i hope u get a camara for your birthday!
xoxoxoxox

Loz,

You just HAVE to check out my girlfriend's Lion Heads. Did you click onthe website I posted? If not, please do. You'll lose your heart.

:)

-Carolyn

:DOh carolyn they are so beautiful!!:D:D There sofluffy and sweet!!!!!:D:D AWWWW! :DAnd that mini lop absouloutleygorgeous as well!!!!:D
:DThank you carolyn your friend is truly lucky to have those bunnies!!:Dtell her i think she has beautiful bunnies and that i say hi!!!!:D:)
Lots of love
Loz:D n ebs:) n fudge :dude:
xxxxxxxoooxxx:D:D:D:D:D

*laughs*

Hi Loz,

Can you believe those Hair-doos?

Angel-Bear just had babies. My girlfriend wants to give me one. Buckand his Bride are going out to meet her in CA as well as another memberof the Rabbits Only forum and I'm so tempted to have him bring one homefor me. I can't. I just can't! It wouldn't be fair to Tucker.

What a temptation though! Smokey-Bear's adorable too.

I don't groom my own hair like that, I couldn't imagine the work itwould be on a rabbit. Angel-Bear doesn't even look like a rabbit, shelooks like a little white lion. I know, I know, that's why they callthem lion heads, but I never actually saw one looking quite likeAngel-Bear.

*laughs* Obviously, you love them as much as I do. I hope everyonechecks it out. You can't help but crack up when you see that rabbit!

-Carolyn

P.S. Angel-Bear can be a little witch. She's strong, independent, anddetermined to get her way at all times. She's not as innocent as shelooks!

Hilo Carolyn!

I think that their really cute!! When i was shopping for a new bunny iseriously considered getting a lionhead because they were so cute! Butthen i saw cheeky fidget who was sprinting around his cage and i justfell in love with him!
Hes just got such an innocent face sat there like "it wasnt me i didnt do it"!

I had to do a double take when i saw angel bear cos i loked at it and ithought "look a giant ball of fluff" "wait a minute, thats a rabbit!!!"
They all look so cute n cuddly.
Lots o' love
loz n the bunnies
xoxox

Back