Wrigley: Smells, Grunts, Circles, and Chins

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Carolyn wrote:
You're not kidding!

When are you supposed to hear from them - any time frame? Ishe scheduled to come home tonight? I had to leave Tuckerovernight at the suggestion of the vet. I think he could'vehandled coming home, but they were just being extra cautious.

-Carolyn
WOW! That was quick. I just talked to the vet andeverything went well and he can be picked up in just a littlebit. :D:);)

Couldn't be happier for you! I adore that little guy and am So Happy it went well.

Let us know howhe does inrecovery.

Glad he get his Mom back shortly. He's going to be so happy to see you.

-Carolyn

I just talked to the Vet and they said he is doing great! He is eating right now :)

I've decided to wait a little bit before I pick him up so he can get some rest...I'm going to go get him at 3pm.

I'm going to go and clean up his cage some more before I leave.

:D

Jenn

You're an Ideal Mom, Jenn!

Glad to hear your baby boy'sokay.

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Will say some prayers for Wrigley.

Tucker was fine 2 days after his neutering. There are, byfar, more successes with neutering operations than problems.I know it's nerve wracking though; I'm not making light ofit. It's different when it's your own.

Keep us posted. I just adore Wrigley.

-Carolyn
Sounds like Tucker was like Bo. They do very well in shorttime. Still, Wrigley is in my prayers as well. Iwill be waiting to hear he's home!

Oh, and btw.... boys are generally hungry quicker.

babybunnywrigley wrote:
Carolyn wrote:
You're not kidding!

When are you supposed to hear from them - any time frame? Ishe scheduled to come home tonight? I had to leave Tuckerovernight at the suggestion of the vet. I think he could'vehandled coming home, but they were just being extra cautious.

-Carolyn
WOW! That was quick. I just talked to the vet andeverything went well and he can be picked up in just a littlebit. :D:);)
Yep, the boys are like a 10 min surgery or something. Plus,you had the laser thing done. That's just wonderful :)

Give him smoochies for me :)

Wrigley is home. I took him up to hisroom and opened his cage door and he went straight in. I'vebeen going in and checking on him every few minutes. He iseating some hay and trying to eat his seagrass mat. Poorlittle guy isn't moving around too much, which is definitelyunderstandable. I have to give him some painkiller medicationtonight and then tomorrow he starts taking some Baytril. I'vealso got to make sure he limits his activity and poops ;)

Jenn

*nepo* wrote:
I'm glad Wrigley is ok :)
Thanks Nepo :D

I'm happy to say that he is definitely pooping and peeing ;)

The crazy little guy has already decided that he doesn't want to be in his cage anymore.

Jenn

Nepo wants to be in thegarage instead of inside the house lol. When I take him out of his cagehe goes and scratches at the garage door lol it's so cute.:)

I just wanted to mention that Wrigley is doing well. :D

He is active, ripping up the carpet, eating, doing his business, and Itook a look at his incision and it looks pretty good. ;)

Jenn

Oh rats! They never gave mepost-op painkillers for Pipp, and the poor little girl sure could haveused them. She was in so much pain, she didn't eat for nearly24 hours, scared me half to death! (It couldn't have helpedthe pain factor thatshe shot out of her cage, jumped off thebed and attacked one of the cats a few hours after that. Somuch for keeping her quiet for a week).

How did you manage to give Wrigley the painkiller?

babybunnywrigley wrote:

I just gave Wrigley his painkiller and boy was that a ton of fun. :shock:

Pipp wrote:
Ohrats! They never gave me post-op painkillers forPipp, and the poor little girl sure could have used them. Shewas in so much pain, she didn't eat for nearly 24 hours, scared me halfto death! (It couldn't have helped the pain factorthatshe shot out of her cage, jumped off the bed and attackedone of the cats a few hours after that. So much for keepingher quiet for a week).

How did you manage to give Wrigley the painkiller?

babybunnywrigley wrote:

I just gave Wrigley his painkiller and boy was that a ton of fun. :shock:

It was in liquid form and after chasing Wrigley around for about a halfand hour we decided toput it in a little pumpkin and hegobbled it up lol.

He has to take the painkillers twice a day for 5 days and then he isalso taking Baytril so that he doesn't get stressed out and develop anupper respiratory infection. He takes the Baytril twice a dayfor 7 days.

My Vet told me that they like to be proactive about the medication because Rabbits are very easily stressed.

Jenn

I think Wrigley has decided that he is fully recovered :p...the doctor wants him to rest for ten days though.

Wrigley made me so happy today!! He gave me so many kisses itwas unreal! I mean he loves to give kisses, but today it justnever stopped. He also let me hold him *twice* withoutstruggling...I was so proud of my little guy!

Jenn

Doesn't it mellow them in a good way?

I found that Bo is still his happy little busy self, but he's a bit nicer and willing to sit and get some love from me too.

Latest posts

Back