Wrigley: Smells, Grunts, Circles, and Chins

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, that's good advice. I work aroundBo in similar manner. I am always talking to him and playingwith him so I guess he thinks I am just playing when I touchstuff. Sometimes if I do move too quickly or I go from oneroom and come back to him in his room to do something..... he gets alittle huffy.

His charging is just a step or two forward with his ears flattened andkinda lowering his head. We have to watch closely because hedoes this same thing without the steps when he wants petting orgrooming.

I'm too old to be learning a foreign language!!!! :p

From what I know of laser vs. conventional, theonly upside to laser is lessening blood loss. There's not a whole lotof blood loss associated with a neuter, so I don't know that having alasure surgery makes a huge difference. It doesn't affectpost-operative pain or anything.

babybunnywrigley wrote:
Wrigley is going to be neutered next Monday...I have todecide if I want him to have a regular surgery or lasersurgery :?
I hadn't heard they have the laser surgery. What is thedifference? I mean, don't they use the laser to open and remove thetesticles anyhow?

I think with a male, if the cost is much different, I would stick tothe conventional way. They do very well and regardless theywill go under anesthesia.

Keep us posted on the sweetie .... errrr.. booger LOL!

Bo B Bunny wrote:
babybunnywrigley wrote:
Wrigley is going to be neutered next Monday...I have todecide if I want him to have a regular surgery or lasersurgery :?
I hadn't heard they have the laser surgery. What is thedifference? I mean, don't they use the laser to open and remove thetesticles anyhow?

I think with a male, if the cost is much different, I would stick tothe conventional way. They do very well and regardless theywill go under anesthesia.

Keep us posted on the sweetie .... errrr.. booger LOL!

The Vet said that laser surgery would mean less discomfort forWrigley. It's $30 more. I definitely want to dowhatever makes Wrigley feel better. I'm going to talk aboutit with my family and see what they think. :D

I'll definitely keep you posted on my little "booger" heehee ;)

Jenn

Well, for $30 I would do it but it depends on finances there.

Give him a kiss for me if you geta chance before his next mood swing! :p

when you get wrigley home.......... takeadvantage of the pain killers and anesthesia..... he'll lay on you andsleep if you want him to LOL!

Bo slept on me for at least 24 hours after his surgery..... he doesthat anyhow, but he really slept good and I got to hold him the wholetime :)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
when you get wrigley home.......... take advantage of thepain killers and anesthesia..... he'll lay on you and sleep if you wanthim to LOL!

Bo slept on me for at least 24 hours after his surgery..... he doesthat anyhow, but he really slept good and I got to hold him the wholetime :)

Awww :shock:

I hope I'm feeling a little better tomorrow. I've had areally bad cold/flu. I didn't even get to see Wrigley at allyesterday :( I've only been able to poke my head inon Wrigley today. I feel so bad because I wanted to be ableto spend a lot of time with him before his surgery, but I don't want totake the chance of getting him sick (even though I've heard you can't Iwant to be careful). I'm also trying to rest up so I can takeextra good care of him tomorrow.

Jenn

I do the same thing when we are sick. Idon't go near the bunny and don't let the kids. I just don'ttake any chance.

I hope you feel much better tomorrow also! I know so many people are down with something this week.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
I do the same thing when we are sick. I don't gonear the bunny and don't let the kids. I just don't take anychance.

I hope you feel much better tomorrow also! I know so many people are down with something this week.

Thanks!

I don't know what I would do without my family these last fewdays. They have been taking such good care of Wrigley andmaking sure he isn't lonely. ;)

I'm starting to get nervous about tomorrow. How long did it take Bo to get back his normal self after he was neutered?

Jenn

after about 2 days he was pretty much doing allthe normal stuff. Boys do so much better than the girls causeit's so much less of a surgery! It's like the differencebetween having stitches and having someone cut our tummy open really.

Stitches, you are generally back doing whatever within a day or so and surgery takes 6 weeks!

Your vet will give you instructions, but the first 24 hours usually they want them not to jump or anything but that's about it.

after about 6 weeks I noticed a big change in that he stopped peeing onme, and just stoppedbeing a naughty hormonal boy.

Will say some prayers for Wrigley.

Tucker was fine 2 days after his neutering. There are, byfar, more successes with neutering operations than problems.I know it's nerve wracking though; I'm not making light ofit. It's different when it's your own.

Keep us posted. I just adore Wrigley.

-Carolyn

You're not kidding!

When are you supposed to hear from them - any time frame? Ishe scheduled to come home tonight? I had to leave Tuckerovernight at the suggestion of the vet. I think he could'vehandled coming home, but they were just being extra cautious.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back