Wrigley: Smells, Grunts, Circles, and Chins

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babybunnywrigley

Reaction score
Well, over the last few days I've noticed that Wrigley has started displaying some new behaviors.

Here is what my little funny bunny is up to lately...

-His new favorite things is to run around me in circles over and over again.

-I was lying down on the floor last night next to him and he kept grunting at me. He didn't seem like he was upset about anything because in between the grunting he was giving me kisses.

-Today he was in his litterbox going to the bathroom and all the sudden it started tosmell reallybad...and it wasn'thisstinky poop scent...it was weird.

-I've mentioned this before, but he is also starting to chin everything.

I just wanted to know are these all part of Wrigley growing up?

Jenn

Yep, your little Wriggley is going through puberty and he has picked you as his soul mate! That is what the grunting and circling is about, he is displaying his love for you! Are you planning on getting him altered? I would suggest it if you don't want him to start to spray everything you own.

Ask Rabbitgirl about Bub and his infamous spraying! Good luck with Wriggley and now you know how much he loves you!

Fergi's mom

Congrats! Starting a couple weeks ago,Cosmo began circling my feet...doing figure eights and whatnot! He also follow me around the room...love my bun!

-Vanessa

Fergi wrote:
Yep,your little Wriggley is going through puberty and he has picked you ashis soul mate! That is what the grunting and circling is about, he isdisplaying his love for you! Are you planning on getting him altered? Iwould suggest it if you don't want him to start to spray everything youown.

Ask Rabbitgirl about Bub and his infamous spraying! Good luck with Wriggley and now you know how much he loves you!

Fergi's mom

LOLI'm his soul mate :D

He is definitely going to be neutered. We were just waitingfor him to reach the correct age. It sounds like he'sready! ;)

Jenn

babybunnywrigley wrote:
Well, over the last few days I've noticed that Wrigley hasstarted displaying some new behaviors.

-I was lying down on the floor last night next to him and he keptgrunting at me. He didn't seem like he was upset aboutanything because in between the grunting he was giving me kisses.

-Today he was in his litterbox going to the bathroom and all the suddenit started tosmell reallybad...and itwasn'thisstinky poop scent...it was weird.

Was it more of a rotten garlic, onion musky smell?

Yes, that all seems to be him growing up.

Also, I cannot tell you how much better it is once you havethem neutered. The spraying has completely stopped withBo. He used to nail me all the time and pee on my leg! :X

Bo B Bunny wrote:
babybunnywrigley wrote:
Well,over the last few days I've noticed that Wrigley has started displayingsome new behaviors.

-I was lying down on the floor last night next to him and he keptgrunting at me. He didn't seem like he was upset aboutanything because in between the grunting he was giving me kisses.

-Today he was in his litterbox going to the bathroom and all the suddenit started tosmell reallybad...and itwasn'thisstinky poop scent...it was weird.

Was it more of a rotten garlic, onion musky smell?

Yes, that all seems to be him growing up.

Also, I cannot tell you how much better it is once you havethem neutered. The spraying has completely stopped withBo. He used to nail me all the time and pee on my leg! :X

Yup, it was a rotten garlic and onion smell :shock:

The oniony poo smell may not go away after altering.

Gir still has that smell when he gets grumpy or when he first comes outof his cage to play with Guinevere. I think, dont quote me onit, but rabbits have scent glands by their anus which they can make astinky smell to mark their poos.

I HATE it when he gets onery =p but he doesnt do it ALL the time like he did before he was altered.

Yes, they have the option of scenting their poosand it is part of the smell. Our vet said that smell was partof just being a boy bunny. However, we hardly ever smell itwith Bo now and if we do it's not nearly as bad.

I don't know exactly why, but it seems to be a bit milder with neutering?

When Bo hadn't been neutered, he would mark his poos and put them on ME! It was gross ! !

Wrigley's newest behavior is really upsettingme...everything else I can deal with, but now he's beingmean. I had him out and I was cleaning up and he attacked myarm. I can't even put my hand down in the room...everytime Ieven touch the floor he attacks me. He charges at me andbites me until I move. I was so upset I startedcrying. :(:(:(:(

I don't know what to do. I'm going to make his appointment to be neutered this week.

Someone please tell me that they had a bunny who went through this typeof thing and eventually got over it. I don't want my bunny tobe mean.

Will neutering help?

:(:?:(

I'm scared to touch anything in his cage...I'm scared to even be in the room with him.

Jenn

How old is Wrigly now?

Yes, they do get very aggressive sometimes. Granted, Bo wasnot as "mean" but he did go through a mean spell. He got verypossessive and it sounds like Wrigley is being possessive of the floor!

When Bo got a nasty attitude I told him "NO!" in a firm voice and made him settle down.

I did get a couple of nips that drew blood before he got neutered, butnow he's sweet as pie. IF he nips us for touching things inhis cage, he doesn't bite down, but more grabs us with his mouth andmoves our hand!

He'll get better, have patience and don't get too upset.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
How old is Wrigly now?

Yes, they do get very aggressive sometimes. Granted, Bo wasnot as "mean" but he did go through a mean spell. He got verypossessive and it sounds like Wrigley is being possessive of the floor!

When Bo got a nasty attitude I told him "NO!" in a firm voice and made him settle down.

I did get a couple of nips that drew blood before he got neutered, butnow he's sweet as pie. IF he nips us for touching things inhis cage, he doesn't bite down, but more grabs us with his mouth andmoves our hand!

He'll get better, have patience and don't get too upset.
Thanks Bo :)

He is almost 6 months old. I went upstairs to "test" him justa little while ago and he was back his normal self. I put myhands down in the area he was originally attacking me at and he didn'tdo anything. I even brought gloves with me just in case hewas still in a bad mood and he seemed fine...he was giving me kissesand doing binkies.

I'll be calling the vet today...I just wanted to wait until he was about 6 months old and he is just about there.

I'm glad to say that both me and Wrigley are doing better now ;)

Jenn

He might go through spells at different times in the day and/or different days. His hormones are raging.

Bo was just under 5 mos old when he was neutered. I think ifI had let him wait a bit longer, he might have gottennastier. I noticed the mild behaviors like spraying me rightbefore his testicles dropped. He had them removed the verynext week! lol

Bo B Bunny wrote:
He might go through spells at different times in the dayand/or different days. His hormones are raging.

Bo was just under 5 mos old when he was neutered. I think ifI had let him wait a bit longer, he might have gottennastier. I noticed the mild behaviors like spraying me rightbefore his testicles dropped. He had them removed the verynext week! lol
LOLWrigley hasn't sprayed me yet, but he sure is a stinky little guy :shock:

You're lucky! Bo got me about 5 times before it was all over. He did it about 2 times after his neuter.

It took him a good 2 mos to lose all of the nasty behavior he had..... maybe even 3!

Part of it I think becomes habit. So, you might have to work with him to break those habits once he's done.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
You're lucky! Bo got me about 5 times before it was allover. He did it about 2 times after his neuter.

It took him a good 2 mos to lose all of the nasty behavior he had..... maybe even 3!

Part of it I think becomes habit. So, you might have to work with him to break those habits once he's done.

I was beginning to think that my guy would be the perfect little bunnyforever. Then Friday out of nowhere he turned into this crazylittle bunny. lol

I'm definitely calling the Vet today once they open...:)

Jenn

Don't get upset by the charging and grunting, mybunny still does that after neutering, I've found that a good way todeal with it is to say the loud 'No's' but also make sure you're bunnydoesn't perceive you as sneaking up on them or making and sharpmovements. Benjamin allows me to pick stuff up off the floorthats near him if I move slowly and I give hima pat on thehead just before I move stuff. It makes tidying up a lotlonger job as you ahve to be so stealthy about it but it's worth it ifit keeps your little guy happier.:p

RebeccaUK wrote:
Don't get upset by the charging and grunting, my bunny stilldoes that after neutering, I've found that a good way to deal with itis to say the loud 'No's' but also make sure you're bunny doesn'tperceive you as sneaking up on them or making and sharpmovements. Benjamin allows me to pick stuff up off the floorthats near him if I move slowly and I give hima pat on thehead just before I move stuff. It makes tidying up a lotlonger job as you ahve to be so stealthy about it but it's worth it ifit keeps your little guy happier.:p
Thank you for the great advice! I will definitely try and be more careful when I pick things up.

I just want Wrigley to be happy. :D

Jenn

Latest posts

Back