Wow...what a way to market your animals. :-(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendymac

Reaction score
The called Couture Cavies or Critters or something...saw it on FB. :-( Am I the only one that thinks this is wrong?

16069_151808_150000000.jpg

Awhh :( poor little guy, I would never do that I think their natural colors are beautiful as they are, you're definitely not alone I think it's wrong also

Its probably just food coloring ... they so it to chicks every year at Easter and some people so it to their dogs. As Dr as harming them its not and i personally say if u want to decorate your pet with clothes or whatever do for it as long as the pet doesn't mind. However selling them this at i have a problem with just like the chicks when the color wears off they are no longer wanted which is sad.

I just can't imagine WHY someone would feel the need to do this. It's not like the color is going to stay there forever, so will the new owners just keep dying it? smh...

No the new owners will not want it anymore. That's what happens with all the Easter chicks. That's y i say it didn't hurt them but marketing them this way causes unwanted pets cause literally THE CUTE WEARS OFF

The coloring isn't completely harmless for g pigs, rabbits or chicks, though probably the risk of cancer isn't that big. But a bigger problem is that people who buy an animal this way want an accessory & not a pet.

How is the horrible? The animal's not being harmed, and the owner isn't trying to advertise dyed animals for sale. From the owners via the ARBA Facebook page:

"Aspen a 6 month old dark eyed white coronet cavy. Having a lil fun for LGBT month. Aspen was not harmed in the making as they dye was animal safe. If anything Aspen enjoyed the veggies for the two hours this took. Visit Couture Cavies Facebook page for more photos."

I thought the photo was pretty cool actually...

Oh. Cool its his pet and he had a reason ... if its your decorate away lol lots of dogs get dyed and wear clothes and don't mind ... as long as they are not selling it as a novelty then np harm. I do however feel bad for all the chicks people buy that are pink and don't want them when it fades off

It's really a good idea to know why a picture was taken. Anyways, that's kind of a terrible way to market an animal; the colours aren't incredibly vivid, so it looks strained out and not something you would want to see on a thing to purchase. it'd probably work against it.

<3 I can't help but want to dye Napoleon for gay pride. She would never tolerate it though. Woops.

Well, that's not what they posted on someone's wall that's on my friend's list (who I don't even know...not even sure how they got there). I'll see if I can find the post they put on there.

I think maybe the knee jerk reaction is to say that it's wrong. But if you really think it through it might not be.

Obviously the explanation says alot. They weren't marketing this piggie that way. And she wasn't harmed.

People "decorate" their animals in various ways, clothes, grooming, haircuts, heck my neighbor paints her dogs toenails :), collars with decorations and gems, and of course hair coloring.

The appropriate dye will not cause cancer. And each pet owner she decide if their pet can tolerate it. Would i do it to Agnes? No, but thats just me. But long story short is this always isn't a BAD thing, IMO.

I think it's adorable. Not sure about the 'marketing' thing because I'm not a breeder but what a cute idea to fassionize a cavie.

I've seen Poodles and Bichons colorized this way before. Still think it's cute!

I think someone has too much time on their hands lol it's pretty though! Totally agree, if it's not a marketing scheme and doesn't hurt the animal, then eh who cares lol

Latest posts

Back