work and school?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
Hello,
Im curious If anyone here has a “part time job” and full time college student (online) when having a bun?
Anyone have any advice? I’m worried that the buns aren’t getting much attention?

I have a full time job and a single bunny. This is something that I think about all the time. When I come home, all my attention goes to her. But so far, she is still happy and binkying around so I'm not too worried just yet.

If you have more than one, they have each other's company so I think they're fine.

I have a full time job and a single bunny. This is something that I think about all the time. When I come home, all my attention goes to her. But so far, she is still happy and binkying around so I'm not too worried just yet.

If you have more than one, they have each other's company so I think they're fine.

Right I’m always worried about them. I have two not bonded yet but will 🤞I hope their happy they run to me when Im back it’s usually late nights. Im also stressed with school i know it’s also online I’m trying to do three things at once give them attention, work, school.

I'm a full-time college student with a part-time job, and that sometimes means the bunnies get a little less cuddle time than I wish, however I've also found that study time is a great bunny time. I learn by explaining, so I've found that reading textbooks aloud to the rabbits or explaining what I'm working on helps concrete the info for me and allows the rabbits playtime that is productive for me too. Since I have a bonded pair, they are pretty content to just chill with each other when I'm gone.

I used to leave a night light on for Willa when I knew I would be home late or turn on a movie for her and leave some toys that would be fun and time consuming to destroy! She has Foxwell now, and prefers to spend her time being doted on by her bunny love! :)

Hello,
Im curious If anyone here has a “part time job” and full time college student (online) when having a bun?
Anyone have any advice? I’m worried that the buns aren’t getting much attention?
Yep, that’s me. It’s hard. I prioritize essentials like changing the litter box, keeping the pen clean, feeding times, and at least 4 hours of run around time. I’m super vigilant over his health and always on the lookout for any potential changes. I really think that’s all it takes to give a bun a great life. Remy has tons of chew toys, comfy pillows, access to unlimited hay, fresh greens, high quality pellets, vet care, and lots of love. I can’t give him all the time I’d like but I’d say he’s pretty privileged. When I move into a bigger place (whenever that is) I hope to get him a pal.
I’m very hard on myself though. My brain is always telling me im not doing a good job.

I'm a full-time college student with a part-time job, and that sometimes means the bunnies get a little less cuddle time than I wish, however I've also found that study time is a great bunny time. I learn by explaining, so I've found that reading textbooks aloud to the rabbits or explaining what I'm working on helps concrete the info for me and allows the rabbits playtime that is productive for me too. Since I have a bonded pair, they are pretty content to just chill with each other when I'm gone.

I used to leave a night light on for Willa when I knew I would be home late or turn on a movie for her and leave some toys that would be fun and time consuming to destroy! She has Foxwell now, and prefers to spend her time being doted on by her bunny love! :)
Aww I’ll probably try that myself. I don’t have a desk in my room so I really do my work and reading on my bed. All my text books are rented I don’t want them to destroy them 😂 I’m planning I’m getting a desk soon!

Yep, that’s me. It’s hard. I prioritize essentials like changing the litter box, keeping the pen clean, feeding times, and at least 4 hours of run around time. I’m super vigilant over his health and always on the lookout for any potential changes. I really think that’s all it takes to give a bun a great life. Remy has tons of chew toys, comfy pillows, access to unlimited hay, fresh greens, high quality pellets, vet care, and lots of love. I can’t give him all the time I’d like but I’d say he’s pretty privileged. When I move into a bigger place (whenever that is) I hope to get him a pal.
I’m very hard on myself though. My brain is always telling me im not doing a good job.
Yes, so true we’re to hard on ourselves when I’m at work I’m always thinking if there’s okay and happy. This makes me feel better glad I’m not the only one! I give them lots of love before I leave. I also leave both of there favorite blankets too! Plenty of hay and water although my boy bun has a habit of tipping his over.

From everything I know about little Remy's life, I hope that I am reincarnated as your rabbit one day... That little guy is so loved and so spoiled

I don't know if i'm in college now as "college" is defined differently everywhere across the world, and i don't really know if i can call my assignments a "part time job" but i will do my best to try and explain the simplified situation and get to my point.
In Estonia you usually graduate 9th grade at age 15-16 and then move on to either vocational school or gymnasium/middle school?(keskkool/gümnaasium) for grades 10-12.
I attend vocational school 1st year and we now have "business practice," essentially job with no required pay, so me with my sometimes adult mind calls it "work" and since it's not 8-18 every day i'd say it's part-time so in our country's term i sort of fit the criteria?
I only have a single bun, Storm, whose bond i'll be working on for at least half a year to come, so in my mind he needs a bit more extra attention than a bonded adult bun would(as was with Musti) and it really pains me when i have the part time "job" when i can't be bonding with him. Mum and dad are also for some reason really persistent (read hell-bent) of never getting Storm a bondmate while he and i are in my parents' household so that makes it even harder for me. It was the same with Musti. And unlike with him, mum is also either too scared or lazy to spend time with Storm so he won't get the good amount of socializing that i'd like him to get.
There are really no "lesson" type lessons any more so all students were cut some slack on that part. Teachers still give supplementary lessons and whatnot, but technically the school year is over in Estonia.

I just try to squeeze in as much of the extra time i can muster (when mosquitos won't eat me alive) to make up for all the time i'm missing out on. I don't really like to but sometimes i ask my dad to fill in when i'm in too much of an hurry so that he can fill Storm's bowl with clean water and give him fresh food, maybe some talks and pets if he allows dad to do so. Because sometimes i'm in a hurry but i also want Storm to not be afraid of males.

Latest posts

Back