WoodyPet is soaking up...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
Ought-oh! Have we been toosuccessful promoting WoodyPet as a litter? Our moderator,Carolyn, purchased 4 bags for me last weekend and reported that herTractor Supply Company's price has gone from $4.99 per sack to $5.23,plus tax, about a 5% increase. Still a deal, but.....now 5%less of a deal. What's happening in your area?

Carolyn waspassing through our area on some otherbusiness, so the WoodyPet was transferred between vehicles in aconvenient empty Barnes & Nobles' parking lot along her routeof travel, looking not unlike a drug deal I suspect! LOL

What we don't do for our bunnies!

Buck

I think it wasstill about 5.00 when we picked our up at Tractor Supply a couple weeksago. It will be time to go again in about two weeks. I'll let you knowthen!

Raspberry

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
VNess2010 wrote:
The closest place to get woody pet for me is 45 min, so Iordered it from adamspetsupply online...it was $20 for a 30 pound bag,that includes s & h...buck, how big are the bags that you getfor $5?

the ones i get at my feed store are $4.99 and are the 30 lbsize....
Oh wow! I wish I could find somewhere closeto me that has it!! But I'm so lazy I would rather get itdelivered to me for $20 than travel far and get it for $5...

Ok, I went to Agway.com and apparently there aretwo stores within 15 min from my house that carry agway products....Ijust sent them both emails asking if they carry woody pet...if they doI'll be saving so much money!! yay!!

sandhills_rabbits wrote:
VNess2010 wrote:
The closest place to get woody pet for me is 45 min, so Iordered it from adamspetsupply online...it was $20 for a 30 pound bag,that includes s & h...buck, how big are the bags that you getfor $5?

the ones i get at my feed store are $4.99 and are the 30 lb size....
Same-same here.

Buck

I only used half a bag of Woody Pet in a month sofar. So $5.00 for 30 lbs. is an excellentdeal for me. I bought 10 bags when I first got them.

How do I make it last so long? I only scoop out the reallywet spots and then stir the mix withmore new WoodyPet. The poop doesn't get in, as I use a screen on top of thelitter. The screen keeps Pebbles from sitting in the sawdust.

Now lets see........10 bags.....2 months a bag.........will last me 20 months :D.

Rainbows! :)

Ok guys..I got an email back from one of the stores that carries agway products...this is what he had to say:

Vanessa, I don’t stock the product because we no longer have a petdepartment. However, I do order products for customers thatfind my location convenient for them. I could order on aweekly basis for you and have it arrive on a Friday. Yourprice for a 30# bag would be $6.29. Call me oremail me with any question or to order the product. Thanks!

What do you guys think?You think I should go to this guy (about 15-20 minutes from my house)and get those bags or keep ordering? I think it's reallygreat of them to order products for people likethat!

-Vanessa

Have you gone to the Tractor SupplyCompany site? It lists about a half dozen outlets in theReading area. I couldn't link it here for some reason, but ifyou went there and accessed their site in the area, I am sure one mustbe within 20 minutes of you, like the Away. Buyfive at TSC prices and get one free as compared to the Agway.

For all I know, TSC might deliver as well.

Buck

P.S. WoodyPet Professional Animal Bedding is actually intended as abedding for horses. Are horses catered to in the "petdepartment?" If Agway doesn't have feed and product forhorses in its staple, what do they have anymore? Our local Agway foldedabout two years ago, so I have no clue what they provide nowadays.

Just wanted to say that I just went to Orchelin's(where I get my woody pet & feed products) and they had their woodypet on sale for $3.99 a bag. I normally dont buy it til the weekend (Igo every Saturday) but I couldnt help but stock up on it at that price!They told me that they were going to keep it at $3.99 until the13th.....

Woo Hoo!!!

Buck,

Never thought of what it would look like to load up your vehicle with WoodyPet. *laughs*

The look on my friend's face was quite puzzled when I said we'rebringing this stuff with us. Some things just aren't worth explaining.

-Carolyn

Buck Jones wrote:
Have you gone to the Tractor Supply Companysite? It lists about a half dozen outlets in the Readingarea. I couldn't link it here for some reason, but if youwent there and accessed their site in the area, I am sure one must bewithin 20 minutes of you, like the Away. Buy fiveat TSC prices and get one free as compared to the Agway.

For all I know, TSC might deliver as well.

Buck

P.S. WoodyPet Professional Animal Bedding is actually intended as abedding for horses. Are horses catered to in the "petdepartment?" If Agway doesn't have feed and product forhorses in its staple, what do they have anymore? Our local Agway foldedabout two years ago, so I have no clue what they provide nowadays.
Yes, there is a TSC about 15 min from me...I'll see what their prices are as well! Thanks for all the help!

Pssst........Want get some Woody Pet cheap?

Dave jr. at Woody Pet sellsone pallet (75- 30 lb. bags) for $222.00 + tax which works outto$2.96 + tax per bag.This is at an Edmontonwarehouse.

Nowyou know the wholesale prices.

Edit: Don't tell JimD! :shock: lol

Rainbows!:)

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Well, good deal!

I'm telling you, Vanessa, it's a lot lot better stuff than any litter Ihave tried. Someone told me about it a longggg time ago...and I didn't know what she was talking about and I didn't know if itwas ok for them.

This stuff is great! and cheap!
Oh B, I know!! I've got a bag right now, which I orderedonline, totalling $20!! which is why I am trying to finddealers near me...which I have!! Yay!! I loove it though...Ilike how the pellets completely change their constitancy when they getwet, and then it all just falls neatly into the trash bag!!And no more scrubbing to get urine stains off, because there arenone! I looove my woody pet!!

I'm so glad I found this site, I would have never known the bestproducts to use! If it weren't for this site, Cosmo would bedeprived of woody pet, craisins, and vinegar scrubbings!!YAY!!!

Ok! I got another email from the second place that I contacted and here it is:

"yes we do carry woody pet, and several lookalikes. i think the pricing is $5.29. can't say forsure my email is at home not at work.
fay, mgr"

Think I might go with this one, since it ischeaper! And they don't have to order it for me, they alreadyhave it there! What do you think?

-Vanessa

perhaps a reason for the price increase. Iunderstand from my agway that woody pet has now created ageneric brand of pellet.. it come in a clear bag.. i forget what itsays on it, and is supose to be created by the woody pet people justpackaged differently for 20 cents less.. the guy tells me it suposdlycomes straight from the same hopper.. and he's had conments all overthe board from it's the same, it's better to it's worse...

this news is from wednesday as I bought litter then.. 10 bags in my car;)

Gabby has an insidetrack on the info! :)Their reasoningseems silly tome! If it was a significant savings I could see repackaging and puttingout a generic. But with a product of that size .20 is not asignificant savings.

I mean take national brand vegetables forinstance vs. generic. Your talking a .79 item for the national brandand .49 for the generic. You would think an item the size/price of abag of Woody Pet, the savings on the generic would have been moresignificant. Sorry, just thinking/typing outloud! :?

Hmmmm....I suppose for REALLY BIG stablesand such over the fiscal year it might be a big enough difference tomatter...I'm just thinking like a housewife, who anyone who truly knowsis aware, we are the financial wizards when it comes to budgets!:dude:

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back