Wondering what your average spay/neuter costs are?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting to see all the variety in prices, but I guess it really does depend on the cost of living in your area. In Alaska I was quoted over $370 to spay a rabbit and about $250 for a neuter.. Although, a lot of places will do it for cheaper now, but this was about 10 years ago. The boys I got I had a rabbit rescuer friend send in for neuters since she got a "bulk discount" on neuters but not spays (go figure).. The vets thought they were too risky at the time due to a lack of experience.

I did a search around my area - Ottawa, for neutering my Holland Lop...the first two were $395 and $426 respectively. The petstore rep that I bought my rabbit from advised me it would cost around $100.00 for the neuter. I then recieved a quote for $170 plus pain med costs from a local animal hospital. The petstore's associate advised me that her rabbit died while in that hospital's care and to stay away...so I did. I received a recommendation from my wife's friend for a Vet across the river on the Quebec side, which was only a 15 minute drive. The cost was $206, which included the surgery, anesthetics, post-op pain meds and taxes. I am happy to say that the experience (for me and Patches) was great...he's a wonderful bun and healthy and happy(*touches wood) :) The procedure was done in September at 6.5 months of age. We got him July 30th and he took a few weeks to be litter trained, but still poo'd on the floor of his rabbit condo relentlessly...LOL. He also started spraying. 2 weeks after neutering, he ONLY Poo's and Pee's in his litterbox :) Could be partially the neutering and partially getting used to his new environment...but I'm glad(*touches wood again).

BTW...the salesrep had also told me that the local college veterinary program had neutered her rabbits for $30...after checking with them, I was advised that they no longer provide spay/neuter services for the public.

Imran

Back