Winter warmth for Bunn

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyGrandbunns

Reaction score
Hi everyone. My lovely Grandbunn-belongs to daughter who is now flatting- is a Widower now. His "wife" sadly died suddenly a few months ago. He seems fine and our wee dog sits near him and hangs around him- tho usually as she is foraging his food! He lives er in my dining room/kitchen in an open and every growing "city" of cardboard boxes and mats. Our house is very cold in winter and i am not sure what is best for the cold winter nights. My daughter bought him a warm igloo but he never used it- tho the wee dog sat in it a few times. Does anyone who has an indoor bunny recommend something cosy and warm? I have mats in cardboard boxes but he often sits on top. He also likes hiding under a laziboy chair. He doesn't have a friend to get warmth from now which i feel very sad about. thanks everyone :)

If you can stand it, it is ok for your bunny. Rabbits can cope with cold way better than heat, in winter I have 10-15°C in my house and that's pretty much ideal rabbit temperature.
I start doing stuff for my outdoor rabbits when it starts to get below -10°C, like wind protection for their hutches.

If you can stand it, it is ok for your bunny. Rabbits can cope with cold way better than heat, in winter I have 10-15°C in my house and that's pretty much ideal rabbit temperature.
I start doing stuff for my outdoor rabbits when it starts to get below -10°C, like wind protection for their hutches.
Hi there- thanks for answering! Well me and wee doggy are in my bedroom with heater on. Bunny's area has no heater and it think it gets colder than under 10 when really cold. I was thinking of leaving dining room door open a bit and my bedroom door so he can come in to our room overnite if he wants. But a bit of logistics involved with cords, clothes and bags hiding!!

Latest posts

Back