Winter Musing........

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck Jones

Reaction score
Twenty degrees F registering on the large,outside garden thermometer. Snow is swirling and eddying about as Ilook out the window at the hutches in the back yard.

Plexiglas "storm panels" are installed and I can see the buns cleaning,preening and washing their faces, or snoozing in the midst of winter'sheavy hand.

They are obviously comfy and cozy.

All is right, here,...for today.

Buck:)

The snow hasn't hit here yet, Buck, but people areready to stay home tomorrow.

-Carolyn

Oh, wow ... this sounds like a lovely scene ...

Buck, I forget how spoiled rotten your babies are too! ... :)

We had 24 inches of snow and hardly any caraccidents in December..hmm maybe thats cause no one could get out andwere busy shoveling away!

Then we got flooded way when all the snow melt and we had loads of rain in January with hardly any car accidents.....

We got our little bit of snow today and ended up being only about aninch of snow! The snow was on the roadways this morning but are nowjust on the grass. My area doesn't use salt on the roadways..:?I came upon an accident today that I could have been in ifI hadn't stopped at McDonalds for breakfast.

With a little bitofsnow there were sure a lot ofcars in theditch and accidents! Maybewe'vehad3 weeks too long without snow on the roads and they forgothow to drive on it.

Funny. As long as I've been here, I really don't know much about Buck's Buns. :shock:

I know the one in your avatar is yours. That's it! Give me the scoop dude! :p

It is a chilly 32F and still snowing here. Wewoke up to a world of white. It is absolutely Beautiful. We've gottenabout 5 or 6 inches. Jeremy was off of school today.

Apollo has never seen snow before. So I bundled up and braved the coldso my Baby could check it out. I was amazed by his reaction. Apolloloves snow. He ran all around, dug himself a few good sized holes inthe yard, and was actually doing binkies. He got to chase the dogaround.He showed Jeremy what bunny tracks look like in thesnow. He even posed for a snow sculpture we tried to biuld in his honorbut the snow won't hold together.

All that excitement wore the little Angel out. He's been napping eversince We brought him in. I normally hate the cold but today was areally good day.

Tina

Twenty degreesF and still snowing.Changed out the herd's water crocks and was glad that I did as thewater had just iced over thick enough a bun couldn't easily breakthrough for a drink.

Interesting that it seems the body heat of two buns in the hutch isenough to delay water from freezing quite as quickly as it does in thehutch with one bun.

Wire floors. Straw provided in the "sleeping/eatingcompartment" but not in the "living quarters" which currently have theplexiglas storm panels. Buns rarely hang out in the former,but spend most their time in the latter, looking out. Iguess, it is their innate curiosity and "busyness" that makes them wantto be where the action is.

Our first bunny, Montie would hang out inside the sleeping/eatingcompartment, but just at the entrance hole, so he could gaze outwardly,and still partake of the action.*chuckle*

Buck

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
I came upon an accident today that I could have been in if I hadn't stopped at McDonalds for breakfast.

Time for you to thank your angels for protecting you at that time!

And you guys crack me up with those funny little pictures you put in here.

Carolyn with that whacked out smiley bouncing on the bed, snow outside the window,

You with your bouncing car etc .

I swear I sit here and laugh at them.

I'm gunna get me some of those there pictures soon LOL

yeah theres still snow here! :(stupidsnow! arggggg! LOL.. about the same as in the picture of Cinn in frontof the window! lol.. the snow should go away! all you people who livewhere there is no snow.... Can i move in with you??? LOL!

ariel wrote:
Carolyn with that whacked out smiley bouncing on thebed, snow outside the window

It represents a Snow Day - which we didn't get today, but it did snow.

-Carolyn

6 inches of snow to shovel so the dog can go outbefore I dig the car out and scrap the ice off so I can drive onreeeeeally slippery highways so I can get to work.....:shock:

Don't find anythin " 'musing " 'bout it at all !!!

:~) Jim

Carolyn wrote:
ariel wrote:
Carolyn withthat whacked out smiley bouncing on the bed, snow outside thewindow

It represents a Snow Day - which we didn't get today, but it did snow.

-Carolyn

Well I'll have to find some sunshiney bright stinking hot turn theair-conditioner on all day and all night pictures :p:p:p:p:p:p

this is one strange thread but ...

we havnt had any snow yet here not srue what the temp is!

if we do get any snow it wond be till late december and that wontsettlemuch. after that come jan or feb we might have somemore snow but it will only come to about 2 inches at msot proberly soschools will proberly get a day off but thats all!

the buns dotn seem to mind the snow too much. they sjut hope about asusall, i have blankets over their hutches which falp down to cover thefront and carpets go over them when it gets really cold!

At noon we are at -22C (-8F) with some wind chill and more snow.
I used my snowblower once already, normally I would use a snow shovel.

By Wednesday we expect temps of -31C (-24F).
animatedfear.gif

The city crews have being clearingsnow dayandnight, but when theyscrape the roads,it becomes glare ice.

Rainbows! :cool:

Latest posts

Back