Winston and Charlie's first blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winston is the CUTEST thing!! Laying in those feeding dishes just about killed me! and Charlie is so tiny!! Love the photos of the ears falling - never even knew they did that?

They are all so cute and love your Blog...

Thank you I happen to think they're adorable too!

We've started to construct the new bunny area, it will be much bigger to accommodation both rabbits after Winston is neutered. I'm still letting them meet occasionally, with my close supervision to ensure there is no hanky panky. Charlie usually ignores Winston and he follows her (not in an aggressive way more like "hey woman stop and say hi". After she's done ignoring him she will lay down and he will start licking her. It's all very sweet but I'm always right with them (i only let them meet on my couch so i can sit and be right there).

I'm waiting impatiently for Winston's other ball to drop so we can get him neutered. I just checked them and I can palpitate the one that hasn't dropped but the vet said to wait till they've both dropped, if they do. What happens if they don't drop? I imagine it will make for a more complicated surgery, so I hope they do eventually drop.

I'm really excited about the bunny space, I've been showing my dad and his friend that is helping him build it pictures of your nice bunny homes as inspiration. They seem to think they can outdo you guys, but I have some very large doubts lol. I have a feeling they're going to make something ugly. I'm especially worried about the Wiring they're going to use. I told the that it shouldn't have any sharp edges and it should all be framed with wood. I'm thinking of just buying those clip together ones, although I haven't seen them anywhere yet.

This is the area that it will occupy.
odd.jpg

It's going to be a bit smaller than it could have been because we can't move the cable cords.So it will be built around them to be safe. Excuse the giant mess as I said we're just taking everything out and rearranging the room for the. The new area will be just over 50 square feet I believe.

This is what the old room (closet looks like) now, you can see my little Winston enjoying some hay.

DSCN0034.jpg

I said to leave more free space, I feel like Winston doesn't have enough room to run around.

Oh oh oh !!! I went out and bought some basil and mint and grass, Nasturtium and dandelions (i didn't buy those my dad is bringing some home from the cottage so I can grow them. I"m so excited I know they won't be able to eat them right away but it says that it takes a month to two to grow them soo... I've never grown anything so I'm thinking this will take a lot of patience and trial and error.

Anyways I suppose that is all right now. Any advice on any of the above would be appreciated !!!

What very well spoiled buns you have! They are so lucky to have you (and vice-versa).. Loved the bunny (closet) city - reminded me of something Incan.. But yes, room to run would be nice..

Can't wait for the new area to be completed I cannot even imagine what you have up your sleeve for them!!

Boy was it hot today, I'v been spraying myself with a spray bottle in between showers to prevent myself from melting. The rabbits have been sleeping with their frozen water bottles lol. It's worth it though !!!! As I posted earlier, my Basil has sprouted and so has my nasturtiums. It just happened today because this morning I checked and there was nothing and then this afternoon there was little sprouts. Here is a picture of the basil and the mint. The nasturtiums is planted in an actual pot right now and the sprouts haven't come to the surface yet. OK here is the Basil and Mint, the mint is barely sprouting, and not very quickly the Basil is the little green buds.

DSCN0190.jpg

I'm so excited I've never grown anything in pots before !!! I had a garden at my house but all I ever did was eat the strawberries.

My plants are coming along although my grass has died, that upset me a little but I can try again. The soil was crawling with some sort of maggots just under the top.

I have two new (temporary) additions, two abandoned kittens about two weeks old. I have to feed them every four hours so I haven't slept more than an 3 hours today. I'm not good at going back to sleep after I wake up. They're so cute, I so want to keep them but I can't :cry4:

I feel so bad for them, they came really close to not making it, they were moving crates with a forklift and a kitten fell out of one, so they stopped and searched and found another. I don't even want to imagine what might have happened. I"m just glad now they'll have a chance at a nice life.

It's a boy and a girl, we're calling them luke and leah because my boyfriend was watching star wars when we were learning how to feed them.

The vet said that they're about 2 and a half weeks old and that they have a good chance at survival, so I have my fingers crossed.

Aww, thats so sad. What kind of jrek would abondon kittens like that

WE haven't ended up calling them luke and leah lol. I know it's sad that people would do that. My boyfriends mom is taking at least one of them so I'm relieved at that. I'm also thinking she will probably end up keeping the other. The girl is a little trouble maker and the boy is so laid back.

We still haven't taken Winston in because one of his umm you know what's hasn't dropped, I'm thinking we may just have to do it regardless. Our vet wanted to wait but it's just not happening so I will have to talk to her.I want to start bonding them before they're a year old lol. I'm confident that it will be easy because when I let them meet now, Charlie just sits there and Winston kisses her on the face. I don't let him anywhere near her behind so it's all face kisses because I'm afraid of what might happen. Charlie is almost (less than a week away) six months old now and she will have to be spayed soon as well, I'm lucky in the fact that both of them are staying as sweet as when they were little.

Charlie is really turning into a little escape artists though, she can tell if the cage is latched properly so if someone forgets she's out and about in a min or so. I had Charlie running around and then it was time for the kittens to roam free so I had my boyfriend put her back and took the kittens out. A minute later she ran over and plopped down right beside the boy kitten, he was a little surprised and brought Charlie back to her cage right away. I'm a little worried now if the kittens have something that Charlie might get and vise versa but it was over a week ago and I've been checking them all carefully and I don't see anything different at all. It was only a few seconds so I'm hoping that nothing will come of it.

I can't wait until we're able to put the two rabbits together, if they do end up getting along. They will both have more room and someone to hang out with besides me. They both love attention and whenever I come to Charlie's cage she runs right into my arms to be picked up. Winston prefers to hop our of his room on his own and just to the couch and then to my lap.

Speaking of bunnies it's time to let one of them out for a while.

Well it has been decided, that my boyfriends mom will keep one of the kittens (this one).

100_3017.jpg

I will take the other one (this one), his name is Calvin, after Calvin and hobbs, my dad wanted to name it hobbs but I reminded him that we already had a cat named hobbs and this kittens wasn't orange like hobbs is.

n527195306_3576535_7339.jpg

We're taking them in a few hours to get their first vaccinations.

We ended up keeping the kittens, the girl is named Charlotte (my boyfriends mom named her) and the boy is named Calvin (one of our old cats was named Hobbs). Here are some updated pictures!

This is Charlotte
IMG_0927.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

and this is Calvin
IMG_0931.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

And here is the new bunny space!

IMG_0989.jpg

The kittens are very tame, which is lucky because they are feral cats, the only problem is that Calvin the boy is a little too in tune with his instincts and we've been advised that he most likely won't be able to get along with the bunnies. We've managed to keep them separate, but he tries to stalk the rabbits when he sees them. I can't see it becoming a problem, but it's unfortunate. We tried and failed at having them get along but nothing is perfect. I'm hoping that in a month when the kittens are spayed and neutered they will calm down some. I've been told not to get my hopes up though. I'm also almost positive that we will end up keeping both kittens as my boyfriends moms cat, is acting insane around Charlotte, plus she all the sudden doesn't seem to want her. The only times she sees the cats are when we bring them to the vet, so I guess I will see.

Adorable kitties! :inlove:

The new bunny space is very impressive, lucky buns! :nod

I was at the vet with Winston today and the sweetest thing happened, it shouldn't have made me so happy cause he was scared but I couldn't help it.

We were sitting at the vets office waiting for her to come in after he was weighed and he's all calm and collected, then the vet comes in, she's the nicest lady ever but she did just neuture him a week ago. Anyways.. she comes in and
he runs across the table and jumps right into my arms, it felt nice that I was his safety even if it was either me or pain in his eyes. I feel guilty that I was happy when he was obviously so scared but it was nice to know he kinda sorta trusts me. He's not the most affectionate bunny, although he loves to jump on me and gives me kisses sometimes too. As for his healing the vet says that he healed super fast and it looks fantastic, I was so happy to hear that! He's eating normally and his poop is normal too, so all signs point to healthy, and that's always good news.

In other news Charlie has been acting super odd for the past week, ever since Winston was neutured pretty much. She's used to love to be picked up and be around us and now she's avoiding us like the plague and digging constantly. She's healthy too apparently so I'm hoping she's just annoyed or something.

Anyways that's all that is up with the bunnies, oh and we redid the bunny area, the bunnies are still seperate of course but there is a lot more stuff going on in bunny world (that's what we call the part of the house devoted to the bunnies lol).

I hope everyone else is doing well!

Latest posts

Back