Winston and Charlie's first blog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenniferCameron

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here and starting a blog seemed like a nice idea so here I am (with Winston of course).

Winston is my fourth Bunny but my first in years. I found him at a pet store. I was originally just going to buy supplies and try to locate a breeder (I was also planning on buying a female bun) but this little guy caught my eye and when I held him I knew he had to be mine.

We've done our best to spoil him. He has his own room filled with boxes and tunnels we made him (really a walk in closet about 4 feet by 6 feet) and a big cage, although I give him run of the apartment as long as we are home and awake.

He enjoys peeing on me and licking me and running around on people and couches.

We're playing to get him a playmate in a month or two so that will be nice for him and myself but also more work for me at least.

I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself and Winston and tell you a bit about. So now here are some pictures!

Hope everyone is doing well!

n507440355_637096_6929-1.jpg

n507440355_637087_4409.jpg

n507440355_652261_4913.jpg

n507440355_652263_4446.jpg

n507440355_652264_711.jpg

n507440355_652282_1832.jpg

Hi, Winston is ADORABLE:heartbeat:. I look forward to lots of pictures and storiesof him.

I also have a Winston.

Susan:)

OMIGOSH what a cute lil bunny - can't wait to hear more about him!!!

n507440355_652255_2305.jpg

Haha I love this picture of Winston. He looks like a mobster "Are you talking to me?"

I'm in Orillia right now and missing Winston terribly. I know that there are breeders up here (more so than in Toronto) and I want to get him a friend but alas I have no conections. I bought him the cutest little food bowls I've ever seen at the Pet Value (plus pets) here. I almost bought a lop eared girl there but I restrained myself as I have no were to keep him and i still had a few days left here plus she would have been so much bigger than him lol. It would be nice if by some miracle someone knew someone up here that bred rabbits but I do believe it's doubtful.

I can't wait to see him and give him treats it's funny how much I miss him already and it's only been 3 days. We will be coming home tomorrow and I can't wait. I hope he remembers me well when I come back. My dad has been watching him (he loves bunnies) and probably spoiling him rotten.

I thought writing in here would make me feel better but it's just making me miss him more. I'll be fine less than 24 hours to go.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Happy Easter to all those that celebrate and happy long weekend to those that don't!

I just made Winston a profile on Bunspace my screen name is JenCameron (or maybe JennCameron it won't let me check). It also won't let me post a reply in the forums I'm wondering if it is because I'm using safari (i'm on a mac).

Please add me if you have a bunspace, it's lonely there all by myself!:biggrin2:

** Edited to say that I think it's supposed to go by Bunny name so his name is Winston and he is in toronto canada.

Well my family has decided that is it time to get Winston a wife. I tried to convince my dad (I live at my dads and pay rent because I'm going back to school in September and can't afford tuition and the high rent that is Toronto living) to get one of the rescue rabbits. He says that we should get a younger bunny because then Winston and the new bun will be more likely to get along. I tried to convince him to let us foster at least but he said no :(. So I'm on the search for a new baby bun. I'm really torn about either finding a breeder of Netherland dwarfs in Toronto (I have tried and been unsucessful) or buying him from a pet store. On one hand I understand that pet stores are bad because the fact that they take them away so young and you're not sure of the conditions they are kept. On the other hand I also see it as saving the bun from a person that would buy it and mistreat it or end up taking it to the humane society.

My dream when I live on my own (my boyfriend hates this idea by the way) is taking in old animals that have been mistreated or neglected. I love the idea of making an old animals last few years or months filled with love and joy. Thomas (my boyfriend) doesn't like the idea because he finds it too sad when they die and he feels that it will just depress him to deal with so much sadness and loss.

In other news Winston is doing great he's been really sweet today, we organized his room again today (just a 4 by 6 feet closet). It's filled with his cage (which we have recently taken the top off) and a whole bunch of boxes that he loves to jump to and from and he sleeps in a few of them too. I also bough the cutest bowls at the pet value in Orillia. We're also buying a second cage within the next month or so because we (meaning I) think it's important that the bunnies each have their own space especially at the begining(and also in case they don't get along we don't need any needlessly injured buns).

Both my boyfriend and my dad want the bunnies to have one litter but I'm still undecided. We decided that we would keep them ourselves and get the boys spayed asap and the girls about a year later (because you are supposed to get them spayed before they are two I have read) and having them all spayed at once would be too costly. On one hand I love the ideas of little buns running around and raising them from birth, on the other hand I how much work it is and although it has already been decided that we won't be taking in any rescue bunnies I feel that by letting the two mate it would cement the issue. My second and third bunnies had babies when I was younger so I do have an idea of what I am in for should i choose to let them mate. They were supposed to both be female lol. In any case I still have at least 5 months to decide so I guess I shouldn't stress about it just yet.

Another concern I have is that most people in pet stores don't know how to sex the rabbits so I might end up with two boys which would be a problem (another pro breeder point).

I'm very undecided and wish that I could locate a breeder in the Toronto area. If any of you know of a breeder that I could talk to please let me know (with their permission of course). My step aunt used to breed them but she doesn't anymore and knowing what I now know about rabbits, I wouldn't want her advice.

I plan on posting some more pics of Winston later tonight and posting some pics of his new habitat.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and for those of you that decide to post I appreciate your opinion.

:biggrin2:

I wish that I could edit the title now that I have Charlie too. I just wasn't expecting to get a new bun this soon, but alas it happened. I can't say I'm not pleased as she is super sweet. The few times I let her out of the cage she comes up and licks me. She's been eating alot. The lady said to only feed her alfalfa the first day and very few pellets to help her in case she was stressed so I have been steadily increasing the amount of pellets. She only really seems interested in the alfalfa when the there are no pellets left. Her poop is solid and she's binking. I'm taking those as good signs. I'm trying to take extra care because she just seems so tini. I have been making sure to also spend as much time with Winston so that he doesn't get jealous.I can't believe how big he is compared to her. He's only 1.7 pounds (at 10 weeks) so she's really little. i was worried until a saw some pics of the same breed at her age and they looked pretty much the same.

Anyways the Leafs are losing and someone else needs the comp so I will go. I hope to be posting more pics of these little guys soon.

I can edit it what would you like it to say.

Done!:biggrin2:

Latest posts

Back