Why can't a bunny have dog/cat privileges ??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't Marshall Farms a "ferret mill"? We hadfour ferrets, three were from breeders, one was a MF ferret. She wasnoticably different, with severe behavioral issues. I don't know forsure, but I don't think they're a real reputable "breeder" :?

m.e.: Unfortunately most pet stores are staffedby young kids who want to work there because it will be"fun". Once they start the job, they realize it's not fun,but a ton of hard work and you are really underpaid for thatwork. The biggest problem though is the most of the managersdon't know what they are talking about either. I have toadmit that I didn't. When I first took over management, Ibelieved what I had been taught. I didn't take me too muchresearch to realize that a lot of it was wrong. That made mereally anal about the whole thing and make sure my employees are welleducated because I know how many people I gave bad info to in thebeginning.

Kadish: Marshall Farms does sell ferrets. They recently gotinto selling rabbit supplies, under the name Peter's. I don'tknow if they sell rabbits or not. A lot of companies do that,they have 1 big name and then market their different lines underdifferent names. I could give you a huge list. Idon't know why they do it, but they do.

Jen

m.e. wrote:
Isn'tMarshall Farms a "ferret mill"? We had four ferrets, three were frombreeders, one was a MF ferret. She was noticably different, with severebehavioral issues. I don't know for sure, but I don't think they're areal reputable "breeder" :?
We were posting at the same time. Yes, Marshall's is a"ferret mill" it's the largest supplier of ferrets in thecountry. There are 2 others: Path Valley and Triple FFarms. They aren't as bad as puppy mills and they do offerferrets in areas where ferret breeding is restricted. Of my6: 3 are Path Valley, 1 is Marshall's and 2 are frombreeders. The Marshall's one has adrenal gland disease, butthat's pretty common. I've had behavioral problems with onefrom a breeder and one from Path Valley, nothing to bad, but enoughthat I notice.

Jen

O.K.Jen, I may give Marshall farms a call sometime, as I'mcurious about Niobe's age .

m.e. , I hope Niobe's notfrom a bunny mill ! ! Hopefully she'll live a longand happy life ! :p

Kadish Tolesa :purplepansy:

I'll find out if they sell bunnies for youtomorrow. I can call the supplier I know who deals withMarshall's. I'll let you know what I find out. Ifshe is from there, she probably came into the store at 8 wks or so.

Jen

From what I was able to find, Marshall's/Peter'sdoes not sell/breed rabbits. They may offer a rabbit caresheet, I forgot to ask. My guess is that the sales girl gother critters crossed.

Thanksagain, Jen........I just got up to get a glass of water 10 minutes ago,and decided to go online. ( way too much coffee today ! )Niobe is a sweetie ! I'll be careful not to allow her aroundany un-neutered bucks --except Gimli-- since I'm a little worried abouther really being spayed.

She and Gimli are my onlyhouse bunnies and both are spayed ( fingers crossed for Niobe !)

Kadish Tolesa :)

Latest posts

Back