Where do you live?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhop

Reaction score
Just wondering where most of you keep your rabbits. I know they can be litter trained, so just wondering how many have them inside and what others think is the best place to keep your bunny.

Thanks.

I keep my rabbit, Mason, outside. While I would love to have him inside (where I know the temperature is always perfect), he loves laying out in the sun. Every morning I look outside and see him tanning :) I tried litter training my rabbit... that didn't work at all! He ended up making a huge mess and chewing the box up. He was a few years old at this point though, maybe too late to train.

Ideally, I think it's best to keep them inside (where you have air and heat) and take them out to play around in a play pen on the grass (or somewhere safe outside).

I keep my babies right inside my bedroom with me. Mallory and Madilyn live in a NIC cage in my open closet and Morgan lives next to them in his pen.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

Mine live outside, they have an enclosure about3 x 3meters big and have a couple levels in there, they seem happy. I'd love to have them inside, but the smell and mess i couldn't handle. Maybe i'll try with one of the babies and see if i can litter train it.

I keep my 2 lil ones indoors in my tv room...where i hangout the most ;) but i do take them outside for some sun and grass fun. It's just that it rains sooo much where i am so i prefer to have them indoors. :hbunnysmell:

Hmm I think my answer is complicated...

I have a nice, big, 2 story hutch right outside my back door (we never use the front door, so this is the main door for us lol). But, with 2boys and 2 girls, and having to wait for them to get older to get fixed, only 2 were out there, the other 2 havea NIC cage in a spare room (has to be that way or the dogs would get them). But this week temps were in the 90's so now all four are in the spare room(built another NIC cage). After everyone's fixed I hope they'll all get along? THen they'll live part time outdoors and part time indoors :)

Jessi

I currently keep them all outside.

I had a bunny that shared my room and it was the best thing, I loved it, and so did she. Unfortunately she died froma bad reaction to some meds, but when I have bred my next litter, I am hoping for a little spotty doe to share my room with again.

We currently have 8 bunnies, 6 of which are netherland dwarfs (or supposed to be, but one in particular seems to be a tad out of proportion lol), and 2 dwarf lops.

Unfortunately, out of the buns in my avatar, only the one second on the left is still alive :(

I have a blog over in bunny blog section with pics of them all, and little daily stories. Feel free to check it out if you're interested :)(maybe you could make one for your buns).

my rabbits are inside... to many preditors where i live(in the middle of the woods)... if the temp.outside is nice i open the window and they also lay in their sunspot on the floor...

--becky

Vega's cage is in the dining room. Our kitchen,dining room, and living room are connected in an L shape. She's a house bunny though, with free access to the whole house. She's only in her cage when we go to bed, or are going out somewhere.

Skye lives in my room. Ronnie lives outside. I will hopefully get Skye spayed thurseday and then him nutered a short time after that. After I do I am going to try to bond them and then they will live inside.

My two live in a large NIC cage in the computer room. As long as someone's home they have free run of the rest of the place, so they're cage is only closed at bed time or if we're both out.

All five inside, in large pens in a spare bedroom. They play in the living room.

There's no smell at all, except for hay and the occasional uneaten cecal. And that's even with one of them refusing to use a litterbox most of the time. Rabbits really don't smell bad if they're spayed/neutered, their scent glands are clean (I've never had to clean them), and you use decent litter like wood pellet litter.

Mine have freerange of my bedroom, with their own 'corner' for litterbox and bedding.The only time there's a smell is if the hay falls into their litterbox and gets peed on. Wet hay stinks :yuck

One of the many reasons I can't keep my rabbit inside - The smell. I wouldn't want that in my room (my door stays closed during the day because of the sleeping chinchillas). I want to set up a play-pen inside for him, but that idea was rejected by the parents.

I can't trust my Mason in my room anymore... I let him inside for 5minutes, turned my head for 20 seconds and my phone charger was destroyed (it wouldn't have been a big deal, but thats my 6thcharger... they're junk, but expensive).

Our buns have cages in one of our spare bedrooms to themselves. Then run of the house normally when we're home

Mine are all outside, but only because my dad's serious allergies prevents them from being inside. Also, my 2 bucks have been outside since the day they were born (over 4 years) so they hate it inside and one of my does has been outside for a year and a half and now can't stand to be inside either. And I mean theyhate it (if you saw how they reacted to it, you'd see what I mean) and none of them will go to the washroom inside, even the one time I had my bucks in for 12 hours, neither of them went to the washroom and I had to let them outsidebefore they'd go to the washroom.:faint:

m.e.,

Wet hay doesn't smell, or at least it shouldn't if it hasn't been sitting long! I know this because I was testing a rabbit for allergies and one of the things I had to do was mist his hay to keep the dust down. WhenI clean hutches, the hay often ends up soaked and it smells wet, but it doesn't stink. If you've ever used newspaper as litter, you probably know that it almost seems to make the urine smell stronger. The same goes for hay, the urine that sits on the hay and gets absorbed is actually causing the smell, not the wet hay.

my rabbit has a cage in my room and he roams free in it at all times. i just left his cage open and had a ramp leading to my bed ;) so right now hes not living in his cage, hes moved into his cardboard castle lol.

Latest posts

Back