Where are your rabbits from?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apollo came from an awesome breeder.
Christa & Hopi came from a forum member-Gypsy.
Stormy came when we rescued her from a bad pet store.
Koda & Norman came to me from another forum member-BlueMoonz.
Kineta is coming from a breeder and forum member-Peg.

Tina

Buns of the Past:

Brindy=Bunny Breeder in Michigan

Chaucer=Bunny Breeder in Tallahassee Florida

Mugsy=Daughter of Chaucer

Tia=pet store bun (gift I couldn't refuse)

Fluffy=rescue from a former student

and now...

Elf=Christmas present... from a pet store (but I wasn't gonna take her back! :p)

I coped and pasted this from a similar thread that I've replied to.

Flopsy wrote:
I remember a lot about the dad we got Flopsy and Fuffy.

My mom picked me upafter school on sunny December2001 tuesday afternoon. I had been begging to go to the pet store forweeks. So she surprised me by driving me and my sister to the mallinstead of home. Then we walked to the petstore. While me and my sisterwhere looking at the puppies Mom was lookings at the bunnies. "Girlswhy don't you look at the bunnies. Breanna (my sister) asked a shopworker if yshe could hold the grey rabbit, wild looking marks(anertherland dwarf). I picked up a black one. We held the buns and letthem hop around the store (there wasen't many people there that day.you can bet though that the worker was at my moms sisde telling her howeasy they were to train). We begged mom if we could keep them. Shefinally gave in, but we had to call my dad and see if it was ok withhim.... he was easy. Then the manger came and my mom told him that wewanted to rabbits of the same sex.

Mom said that we we going to deffiently get the nertherland (as youmight have geussed which is Fluffy) The manger turned Fluffy over andtold us the he was a girl. Then he took the bunny I hadand flipped him over and said that he was a boy. So I had to put himback. And then I picked up what I think was a white holland lop whitebrown and black markings. I loved that bunny too. He was adorable. Themanger flipped him over too and said "hes a boy too". So then I pick upanother black long hair bunny and he told us that I picked a girl.Meand Bre let the buns hop around and I picked up Flopsy andput him in a dog dish. thats how small he was.

---------------------------------

When we got home we let them run around the bouns room. And I said I amgoing to name he Fluffy. And Bre goes no thats what I'm going myrabbit. Well we could have to raabits name the same thing so I namedFlospy, Flopsy.

-----------------------------------

A year later the bunnys start "showing affection" for each other. Somom and I found an vet. We took them and he told us that they whereboth boys. We burst out laughing. The petstore told us that they wereboth girls. Then when they started trying to give "love" to each other.We thought that Fluffy was a boy and Flopsy was agirl. Know we knowthat they are both boys. They are neutured now so we don't have toworry anymore.
-Ashley & Flopsy & Fluffy

Benji- Came to us via an ex boyfriend and a petstore in NY

Brindle- Pet store

S'more- Shelter

MooShu- (S'more's baby) Shelter

Chippy- Pet store (we took her because they were over breedind my poor baby!)

Binkie- Pet store

Roise-Roo Jones- Came to us from the one and only Mr. Carl Lewis aka Buck Jones :bunnyangel:

I got BunBun from the petstore, and Mallory was dropped off from the pet store, and I adopted her! :D

My first rabbit (who is now passed on...) came from a petshop. I wasn't very educated on rabbits, and fell in love.

My best friend ended up getting my little boy's sister...and we had an accidental litter. I kept one of those babies (Oliver)

Then, when my first rabbit passed away, I fell in love with anotherpetshop bunny...who was living with 5 other buns in a tiny glass cage.He came home with me that day :)His name is Blaise.

My last rabbit came from a rescue. I was more educated at that pointand wanted to save her instead of buying a new bun. She came to beBlaise's girlfriend and they are living happily now :)

I know now that rescueing is the better way to go, and I am planning onhaving all of my future buns be from rescues/shelters. (I do beleivethat when buns aren't cared for at petstores...they are consideredrescues too :cool:)

Latest posts

Back