Where are your rabbits from?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bunnies (Devon and Amber) came from a rabbit shelter in Norwalk, Ct.

MOst of mine came froma shut down Bunny Mill .some came from pet stores and 2came from an Exotics place that hadno use of them , ( wooled rabbits )

I got mine as feeder rabbits at a reptile store.

P.S. Welcome Cedricandfriends :)

My 2 boys were taken from a friend that had 3accidental litters. She thought she had 3 males but she was wrong, shehad 1 male and 2 females, one of which must have gotten pregnantimmediately after kindling the first time. Mocha came from the 2ndlitter and Spice came from the 3rd litter.

My newest addition, Kiara, I got from a breeder because I wanted a Holland Lop doe and this was the best way to do it.

@Zee: yeah, I know 'Dehner'...but usually nobodybuys the rabbits there because they are very young and taken away fromtheir mother so early :(you are lucky when your rabbits arehealthy!

My first two rabbits i got from Hula RescueCentre about 6 years ago. I got Pepper from the Garden centre pet shopwhere i work Saturdays. I normally work in the Coffee Shop, I was putin the pet shop one day because we was low in staff and i notice Pepperin the corner. Everybody coming to get rabbits were looking at thedwarfs because they thought Pepper was too big :pTheyobviously havent seen a flemish! She had been in the pet shop for 3months and i felt sorry for her.

Recently I got Dottie from R.A.T.S - Rescued Animals Telephone Service.

I wouldnt fancy getting a rabbit from a breeder because i likerescueing animals and giving them the loving home theydesperatlyneed. And a fresh start.

Igot Rue from a pet store. she was 6 months old, and had been owned by a magician. and i got Kweli from a pet store.

but i have decided that if i get any more pets, it will be from a breeder, or a shelter.

Nicole

One was rehomed to me as she needed free run andshe didn't like the other rabbits where she lived. One was anEaster rabbit purchased for children whose owner no longer wantedhim. One was almost starved to death and dumped on the lawnof a friend in rescue. One was rehomed asher rabbitcompanions were beating up on her. The 2 fosters were dumpedin a residential neighborhood after being abused andstarved.

Hi,we got Buttercup from aformerco-worker of my husbands, we were told he wasa she, hence the name Buttercup.

Our other two we got from a pet store, my girlfriend told us goto. She told us to go see these other bunnies at this store,they were all sold. So as we were walking around the storeand saw thisgroup of the cutest lop eared Bunnies.Both my husband & I kept looking at them, then i had to leavethe store for five minutes, when I came back he was holding one and thesales clerk had the other one, she gave her to me to hold.Well that did it for both of us we bought them on the spot.

Funny thing though we were told they were two males, one we calledWilbur & the other was Jack. Well Jack turned out tobe Jackie. Thank goodness we figured it out in time andseperated them on time so we didn't have any babies.

How ever I must say it was a brutal 4 months waiting to have themfixed. We had to let them out seperately twice aday. But now I can say it was well worth it as they are thebest friends.

Soooska

Sage (Mini Lop) came from the pet store Imanage. Basil, Saphy and Lily (MiniRex)andSampson, Delilah and Anissa (Flemish Giants)camefrom breeders. Elvis (Californian) was left on a friend'sporch. Orion (Mini Rex) was rescued from a reptileshow. Abby (Mini Lop), Dillon (Holland Lop) and Corky(Flemish Mix) came from members of this forum who had to give themup. Cedric (English Lop - coming this weekend) is coming froma breeder.

Jen

I bought Abby and Thumper (Holland Lops) atpetland 2yrs ago. Could not keep them due to landlord. Jen has my Abbyand the bunny people not far from me has Thumper.

SweetPea (Flemish giant) from breeder along with Jen who has Anissa and Delilah.

I have two bunnies so far .. Freddy was a V-daypresent from a pet store .. and one day my b/f and I went out to buyhay and came home with Vicky from the same store .. and I am soon tohave a 3 rabbit, Panzer a Palomino courtesy of thehelpoftwo otherforum members, wheneverTank decides to have them!! hrmph!

Lucy, Oreo and Jasmine i got from different Pet lands around my area.

Jack i adopted for Capital area humane society.

Milo,nahnee,and Peanut were offspring to Lucy and Oreo

And chloe was bought from a Breeder.

my two came from a shelter. I dont think at this time i would do it any other way.

I got Pebbles from a vet. Thevet was caring for Pebbles, because the original owners lefther there pregnant and to be euthanized. Otherwise I would ofadopted a rabbit from the shelter.

Rainbows! :)

Latest posts

Back